.22LR Handguns

Ruger mk ii if you want an auto. Another sa option is the ruger bearcat, nice small and ligjt but still fits well. When I was younger I didn't have much patience for loading sa revolvers but in my old age and with the price of ammo it has grown on me. Meditative break, instead of busting your thumb stuffing mags. All fun.

I've seen a few of those H&R top breaks and was always skeptical, but mostly because I haven't heard much about them one way or the other. In the condition shown, what is the price range? $200? How smooth are they? I'm not looking for the feel of a worked over S&W, but I obviously don't want a hunk of crap either.

H&R 999.......They are very good guns

I have my dad's OG Ruger MK from the like the 70s and it still shoots as well as it did when it was new... It went through like 3000 rounds without ever being cleaned and it never failed. I want to pickup an SR22 to go with my SR9 but you can't go wrong with the MK series.

I bought a SS Ruger MkII with a 5" bull barrel used from Riley's 15 years ago and have since fed it thousands of rounds. I'm still amazed at how accurate it is. It is a bit tricky to field strip but once you see where the hangups are is it's no big deal. I recently picked up the S&W M&P-22 and love that too. Not nearly as accurate but a fun little shooter I got for semi-auto training drills. I feel the S&W is the best of the bunch unless you have tiny hands then the SR-22 would fit nicely.

Ruger MK II,22/45 MK II or S&W 617. I have all three and are very accurate. If you want a 1911 in 22 lr you'll have to buy a conversion kit and use it on your current 1911.

I have seen the sig 1911-22's for sale at a couple of shops in the past month.....They were brand new so I would guess mass legal?

I found a s&w 617 on the cheap.....havent looked back. It's nice to feel a real gun in your hands even if it's only a ,22

I'm personally a big fan of conversion kits, assuming that you get a good quality unit. I just like being able to get more time on the same gun just by swapping the upper, plus it usually ends up as a "beefier" feeling gun. I have a Kadet kit for my CZ now, and when I end up getting a 1911 I know a 22 conversion won't be far behind.

Back
Top Bottom