.223 brass?

How is Bronze PMC to reload? Someone told me the brass is thin and won't work well. Has anyone used this and what brand works the best? I may start loading .223 on the dillon instead of a single stage.

works fine (buddy of mine uses a LOT of it)

check the primer pockets. a LOT of PMC brass has crimped primer pockets.

as long as you've got a good grasp of reloading procedures and spot checking, loading on a 550 should be fine, i mean....it's basically 4 single-stage presses with 1 pull of the handle. as long as each respective die/station is set up properly, theres no reason why you cant produce quality ammunition with it.

I reload .223 on my 550 and it does an excellent job. I have an extra head that I use to just decap and size.
Then after I tumble clean/inspect, I prime/charge/seat on the 550 without the decap and size die in that setup.

I reload .223 on my 550 and it does an excellent job. I have an extra head that I use to just decap and size.
Then after I tumble clean/inspect, I prime/charge/seat on the 550 without the decap and size die in that setup.

+1 to this process.

I use a similar 2 tool head setup, but I add a Lee decapping die to the second tool head as well to knock out any media.

How is Bronze PMC to reload? Someone told me the brass is thin and won't work well. Has anyone used this and what brand works the best? I may start loading .223 on the dillon instead of a single stage.

I've loaded about 6000 rounds and am up to my 4th reloading and the brass seems to be holding up just fine. No problems for me. I've used a Hornady progressive and have been getting excellent results. None of the stuff I've seen had any crimped primers whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom