• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2023 Cast Bullet Seminar!!!

It’s not about the boolits anyway it’s about the networking and knowledge.
I get that It is sparking my curiosity. I dont really have a need for any right now anyway unless i could find .475 325-350 gn mold. I just got out of hospital with spinal surgery a few days ago. so cant really do anything right now. Can i let you know a week or so before?

I get that It is sparking my curiosity. I dont really have a need for any right now anyway unless i could find .475 325-350 gn mold. I just got out of hospital with spinal surgery a few days ago. so cant really do anything right now. Can i let you know a week or so before?
Yeah that works.

Plenty out there.

As long as you can climb three steps to hit the head shouldn't be an issue.
Or you could walk out past the wood line (no dropping a deuce on my lawn, only the dogs are allowed to do that 🤔)

Custom wadcutters any size. Maybe you wanna stack them in your 45-70?
Well you can do that when you’re part of the cool kids club.
This works for just about any mould and stacking in most straight walled cartridges.

version=1&uuid=64CE1404-389D-4546-96FB-5DA509B232B8&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg version=1&uuid=1E6B1688-A0C5-4B80-9FB8-9B87CA599C36&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg

If anyone has an extra propane tank to use for smelting, I’m in for one. I’ve resisted so far, but have pure lead and high tin solder. Need to make a general alloy for casting pistol bullets.

And down for 1 of @pastera Lee pot covers.

And thanks for making this Sunday. Zone 10 deer don’t like it, but I do.

If anyone has an extra propane tank to use for smelting, I’m in for one. I’ve resisted so far, but have pure lead and high tin solder. Need to make a general alloy for casting pistol bullets.

I have one - It's not cut but I pulled the guts on the valve a while ago so it is ready to cut.

I'll see if I can get to cutting it before the seminar - it's a pain since a 20lb tank doesn't quite fit on my 4x6 bandsaw. It will cut one but it's a PITA to get the cut straight.

I have one - It's not cut but I pulled the guts on the valve a while ago so it is ready to cut.

I'll see if I can get to cutting it before the seminar - it's a pain since a 20lb tank doesn't quite fit on my 4x6 bandsaw. It will cut one but it's a PITA to get the cut straight.
I was just going to Sawzall it (carefully) then grind the cut to smooth it. I’m not OCD so a slight wave or slant doesn’t bother me

I would make small batches
Your better off keeping the pure lead pure and only use the high tin solder to add tin to alloy as needed.
I often trade pure lead to the black powder shooters for alloy more suited to my needs. Last trade was great , 50lbs pure for 50lbs “hard cast”
I rather have the hardcast alloy

Back
Top Bottom