Your New Knife!

Honestly, I'll grant you the carbide glass breaker, although there are videos showing that many are just soft steel and won't actually break a window. But there's a lot of seat belt material near the pillar that isn't laying against the body of the victim. If you just had a regular halfway sharp pocket knife, you would want to cut the belt there, or near the buckle to reduce the chances of cutting the victim with your knife.

So, to me, those extra doo-dads on a knife make the knife uncomfortable to carry/use and for nearly no gain.

This, of course, simply the opinion of a random person online whose consideration of similar styled knifes led him to a different conclusion.

Some of the new cars are using laminated glass in the side windows now:

Does Your Car Have Laminated Glass?​

A third of 2018 model-year vehicles have laminated glass in their side windows, AAA says. To find out whether your car has tempered or laminated side windows, read the label in the bottom corner the window, or check directly with the manufacturer. Make sure to check every window, as it’s common for at least one side window to be made from breakable tempered glass.

https://www.cars.com/articles/tough...could-make-it-hard-to-escape-your-car-405870/

Need a recommendation for my 11-year old daughter, who asked for a pocket knife for Christmas. Any recommendations for sub $30 folding knife that's decent? Honestly I can't go through 812 posts to figure this out, and blades aren't my wheelhouse...

I can teach her how to sharpen the blade, but I guess I'm looking for something that isn't total crap and will fall apart.

Thanks.

Need a recommendation for my 11-year old daughter, who asked for a pocket knife for Christmas. Any recommendations for sub $30 folding knife that's decent? Honestly I can't go through 812 posts to figure this out, and blades aren't my wheelhouse...

I can teach her how to sharpen the blade, but I guess I'm looking for something that isn't total crap and will fall apart.

Thanks.
Going with the same vein as @Soundwave ...

Check this out:My First Victorinox H
SAK_0_2373_T__S1.jpg

My Christmas gift for my fixed blade EDC: Marttiini Timberjack. 3.8” blade razor sharp. Comfortable handle. Great knife for $14! I’ll have to wait till after Christmas to test it out.
The sheath is hot garbage. I’ve got a leather crap shoot from eBay coming.
I've got one of these. I use it as a household utility knife. Very comfy in the hand. It's nice for the money....maybe even nicer. Good grab on the Marttini.
iu

picked up a cheap blade from Amazon, I think it was a BPS brand, anyway I had some scrap walnut in the basement and threw on this handle, the blade was in very poor shape with a flat spot right on the belly so I hand ground it out , the belly can still use some work but overall it is sharp. now to find some leather and make a sheath. 20211209_145929.jpg

Last edited:
This may be a dumb question, but what purpose does the mini cleaver serve? I want one, because knife, but I can't really sell my self on what it does that my other knives don't.

walmart $17 Camillus Chunk it is a lock blade so it is safer and it is not spring assisted but it has the NUB on the back side of the blade and flips open easily one handed. titanium blade. good all around knife for most day to day stufff.

Back
Top Bottom