#1 reason i now hate PENN

I have a 525 mag. It is unbelievably fast. I had to put 50 weight in it with the mags to keep it under control. I've measured 480 feet with it on my 12' rod.

I don't have any nostalgia over that old squidder. There are so many reels that are much better, faster and smoother than that old clunker.

well somtimes a certin rod reel etc gets attatchment because its just been the lucky one. its more commen with fishing poles that for some reason you catch the most fish off one rod, you can use 2 and cast them into the same spot with the same bait and for some reason only one of them catches the fish.

again it more commen with fishing poles but i find the same with hunting, # one reason i dont like to change my weapons, my rifle has been lucky and evan though i would like a new one i just cant leave lucky home.

Penn's been braking my heart for awhile now. They definitely are not what I remember them to be in my youth. But then again they were never this smooth before either. [thinking]

Are you still fishing that reel?
If so, what have you been doing for maintenance?

Yup. Clean and lube every year before and after the season.
Thorough rinse with fresh water after every outing.

Caught this with it a few years ago with 12lb line.

Big_Fish1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet!
Some people rag on me for fishin' or huntin' on my old gear. Works though.

I love old gear. We just cleaned out my FIL's house and he had some old one and two piece
surf rods (bamboo and fiberglass) and I was thinking about trying them out this summer. I
don't know what happened to his other gear though. My suspicion is that his son got to it
before I did. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom