Zenks in Whitinsville, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped in yesterday for my second time. I won't likely waste my time in there anymore, even though I am very local.

His prices are all HIGH. I know I've heard it stated on this board that he likes to haggle but some prices were just crazy. I noted a couple of J-frame airweights in the $500s and he had one new M&P that was marked at $699 (maybe it was $649).

I looked through his ammo and ended up buying a couple of boxes of .38 that was marked as a good deal. Only because he hasn't altered the price tags in ages. He toyed with the idea of looking up the cost to adjust it before I bought it. Then he didn't have any change for my $30 and didn't want to take my card. I ended up paying a couple bucks more because he couldn't make change. I didn't feel like arguing with him.

He is a bit crotchety but I can look past that. Although, I noted that each of the two times I want in he has commented on my clothing as I have been dressed for work each time. One time about how shiney my dress shoes were (those are the shiniest shoes I've ever seen) and yesterday about how he doesn't get many people in suits. That is kind of annoying.

Not worth your 10 minutes in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom