2023- NH Legislation

So "Inexpedient to Legislate", does that mean it doesn't get out of the committee? Or it gets out of the committee with effectively "ought not to pass"?

Those are the committee recommendations.

It goes to the full House floor with those recommendations and the House will make motions and vote.

SB 117 floors tomorrow in the Senate.

This was the one raising the age from 16 to 18 regarding negligent storage.

It came out of committee at a 3-2 ITL recommendation, and will probably be along party lines tomorrow. I think this will be the first 2A related vote for this Senate session, so it will be interesting to see what the newcomers do. I'm not really expecting a surprise though.

Interesting are the two who testified in opposition. One is the lawyer, Penny Dean, so it is good to see that she is still working for the right side and helping out even when she might not be getting paid. Also was Gun Owner's of New Hampshire who I have hear of, but haven't really seen much about. Their FB is pretty dead and their website is defunct.

HB 59
I see the gun grabbers are really pushing the background check again, claiming 90% of gun owners are for it, which I am sure is a lie.

HB 59
I see the gun grabbers are really pushing the background check again, claiming 90% of gun owners are for it, which I am sure is a lie.
It is. If 90% of an electorate wanted anything there wouldn't be debate and it would sail through with no objection.

Can we get an update for the OP with all the 2A related stuff?

Thanks

IMO that would be cool, but it would turn into a full time job for the OP to continually update this post.

Also IMO, it would be of limited worth as the action items, random nuances, and other key events are in the discussions. It's a slow moving thread, so between the GC site meetings/notices/calendars and this thread I personally find it easy to keep up with. Yes, I'm retired and a nerd, but the time sink is maybe 10 minutes a day, and then a dedicated 30 minutes on one of the weekend days to review the next week's bills.

Not trying to jump on you.

Like I said, that's just a retired nerd's opinion, and we all know opinions are like...

No special powers for the F&G Officers (bold mine)...

Under House Bill 498, the currently allowed warrantless searches by Fish and Game officers would be banned. For years, these officers have been allowed to unconstitutionally search people based solely on “reasonable suspicion,” but this bill would increase that to “probable cause” and also require these officers to first obtain a warrant.

Some great trolling by the House Executive Departments and Administration Committee on HB180.

HB180 is the rename Columbus day tripe.

Welp the evenly split committee voted OTPA 13-7 on the bill with the committee amendment. The committee amendment was sponsored by an R and a D.

What was the amendment you ask: Instead of Indigenous Peoples Day, change Columbus Day to Italian Heritage Day. [rofl]

Killed today via voice vote in the House.

Clear bipartisan message--stop f***ing changing shit that doesn't need to be changed.

Last edited:
FWIW, HB498 is 'only mostly dead' and as we know from the Princess Bride, 'mostly dead' is slightly alive.

One of the new members voted incorrectly by accident and we will take up a reconsideration motion at the next session. There is still time to pass this, but we need everyone on board with this effort and willing to make calls and get their friends involved.
RC vote here: Current Legislation Search

Princess bride mostly dead.gif

FWIW, HB498 is 'only mostly dead' and as we know from the Princess Bride, 'mostly dead' is slightly alive.

One of the new members voted incorrectly by accident and we will take up a reconsideration motion at the next session. There is still time to pass this, but we need everyone on board with this effort and willing to make calls and get their friends involved.
RC vote here: Current Legislation Search

View attachment 725239

the R yeas, and 'unexcused others' are the problem.

Capture.JPG
64 Rs who can't spell 4th Amendment. Some disappointing names in that drop down.

Can't read the Constitution a**h***s.jpg

Not excused--f*** off resign your seat.

shammers.jpg

Look up the roll call vote and find out who voted wrong. Call them. If you don't know who to call, call the members of the CJ&PS committee.

Back
Top Bottom