1000 yd rifle range in the works - Granby Bow & Gun Club!!!

Viper22

NES Member
I haven't heard much about the Granby Bow & Gun Club, and a quick google search didn't bring up much.

However I do have this tidbit of information to pass on:

The club will be putting in a 1000 yard rifle range!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirt work starts very, very soon. But there is a ton of fill to be hauled out, so it may take awhile for the new range to open. There will be berms on either side, the whole 1000 yard length. The backstop will be somewhere around 22' high.

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Granby Bow & Gun Club. This is info told to me from someone who is going to be doing the dirt work.

Last edited:
I don't think I can see that far, never mind hit a barn side with a rifle at that range, but I would sure love to try.

Last edited:
They are just an artillery shot down the road from me. I'll try to stop by and check it out.

Any members who can actually confirm this for us?

As I stated in the OP, this is definetly going to happen. My father works for the company that has the contract to do the excavation work. He is most likely going to be one of the operators on the job.

Maybe they will allow shooting without being a member as some clubs do but for a fee. I am definetly interested in trying this out when it happens.

Man I wish that was not so far away. I can't see joining a club that is more then 2 hours away.

It'll be the only thing that has 1000 yards in this part of the country. 2 hours will be nothing... I think you have to drive to PA or NY or something to get a 1000 yd range now.

-Mike

There are four long range (800, 900 & 1000 yard) events held at Forbes Rifle & Pistol in Colonie NY (right next to Albany).

May 8 & 9
June 26 & 27
July 17 & 18
September 11 & 12

They also have Monday morning practices on Apr 26, May 17, Jun 21, Jul 12, Aug 16, Sept 6.

It'll be the only thing that has 1000 yards in this part of the country. 2 hours will be nothing... I think you have to drive to PA or NY or something to get a 1000 yd range now.

-Mike

OK OK fine. I am working a long range project now anyways, what good is it if I can't let it stretch its legs?

Why did I read this thread, now I want to join another club and buy a .50BMG just for it. My bank account will never be the same again.

i'd make the trip at least once, i'd love to shoot at 1000.

i'm sure PSS would be down to head out there with me, too. he'd clear his schedule for a little PSS vs. LTR fun.

This is pretty interesting. In my search for a club to join, I stopped by this one for a look. It's about 15 minutes down the road from me. When I got there, there was a person putting stuff in their truck. Based on what he told me, the majority of the club was heavy into archery and not so much into guns.

Back
Top Bottom