• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

The founding fathers intended well-trained civilian militia to be able to use firearms that could fire one wildly inaccurate round per minute in order to defend the country from foreign invasion, because that was the available tech at the time... I doubt they intended a single teenager to be able to mow down an entire classroom of children with a weapon that can fire several rounds per second.

View: https://youtu.be/X6WHBO_Qc-Q

The founding fathers intended well-trained civilian militia to be able to use firearms that could fire one wildly inaccurate round per minute in order to defend the country from foreign invasion, because that was the available tech at the time... I doubt they intended a single teenager to be able to mow down an entire classroom of children with a weapon that can fire several rounds per second.
Henry Ford didn't "intend" for people to get "mowed" down with a vehicle either. Yet here we are blaming an inanimate object for the evil actions of a deranged individual.

“He said his teachers, Irma Garcia and Eva Mireles, saved their lives.
“They were nice teachers," he said. "They went in front of my classmates to help. To save them.”

Two teachers used their bodies as human shield to take hits while their kids ran to hide. This is a rare case where the kids were not, in turn, killer by a mass shooter. The two teachers will be hailed as heros.

Willingness to sacrifice makes heros, not senseless sacrifice to no end. Plenty of teachers are willing to arm themselves rather than serve as human shields.
I'd rather those two have had the option to not die as heroes. You'd think in that moment, having a gun would have been a good thing.

According to one of the survivors in the Uvalde shooting, before police breeched the door they told students inside if they needed help to yell, which one girl did and the result was the shooter shot her.

Well, apparently it was right after that execution that police breeched the door and shot the bastard.

So, it appears that in order to save their own skin, the Border patrol that went in sacrificed a child.

Real heroes my ass...

I can't defend that if it happened, but they still went through the doorway and took rounds.

Why can’t we as a nation focus on societal problems, mental health and the actual weapon used to kill? Why are you folks so hell bent on pardoning guns?

Yep they couldn't imagine anything else. These DU trolls are all the same, they pretend to know what "well-regulated" means but gloss right over the word "arms" and what that means.

Why can’t we as a nation focus on societal problems, mental health and the actual weapon used to kill? Why are you folks so hell bent on pardoning guns?

Because guns save more lives than they take. By literally millions.

I'm on board with menta health and reopening asylum.

In case your dumbass self thinks the puckle gun was the only one:

I can't defend that if it happened, but they still went through the doorway and took rounds.
Yes, they did, and I am supposed to believe it was calculated to have the effect it did? Simplest explanation: they wanted to know whether anyone was still alive, and in the heat of the moment they didn't think it through.

I read that, but it was not clear which police it was, the local and school cops that had been sitting outside the room for 10s of minutes listening to perp murder children, or the BP who actually went in. The timeline also wasn't very clear in the interview.

Because they aren't focusing on taking away "the actual weapon used to kill". They want mine and everyone else's. Would you condone them seizing your vehicle because of someone else driving while drunk and causing a fatality?

Yep they couldn't imagine anything else. These DU trolls are all the same, they pretend to know what "well-regulated" means but gloss right over the word "arms" and what that means.
Correct - they also believe themselves to be the only clear thinkers on divining what the founding fathers intended, but miss the the single biggest thread throughout the Constitution; limiting the government, not the people.

Correct - they also believe themselves to be the only clear thinkers on divining what the founding fathers intended, but miss the the single biggest thread throughout the Constitution; limiting the government, not the people.

Honestly, it's even more disingenuous than that. There is a huge body of evidence that the founding fathers intended the 2nd amendment to be an individual right. Including the fact that Madison re-wrote it to try and prevent misinterpretation on that very issue.

The antis simply don't care.

Honestly, it's even more disingenuous than that. There is a huge body of evidence that the founding fathers intended the 2nd amendment to be an individual right. Including the fact that Madison re-wrote it to try and prevent misinterpretation on that very issue.

The antis simply don't care.
We don’t care because there are actual children being gunned down by these firearms

Not for nothing, but every time mental health spending is up for debate, the GOP votes against it. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the gov't spending any of our tax money, but I'd rather we use it to help our own people than sending foreign aid all over the f***ing globe.

Abbott blames the shooting (appropriately) on mental health, but TX cut $211mm from the dept that overseas mental health. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Not that the Donks are any better. They don't give a shit about mental health either, it's way easier to blame guns.

Not for nothing, but every time mental health spending is up for debate, the GOP votes against it. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the gov't spending any of our tax money, but I'd rather we use it to help our own people than sending foreign aid all over the f***ing globe.

Abbott blames the shooting (appropriately) on mental health, but TX cut $211mm from the dept that overseas mental health. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Not that the Donks are any better. They don't give a shit about mental health either, it's way easier to blame guns.

I hate to say it, but you're right. I'd rather spend $40B on mental health services here than dump it on f***ing Ukraine.

Because guns are not sentient beings. Guns do nothing on their own. None of my guns or the guns of anyone I know have grown little gun legs and gone out on a massacre.

Because guns are not sentient beings. Guns do nothing on their own. None of my guns or the guns of anyone I know have grown little gun legs and gone out on a massacre.
The thing that shot out those little metal things that tore through the organs and ended the lives of those kids and teachers....that's the thing that ultimately killed them. That was the tool that was used. Both the person AND THE GUNS are responsible.

The thing that shot out those little metal things that tore through the organs and ended the lives of those kids and teachers....that's the thing that ultimately killed them. That was the tool that was used. Both the person AND THE GUNS are responsible.
Yeah, I see your point now. What prison is the truck from Nice serving time in? If it wasn't for that damned truck, mohammad probably wouldn't have killed anyone that day.

Back
Top Bottom