21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

I would add to that list, “What was this kid’s gun training?” As any trained weapons expert can attest to, it would take a tremendous amount of skill to KILL 15+ people in a short period of time. Many people survive gunshots… unless lethal areas are hit. Pretty “talented” 18- year old to be able to inflict 15+ lethal wounds in a row.
Call of duty

it was not a team - probably a parent from that celebration as that school had a lot of bortec families kids.
no details yet on whoever was that and how he got there. all that said so far was a slippage of the bortec dude solely engaging that perp, and emerging back to the police injured.
I have no real info, but I'd imagine those guys are playing down there quite a bit. Uvalde is one of those places getting hit hard by the caravans. The Bortacers are there to snag the dope no one is looking for since the regular agents are stuck in the office grinding paperwork.

Edit: There are essentially two teams, SOG and 'regular' Bortac. Without knowing which team, either one of us could be correct. It wouldn't surprise me if a Patrol kid died in this mess. That would be like a niece or nephew to me. I don't know, which I guess helps a little. I can live in denial.

It doesn’t matter if they are uniformed or not in a school… a cops job there during an active shooter is to be a REALLY violent aggressive Rodeo Clown. Get their attention, maintain it, and put them down with extreme prejudice

i wish more americans had such an understanding of violence

i wish more americans had such an understanding of violence
for a cop at the school who got it as a lucrative pre-retirement gig - to be a rodeo clown and then to go down fighting? over what?
looking at the detail at my oldest` school - you`ve got to be kidding me.

sorry for the sarcasm. it is a sad story on too many levels, but cops at schools will do a parkland thing in 80% of cases every time every day - the job is to call a swat and then step aside taking a tactical defence position in a ditch. there is no good solution there. like turning schools into a jail with metal detectors and gated entrance with security team at each door.

The 'answer' is not to armor up the schools to make them even more like prisons than they are now. The chance of being injured or killed in a school shooting are less than that of being struck by lightning. Media should not be making this kind of event 24x7 coverage, or any terrorist attack for that matter. It just gives mentally ill impressionable people a reward for trying a copycat act. The Newtown killer wanted to get famous in the media, and he knew he would make a splash.

When I was in HS, the place was not like a super max prison. You could walk in and walk out without a metal detector, without armed teachers. Schools should be
open buildings where kids go about their business. The idea that its a 'soft target' is just crap. Just don't give these lunatics so much press coverage, it will stop them more than any idiotic locking down or arming up our schools.
Yep, there has long been an 'agreement' with general media to not sensationalize suicide since, as this article (one of many easily found) states - "Suicide Contagion is Real" -

It's pretty clear that the constant drumbeat of reporting these shooting tragedies only serves to 1) create copycats and 2) drive the political process into a frenzy.

Hard to believe that it's not intentional.

School shooters aren't looking for return fire. The majority of school shootings take place in known gun free zones with no police. The only exception i can think of is parkland and in that case the officer fled/hid and did not engage.
Yup. I’ve been reading that this kid was also super angry he was not graduating this year. Doesn’t even go to a high school, probably because it had a resource officer. He went straight for the soft target.

for a cop at the school who got it as a lucrative pre-retirement gig - to be a rodeo clown and then to go down fighting? over what?
looking at the detail at my oldest` school - you`ve got to be kidding me.

sorry for the sarcasm. it is a sad story on too many levels, but cops at schools will do a parkland thing in 80% of cases every time every day - the job is to call a swat and then step aside taking a tactical defence position in a ditch.

I've posted about this before, but it's extremely difficult to find just the right person to be an SRO. And you do need just the right person to do the job right. A good SRO is worth far more than their weight in gold.

I've been teaching nearly 20 years, always with SROs, maybe four or five of them total? Only one of those was excellent, but she was really excellent. Of the rest, I did get the feeling they'd be willing to go engage a shooter, at least, though their job performance the other 99.99999999% of the time wasn't always what the school needed.

I've posted about this before, but it's extremely difficult to find just the right person to be an SRO. And you do need just the right person to do the job right. A good SRO is worth far more than their weight in gold.

I've been teaching nearly 20 years, always with SROs, maybe four or five of them total? Only one of those was excellent, but she was really excellent. Of the rest, I did get the feeling they'd be willing to go engage a shooter, at least, though their job performance the other 99.99999999% of the time wasn't always what the school needed.
The people who work as resource officers have to be out in the open hard core "f*** around and find out" types. We need SROs who are there for one reason, and that's the people and kids in that building. When we get pieces of shit like the Parkland SRO, everything is out the window and the anti's use it to discredit an otherwise useful and successful program.

The 'answer' is not to armor up the schools to make them even more like prisons than they are now. The chance of being injured or killed in a school shooting are less than that of being struck by lightning. Media should not be making this kind of event 24x7 coverage, or any terrorist attack for that matter. It just gives mentally ill impressionable people a reward for trying a copycat act. The Newtown killer wanted to get famous in the media, and he knew he would make a splash.

When I was in HS, the place was not like a super max prison. You could walk in and walk out without a metal detector, without armed teachers. Schools should be
open buildings where kids go about their business. The idea that its a 'soft target' is just crap. Just don't give these lunatics so much press coverage, it will stop them more than any idiotic locking down or arming up our schools.
Another thing from my younger school days was that almost every one I knew had guns in the house, not locked up and usually hanging on the wall or tucked behind a door, you could argue kids had more access to guns back then and things like this never happened that I can remember. Incidentally My younger days were mid 70s to mid 80s.

Last edited:
All the victims were in one room in Texas.

Back in 2018 I posted this regarding classroom security
I suggested this years ago.

A heavy duty sliding dead bolt on the inside of every classroom door would be more useful and functional.

For the total costs involved for a bucket of useless shit, they could have put a heavy duty 3/4 inch dead bolt on the inside of every door in every school in the city.

The idiots who thought up, supported and implemented this insanity will not have a bit of remorse, guilt or culpability when their idea is proven to be an abject failure.

Common sense is the least common thing when there is an over riding agenda.

Not really.

Doors get propped all the time, usually by sports teams and coaches who want to use the entrance near the locker room but don't have keycards. This happens at all hours of the day.

In addition, this was the last week of school and an awards/promotion ceremony was going on that day. It's common to prop doors open in case parents want to attend things like that, and it's VERY common if teachers are moving stuff out of their classrooms for the summer.

My question would be whether the shooter would have known that before going over there. All of this stuff will come out eventually.

I was referring to vulnerability after implementing the safety measures I suggested, not what happened yesterday or schools in general.

New report said shooter and another kid used to ride around with BB gun shooting people and cars. Don't know if true but earlier report said he never returned to school after Covid shutdowns.

My position is that an SRO should have ZERO responsibility other than personnel protection
No looking for drugs
No looking for kids with warrants
No interaction other than talking about the weather

And should have a long gun on their shoulder - any pushback is silly because the armed SRO will quickly fade into the background once the newness wears off.
As @weekendracer said, non-threatening gets a warning to drop before violently dropping and everything else just sees the flash.
I would support leaving the body uncovered at the landfill to rot

When we get pieces of shit like the Parkland SRO
it is a lot to ask from any human - to engage a runaway train maniac committing a suicide by police - armed with an AR and a full mag, when you only have a personal sidearm with one spare mag and no tactical gear on you.
especially if you are 50+ yr old, have a family to feed and other million reasons to hate the job you`re doing.

The Epoch Times is reporting he worked at a Wendy's.

A manager at a local Wendy’s in Uvalde confirmed Ramos had worked at the establishment but “kept to himself mostly.”
Hmm, I guess that would explain where he got money. Report earlier on Fox said he was unemployed and lived with Grandma. He shot her in face and fled but she was able to dial 911. No Police pursuit, crashed truck near school and walked in thru unsecured door.

Then they can quit. We don't need cowards in positions that need hard dicks.
you still talk about the real world with real police departments or some theoretical country in the land of the pure imagination? :)
my daughter middle school is lucky as they have there a gal SRO in mid-30s, and she is pure business. high school is shit.

HR127 has a much better chance to pass now, I think because we 'need to do something' and this is ready to go..

The final line of it:
Finally, it generally prohibits and penalizes (1) the possession of ammunition that is 0.50 caliber or greater, and (2) the possession of a large capacity ammunition feed device.

you still talk about the real world with real police departments or some theoretical country in the land of the pure imagination? :)
I'll tell you what. I'm not going to play this retard back and forth game with you. You do it all the time and to be honest I'm out of patience talking with specifically you about all sorts of subjects.

I get the impression that most of these SROs are there simply for the deterrent and/or security theater effects. When you get up into the high school level it ends up being more of a rapid response function for stuff like drugs, fights, etc.

HR127 has a much better chance to pass now, I think because we 'need to do something' and this is ready to go..

The final line of it:
Finally, it generally prohibits and penalizes (1) the possession of ammunition that is 0.50 caliber or greater, and (2) the possession of a large capacity ammunition feed device.
Not the way its written, god at least I hope not

I'll tell you what. I'm not going to play this retard back and forth game with you. You do it all the time and to be honest I'm out of patience talking with specifically you about all sorts of subjects.
like i give a shit? if you have nothing to say- say nothing at all. galloping on a white horse making statements that are irrelevant to an objective reality as it is - little point in that. out of patience he is, look at that.

I think the feds will go after something a little different, like insuraance companies and making an insurance policy required on all guns, or extra home owners insurance, banks will stop letting their credit cards be used, it won't be directly a 'gun law'. Scumbags will scumbag.

Insurance doesn't cover criminal acts so requiring insurance in any form would be pointless.

Some banks have already stopped allowing firearms related transactions flow through their system.

Back
Top Bottom