You're going to like this :) 9mm carbine

Thureon Defense 9mm Carbine
I've never head of these until recently(yesterday [hmmm]) ..but, I most definitely want one...okay, I haven't seen the price yet...as long as its "reasonable" if I can find one its a get [grin]

The site:
http://www.mycarbine.com/

The vids:
http://www.mycarbine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=3

-edit
okay, with a little more searching I found this:
The pricing is as follows:

Thureon Defense 9mm Carbine $659.99 ea.
Complete with one (1) 32 rnd. magazine

Options Factory Installed:
Open Sights Nested in Sight Rail $60.00 ea.
M4 Telescoping Buttstock $25.00 ea.
Single Point Sling Mount $20.00 ea.
Ambidextrous Safety Lever $38.00 ea.

Accessories:
Laser / Tactical Light Mount $26.00 ea.
Extra Magazine 32 Rnd. Steel $41.00 ea.
Single Point Sling $45.00 ea.
Thureon Defense Tactical Rifle Case $99.00 ea.

We are selling "Dealer Direct", so contact your favorite gun shop and have
them order from us.

Last edited:
get a colt 9mm AR, UZI or hk94. dont waste your time with knock off hybrids. i personally perfer time tested shooting platforms. seems like everyone and their brother is popping up with a hybrid or clone of some sort. once you get it, the novelty will wear out very quick. and then it will be up for sale here on NES.

All true but it's nice to see new manufacturers coming online and giving more choices to the people who want to arm themselves.

All true but it's nice to see new manufacturers coming online and giving more choices to the people who want to arm themselves.

Agreed. More options is better. I just have little interest in 9mm carbines in general and this one in particular. The HK94, when converted to an SBR, gives you a shorter overall length, which is about its only attraction for me. YMMV.

I went through a 9mm carbine phase, but then suddenly realized that I could have a couple of real USGI m1 carbines from the CMP and ammo at what was then about .25 a round.

I like it. Does it use Uzi mags, or are they proprietary? If it uses a mag that is readily available as a pre-ban normal cap, I'd consider buying one. Not so much if I have to stick with 10-rounders.

That's why I haven't bough a 10mm AR upper. The only one I could find was an Oly that uses .41 AE Uzi mags.

For all you haters [wink].....now that I've had a chance to go over the pricing, I've lost almost all interest.

It was a very short lived "phase"

Check out the video on the site.. The older woman shooting with (I assume) her husband looks soo uncomfortable and out of place. I just started laughing as soon as they showed them shooting.

I like it. Does it use Uzi mags, or are they proprietary? If it uses a mag that is readily available as a pre-ban normal cap, I'd consider buying one. Not so much if I have to stick with 10-rounders

From the looks of the mags they appear to be Uzi mags which would be nice if a Mass resident bought one of these. I'm sure even if they are proprietary you could probably modify the mags easy enough.

I built up a 9mm AR in part because I came into some of the parts needed for free, so buying the balance was no big deal. I never really had any great expectations for the gun but it has without a doubt become one of my favorites to shoot!

Now if someone would come up with a dedicated 9mm AR type lower that used UZI mags, THAT would be way cool!

This looks like an OK gun. Too bad you won't be able to get the 32 round clips (word "clip" taken directly from the video) for Massachusetts. Now, if they could drop the price to maybe $500 or so...

Also, look at the High Point .45 carbine, which should be coming soon. Also, the Kahr (Auto Ordnance) Thompson "Tommy Gun". If they made it with an alloy frame to lighten it, it would be even more appealing to some people, though I think it seems fine as is.

I like it too. It would make for some inexpensive plinking. (as compared to my AR that is)

I think a 9mm AR is a great idea but prefer an upper rather than a whole rifle. The AR lower has a world of accessories available. I doubt you can say the same thing for this new offering.

It looks pretty good to me too.

Not a bad option for someone looking for compatability with their handguns in a reasonably priced format.

It looks pretty good to me too.

Not a bad option for someone looking for compatability with their handguns in a reasonably priced format.

Or for some fun plinking! I have a Kel Tec Sub 2000 and have a blast with it. An AR conversion to 9mm will allow plinking with a familiar playform...SHTF gun.

Fun but expensive for what it is.

Or for some fun plinking! I have a Kel Tec Sub 2000 and have a blast with it. An AR conversion to 9mm will allow plinking with a familiar playform...SHTF gun.

Fun but expensive for what it is.

I've been on the lookout for a Kel-Tec 2000 for some time now. I'm looking for a 9mm with Glock magazines, but have struck out to-date.

I know I can order one and wait about eight months, but I've never been keen on that approach.

The search continues...

I've been on the lookout for a Kel-Tec 2000 for some time now. I'm looking for a 9mm with Glock magazines, but have struck out to-date.

I know I can order one and wait about eight months, but I've never been keen on that approach.

The search continues...

There are several available on GB.

http://www.gunbroker.com/

Search for "sub 2000 9mm glock".

I built up a 9mm AR in part because I came into some of the parts needed for free, so buying the balance was no big deal. I never really had any great expectations for the gun but it has without a doubt become one of my favorites to shoot!

Now if someone would come up with a dedicated 9mm AR type lower that used UZI mags, THAT would be way cool!

Not a dedicated lower but this mag well adapter lets you use unmodified UZI mags in a Colt-type 9mm AR.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=19669/Product/AR_15_M16_9mm_MAG_BLOCK_ADAPTER

Back
Top Bottom