Yugo 7.62x39 corrosive surplus 1970s $0.20 per round. good til 06/28/2010

I'm planning to get some, but 1000 rnds is a bit much for me. Anyone wants to pitch-in?[smile]
Also availalbe in 1,260 rounds @ same price per round

•Manufactured in Yugoslavia in the 1970s
•7.62x39
•1000rds
•15rd Boxes
•Brass Cased
•Lead Core
•Berdan Primed
•FMJ
•123 Grain

THIS AMMO IS SURPLUS CORROSIVE
AM762Y1260_bullets_D.jpg
AM762Y1260_box2_D.jpg

Last edited:
I'd go in with you, but I already have a bunch. I'm assuming you've spied the lot in the classifieds?

My romanian ak has liked it very much. No failures what-so-ever. Lightly corrosive, but not as bad as the spam can x54R I have. I've shot it in the rain and there was hardly anything in the barrel when I cleaned her out. The only thing this stuff leaves behind is tons of red paint from the circle painted around the primer.

I think the pain would look good in a m70 [wink]

I was told there are occasionally group ammo purchases here at NES. Does anyone knows how to get on this train?

Sure, pm Derek for permission and then post a feeler in the group buy section to see if anyone is interested. Then ask for someone to run the buy and maybe you will get lucky and someone will volunteer.

Tommy

Aren't Berdan primed rounds a pain in the ass to reload?
Not trying to throw water on the fire but... Cabelas has MFS brass cased, boxer primed on the shelf in plenty
at .35 per reloaders like this one cause you can deprime the case. the berdans are almost impossible
just a thought

Last edited:
Aren't Berdan primed rounds a pain in the ass to reload?
Not trying to throw water on the fire but... Cabelas has MFS brass cased, boxer primed on the shelf in plenty
at .35 per reloaders like this one cause you can deprime the case. the berdans are almost impossible
just a thought
i don't have any reloading equipment nor money to buy it. i don't have time either. I would like some day to start doing that, but until then surplus is my only real option.

I've got 2 people for 7.62x39. No more participants accepted.

Anybody interested in splitting one 880 case of 7.62x54R?
Soviet corrosive surplus (late 70s early 80s) $0.22 per round?
PM me if you do.

Last edited:
You may argue the economics end of it, but the berdan-primed stuff is reloadable. For the price of surplus and even new ammo in this caliber, it may not be sensible, but assuming you have berdan primers, it can be done. Murom Apparatus Producing Plant has all the berdan primers available, but I doubt you'll be able to get them (if you can, let me know!). The 5.5mm (.217") berdan primer used in most 7.62x39/8mm/7.62 NATO etc is .007" larger than WLRs or CCI 200s.
http://www.flame.murom.ru/en/Htmls/primers.htm
Water or the RCBS Berdan-decap tool will get most primers out, but the time, effort and expense may not be worth it. That's your call. Go easy with the tool or you'll be damaging the anvil and/or replacing the cutting tip!

Oh... I guess I should add the following precaution, too:
Most R-P 7.62x39 that I've come across (if even available anymore) has a small primer, so be sure to segregate that before trying to jam a large primer in with your progressive press.

Personally, I like having both primer sized brass in 7.62x39 and .45 ACP, since I can keep producing ammo if my large primers are exhausted...or versa visa!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom