24 MRE for $40 shipped - Good Deal ?

CaseHardened

Banned
63234b3d2bb9f2c7354909d8dfcd3004.jpg

https://www.slickguns.com/product/u...&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter-216

It depends on the production date. The link says they are new, non issued but not sure I'd trust that. They could be "new" but have been in a hot warehouse for 5 years. If you ask and they tell you the production date, you can make your choice from there. If they say they don't know, pass.

Good price. Bear in mind it's just the entrée. Not a full mre. While it's the same food you find in the military MREs. These are made to be commercially sold. In other words they haven't sat outside in Iraq for 3 years

Last edited:
If you're hungry they're priceless.

If you're hungry, have no berries to forage or leather shoes to boil down, and/or don't mind being plugged for a week, then yes. ;)

This is all tongue-in-cheek of course. MRE's pack a lot of calories into not-lot-of-space. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head packing denser calories is peanut butter at ~8000 calories a pound.

That and lard.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with MRE. Did anybody order them and was it a good deal? Am I to assume you wouldn't need water to rehydrate these? The cost per serving seems very reasonable. Are they spicy, or bland? would a picky eater eat this food? Thanx for any insight

I'm not familiar with MRE. Did anybody order them and was it a good deal? Am I to assume you wouldn't need water to rehydrate these? The cost per serving seems very reasonable. Are they spicy, or bland? would a picky eater eat this food? Thanx for any insight
MRE means meal READY to eat, so you don't rehydrate anything. You may want to heat them though. I have ordered and ate them long ago (not these in the OP specifically). For the most part, they taste pretty good. And, very salty.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

MRE means meal READY to eat, so you don't rehydrate anything. You may want to heat them though. I have ordered and ate them long ago (not these in the OP specifically). For the most part, they taste pretty good. And, very salty.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I'm still on the fence.

Only because the Vendor treats Mass Gun Owners like shit. No Ammo, etc.

I suppose I should get over it.....

I'm still on the fence.

Only because the Vendor treats Mass Gun Owners like shit. No Ammo, etc.

I suppose I should get over it.....

Can you live with 2 demerits from the NES Boycott Czars? [laugh]

Be sure to give a 'range report'. Loading only, no off-loading commentary necessary...

I started adding MREs to my pantry recently after reading some post apocalyptic fiction (Going home series). I liked the fact that there are many parts to a meal that you can eat when you want while hiking. They're pre cooked and don't require water. Think of entrées like canned food but much better tasting. The pesto chicken and beef brisket are great. I've recently bought a bunch of those entrées as my kids love them. There are review videos on YouTube of every kind of MRe out there. If you buy cases of military MREs on eBay note that the "Inspection date" is three years after the month of production. The stated shelf life is 5 years but they last much much longer if stored properly

Last edited:
most guys rather go hungry after a few days in the field after nothing but 2 mre's a day

Can you live with 2 demerits from the NES Boycott Czars? [laugh]

Be sure to give a 'range report'. Loading only, no off-loading commentary necessary...

If they boycott us ....

Honestly, doesn't it P U off when you fill a cart with a couple of hundred bucks, and then they refuse to sell to you because of threat and innuendo ?

most guys rather go hungry after a few days in the field after nothing but 2 mre's a day

Not necessarily.

For those of us who had to eat the early MRE of Gulf War vintage, the newer ones actually tasted fine. It's all about perspective.

It's been about fifteen years since my last MRE; I'm sure they're even better now. I never minded them, even when I had to live on them for a couple weeks at a time.

Back
Top Bottom