18 and clueless. Please help.

I have to question why a healthy (I assume that you are healthy) 18 year old thinks they can't endure military training.

I'm a bit curious, do you live alone or still under the same roof as your parents. Are your parents simply not interested in guns, or are they against them? If you live under their roof I recommend that you either respect their rules or get your own roof.
sorry lemans I did not really give you a complete answer regarding my parents. They don't welcome guns but they are not against it either. They are completely fine with me joining the sport but they are not fine with me joining the army as they know I will be putting my life in danger. I do respect their rules as I respect them dearly.

You might also check out Rob McDermott's (Robmcd IIRC on NES) classes. He's out in the Springfield area and is a superb instructor. He might also be able to point you towards some ongoing resources in your area.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

You might also check out Rob McDermott's (Robmcd IIRC on NES) classes. He's out in the Springfield area and is a superb instructor. He might also be able to point you towards some ongoing resources in your area.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Thank you for the welcome and the reply, I will look him up for sure.

look for a CMP clinic at a gun club near you - lotsa good info for beginners

You'll get more answers & suggestions from others, but you might want to start here:

Project Appleseed Home
Civilian Marksmanship Program

Vii, next Appleseed in MA is in a week in Harvard; next Western MA Appleseed is in Leyden on the weekend of April 21. If you want to attend either one I can make sure that there is a loaner rifle there for you to use. PM me for more info if you want.

Back
Top Bottom