• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2023 Cast Bullet Seminar!!!

Alright folks it’s getting close.

Who’s on the fence? What has you sitting there?
Questions about what a cast bullet can and cannot do?
Scared to run a coated bullet in your open gun?
Worried about leading?
Think they won’t perform on game?
Don’t know if the cost savings is there?
Accuracy will be junk?

Ask your questions here and let the folks tell you real life results. This one is coming up quick

Alright folks it’s getting close.

Who’s on the fence? What has you sitting there?
Questions about what a cast bullet can and cannot do?
Scared to run a coated bullet in your open gun?
Worried about leading?
Think they won’t perform on game?
Don’t know if the cost savings is there?
Accuracy will be junk?

Ask your questions here and let the folks tell you real life results. This one is coming up quick
I'm on the fence but leaning towards in; I need to find my lead range scrap bars so I actually have something to contribute. If I can't find them I'll buy some more and will be in but it would make me rock hard if I could find that redneck gold.

I'm on the fence but leaning towards in; I need to find my lead range scrap bars so I actually have something to contribute. If I can't find them I'll buy some more and will be in but it would make me rock hard if I could find that redneck gold.
Unless there's a huge need for lead, dont buy any. I'll be bringing about 20 lbs (of dive weights) that I don't need NOW but will play it forward for future draft choices.

PS and does anyone still need 20lb propane tanks that they couldn't scrounge themselves? I may be able to get s couple, but won't knock myself out if no one wants them.

Unless there's a huge need for lead, dont buy any. I'll be bringing about 20 lbs (of dive weights) that I don't need NOW but will play it forward for future draft choices.

PS and does anyone still need 20lb propane tanks that they couldn't scrounge themselves? I may be able to get s couple, but won't knock myself out if no one wants them.
That is music to my ears because (1) I can't find the bars anywhere in my house (moved recently) and (2) I'm strapped for cash at the moment because I am in between jobs and have other expenses that are taking priority.

How about some mouse fart loads for the farm pests or for training the wife and kids on your favorite deer rifle without all the recoil? View attachment 796892

Or some full bore gas checked pissin hot deer rounds for yourself?

View attachment 796893
How fast you pushing those.
Whats your average twist rate for the 30/30, 35 win rifles.
I know from cast in the 30 cal family battle rifles with 1/10 twist your topping off around 1900 fps
1500-1750 is the accuracy sweet spot for me.

How fast you pushing those.
Whats your average twist rate for the 30/30, 35 win rifles.
I know from cast in the 30 cal family battle rifles with 1/10 twist your topping off around 1900 fps
1500-1750 is the accuracy sweet spot for me.
I’ll have to look at my notes but these were coped off a buddies load that was damn near max and shot lights out so I went with that.

I shoot a lot of lighter loads because I’m usually just plinking at steel and don’t need to waste powder. However with a hard alloy, and gas check you can move them.

I’ll have to look at my notes but these were coped off a buddies load that was damn near max and shot lights out so I went with that.

I shoot a lot of lighter loads because I’m usually just plinking at steel and don’t need to waste powder. However with a hard alloy, and gas check you can move them.
I gave up the “hard alloy” many many years ago .
If it cant shoot with basic wheel wheight alloy I dont bother.

I have a Lee 452-255-RF that I can bring. Rhere are always so many molds in different calibers but other molds I can bring too if there is interest:
Lee 356-125-2R
Lee 356-120-TC
Lee 309-170-F
Lee 312-155-2R
Lee Round Ball .451 ~137gr
MP 8mm .326 183gr
Artie , I No sooner posted and saw this.
Should do the job no?

Are there even any lead wheel weights left? I asked my local auto shop and he hasn't seen any in like forever, all steel now.
Yes , lead is still out there.
Not much
Im going to put a small bucket near the machine I use and toss what lead I pull off in it.
I think its about 70% steel over all.
The lead clip ons are getting scarce over all. Stick on are 85% steel.

Back
Top Bottom