• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2021 NES Bullet Casting Seminar Feeler?

Should we hold the casting seminar in the spring or the fall?

• Total voters

mac1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I would guess it could eventually happen. However using carnauba red I usually see a full ring of lube still on the bullets I recover.

There are some good threads on it on CastBoolits.
It can be done and I’m sure the savings would pay for an extra gas tube from time to time.
Just about every cast bullet I pick up on the range still has red or blue lube on them.
The amount of fouling would need to be bad to do anything in short order.
The .225 55 grain gas checked lubed with Lyman I ran through my AR carbine with H4895 I loaded the powder charge to tge point of 100% function then blasted through the rest over a few years. Only swabing the barrel for rust prevention

Michael J. Spangler

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
As of today, I could host a early/mid May session at my house (Taunton near Dighton/Rehoboth). Saturday is the best day for me (Sunday is church day)

Early/Mid lets me ROM for two weeks before I have a known need to go into work for an event.
Nice. Let’s discuss this. Might be a great way to get a small event in for the spring. Thank you!

mac1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
The season is close, time to mine some Gold, RedNeck Gold that is
ZD3ye8km.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom