2023- NH Legislation

There's a Michael Bruno at Troop F?

Surely not the same guy who is the JROTC instructor at White Mountains Regional (also in the Troop F region).

That would be some impressive time management if true. Troop F is quite short and some JROTC jobs are time consuming.

I'm not sure the times would work out though. Ended 23 years of Army stuff in 2009 putting him maybe 41 then and maybe late 50s now. Getting kind of old to do full time SP stuff.

There is a Michael R Bruno on this Troop F blotter. Weekly Arrest Blotters - February 13-26, 2023

edit: different middle initial

Capture.JPG

That would be some impressive time management if true. Troop F is quite short and some JROTC jobs are time consuming.

I'm not sure the times would work out though. Ended 23 years of Army stuff in 2009 putting him maybe 41 then and maybe late 50s now. Getting kind of old to do full time SP stuff.

There is a Michael R Bruno on this Troop F blotter. Weekly Arrest Blotters - February 13-26, 2023

edit: different middle initial

View attachment 730331
We don't talk about Bruno.

Just received this in an email today:

The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is currently tracking HB 76, a bill to impose a 3-day waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm from any licensed manufacturer or dealer to a law abiding citizen like yourself.

Currently, the Granite State has no waiting period when you purchase a firearm. Indeed, such waiting periods treat you like a lesser citizen, as if you are somehow “guilty” of some unknown heinous act that requires the authorities to keep a firearm out of your hands for a few days, “just in case.”

As I’m sure you are well-aware, such a “just in case” mentality is a common ploy of those wishing to strip law abiding citizens like yourself of your precious rights. Today it would be a 3-day waiting period; tomorrow it could be weeks. Currently, Hawaii has such a waiting period of about 14 days, while California and Washington, D.C.—that bastion of law-abiding folks with such low gun crime—has a waiting period of 10 days.

I think you would agree with me that we don’t want New Hampshire to become like places such as California.

HB 76 needs to be defeated, and that is why I’m alerting you today. The bill is scheduled to go before the entire State House this Thursday, March 16, for a floor vote. Since it was released from the Criminal Justice and Public Safety committee without recommendation, the first motion would be to pass this terrible bill.

Instead, I’m asking you to contact your State Representative to consistently cast votes against HB 76 and ensure its final defeat.

Is it just me or is the state website for testimony submissions f***ing awful?

Not the most user friendly at all, but it has been slowly getting better.

Annoying that I can't add text to the Senate side though. They need to fix that. Should be the same for both legislative bodies.

Kind of amusing to see your name on public record opposing a bill when tons of goobers support it and then you coming out on the winning side. :)

Not the most user friendly at all, but it has been slowly getting better.

Annoying that I can't add text to the Senate side though. They need to fix that. Should be the same for both legislative bodies.

Kind of amusing to see your name on public record opposing a bill when tons of goobers support it and then you coming out on the winning side. :)
Is there a particular web browser that works better? Edge and Firefox wont let me select anything on 3/16

Is there a particular web browser that works better? Edge and Firefox wont let me select anything on 3/16

Noting your other post and RE HB76, the time to provide hearing input was prior to noon on the day of the hearing(02/08/2023).

At this stage it is knock on your rep's door/call/text before they show up at 10 in Concord tomorrow.

Provided the Rs in majority pay attention, this should go in our way.

I'm pretty sure I'm one of the 157 opposing. Not digging at you-just a generic soapbox* moment, but this is why we need to pay attention before the emails from various orgs.

*I have plenty of soapboxes that I jump on daily.

Noting your other post and RE HB76, the time to provide hearing input was prior to noon on the day of the hearing(02/08/2023).

At this stage it is knock on your rep's door/call/text before they show up at 10 in Concord tomorrow.

Provided the Rs in majority pay attention, this should go in our way.

I'm pretty sure I'm one of the 157 opposing. Not digging at you-just a generic soapbox* moment, but this is why we need to pay attention before the emails from various orgs.

*I have plenty of soapboxes that I jump on daily.
I'm f***ing dumb... and lack reading comprehension apparently...

Still learning the NH process, need to do better.

I sent out emails so hopefully they get recorded and have some effect.

I'm f***ing dumb... and lack reading comprehension apparently...

Still learning the NH process, need to do better.

I sent out emails so hopefully they get recorded and have some effect.

You're good dude. Thanks for helping our cause and providing input. [cheers]

Our orgs and the nerds who do this as a hobby could do a better job at prodding folks prior to specific key dates in the various legislative bodies.

Admittedly I don’t know how soon they announce when a bill is going to the floor, I’m still learning about the calendar pdfs they post each Thursday and I think they make some mention of it in there.
I’ve reached out and talked with design about how to provide assistance by reading up on the bills and providing context, so hopefully we can alert more people sooner.
So we’ll see how it goes.

It would be pretty funny if NH ended up with a waiting period on firearms purchases (I know it won't happen, at least this time around). The fact that this is even up for a vote is surprising. Gun owners in NH better make sure to get fully involved and run for offices held by Dems/RINOs, vote, etc.

It would be pretty funny if NH ended up with a waiting period on firearms purchases (I know it won't happen, at least this time around). The fact that this is even up for a vote is surprising. Gun owners in NH better make sure to get fully involved and run for offices held by Dems/RINOs, vote, etc.
Every bill not "retained in committee" goes up for a vote, so as long as there's a single elected rep or senator with a (D) after their name, this sort of bill will be proposed and voted on.

Inexpedient to Legislate. WTF is Dan Wolf's problem?

View attachment 732351View attachment 732352

He's obviously a D who ran as an R. We need to find someone that lives down their to start a 2024 campaign against him based almost solely on his voting record. Should be a relatively easy one if they start the social media campaign now. New London and Newbury--anyone live down there?

Way too many Rs not doing their job and "Not Excused" from that vote too. Ankarbeg, Edwards, Hynes, Lascelles, McConkey, Thackston, and Varney.

ETA:
2020 primary unopposed
2020.JPG

2022 a challenger appears
2022.JPG

2024 to kick him to the curb.

Last edited:
Every bill not "retained in committee" goes up for a vote, so as long as there's a single elected rep or senator with a (D) after their name, this sort of bill will be proposed and voted on.

I'm annoyed that HB100 got retained. Repealing the I&D tax instead of the current phase out.

HB444 polling places ban was killed as well. Was that the last anti bill this year?

Dan Wolf must have clicked the wrong button as he came out on the proper side here.

Republicans not doing what their constituents elected them for and not excused from the vote: Cahill, Porcelli, Smith, S.

Capture.JPG

From experience, I can tell you that committee members don't pay much attention to the ratio of online submissions.

Just like I didn't consider the hundreds (sometimes thousands) of emails I received from out of state, I never applied any weight to comments other than my constituents.

I wasn't representing Arizona, and I wasn't representing Keene, Peterborough, or Dover.

I can't remember much from last year and the GC site is less than awesome for retaining data, but here is some Rep Wolf from last year. Other than his actions on 1178, it seems mostly normal.

Are there checks for flasks of intoxicating liquids before they go in? Dude recently fall off the wagon?

hb1178.JPG

hb1668.JPG

two bills.JPG

If the "Smith, S" is "Steven Smith" from the Goshen area, there are really no other choices in that area. It heavily favors the "D"s, and those from that area (as others) are strongly anti-gun.

Coming up next week and WTF is up with this committee recommendation? I got it, shit happens and people can't attend a hearing, but come on man. [banghead]

HB 351-FN, relative to the negligent storage of firearms and relative to firearm safety devices. MAJORITY: OUGHT TO PASS WITH AMENDMENT. MINORITY: INEXPEDIENT TO LEGISLATE.
Rep. David Meuse for the Majority of Criminal Justice and Public Safety. There are few tragedies greater than the negligent death or injury of a child as a result of a firearm being left unattended. Currently, incidents involving firearms are estimated to be the third-leading cause of injury-related death among American children 17 and under. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that each day in America, 8 children and teens are injured or killed in shootings involving an improperly stored or misused gun found in the home. Under existing New Hampshire law, a negligent person who leaves an unsecured firearm in a place where a child gains access to it can only be charged with an offense if the child threatens another person with the weapon, uses it to commit a crime, or discharges it recklessly. This bill would strengthen the current policy by broadening the circumstances constituting an offense to also include displaying the weapon to other children or bringing it into a public place, such as a school. The bill would also strengthen the penalty from a violation to a misdemeanor, or in cases where a child discharges the weapon resulting in the injury or death of the child or another person, the penalty may elevate to a class B felony. Vote 10-9.

Rep. Jonathan Stone for the Minority of Criminal Justice and Public Safety. The minority of the committee, after hearing testimony, decided that there was no compelling government interest provided by the sponsor or any other witness, for upgrading the penalty from a violation to a misdemeanor for the negligent storage of firearms. Federal law has required federal firearm licensees to sell every handgun with a secure gun storage or safety device since 2005. This bill seeks to micro-manage decisions by citizens about how they choose to store their firearms and ammunition. New Hampshire is routinely determined to be one of, it not the, safest states in the country. New Hampshire citizens know how to safely store their firearms and be prepared to defend their homes at the same time without the government telling them how to. No one from New Hampshire law enforcement asked for this bill or any change in the current law.

Coming up next week and WTF is up with this committee recommendation? I got it, shit happens and people can't attend a hearing, but come on man. [banghead]

HB 351-FN, relative to the negligent storage of firearms and relative to firearm safety devices. MAJORITY: OUGHT TO PASS WITH AMENDMENT. MINORITY: INEXPEDIENT TO LEGISLATE.
Rep. David Meuse for the Majority of Criminal Justice and Public Safety. There are few tragedies greater than the negligent death or injury of a child as a result of a firearm being left unattended. Currently, incidents involving firearms are estimated to be the third-leading cause of injury-related death among American children 17 and under. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that each day in America, 8 children and teens are injured or killed in shootings involving an improperly stored or misused gun found in the home. Under existing New Hampshire law, a negligent person who leaves an unsecured firearm in a place where a child gains access to it can only be charged with an offense if the child threatens another person with the weapon, uses it to commit a crime, or discharges it recklessly. This bill would strengthen the current policy by broadening the circumstances constituting an offense to also include displaying the weapon to other children or bringing it into a public place, such as a school. The bill would also strengthen the penalty from a violation to a misdemeanor, or in cases where a child discharges the weapon resulting in the injury or death of the child or another person, the penalty may elevate to a class B felony. Vote 10-9.

Rep. Jonathan Stone for the Minority of Criminal Justice and Public Safety. The minority of the committee, after hearing testimony, decided that there was no compelling government interest provided by the sponsor or any other witness, for upgrading the penalty from a violation to a misdemeanor for the negligent storage of firearms. Federal law has required federal firearm licensees to sell every handgun with a secure gun storage or safety device since 2005. This bill seeks to micro-manage decisions by citizens about how they choose to store their firearms and ammunition. New Hampshire is routinely determined to be one of, it not the, safest states in the country. New Hampshire citizens know how to safely store their firearms and be prepared to defend their homes at the same time without the government telling them how to. No one from New Hampshire law enforcement asked for this bill or any change in the current law.

Copying MA.

Copying MA.

It won't pass, but it highlights the importance of Reps showing up to the hearings.

Even if it was a tied vote and went to the House without recommendation, it would still have to be voted on as OTP before it could be ITLed. *referencing a post from KBCraig earlier in the thread.

It's just that a Majority OTPA looks bad.

HB222 Adult seatbelt law was ITLed yesterday as well. 206-162.

22 Dems joined the proper side here.

Four "republicans" are for the nanny state. Margeret Drye, Oliver Ford, David Nagel, and our good buddy Dan Wolf.

Back
Top Bottom