.38 for MKIV Webley

I have an old Webley MKIV but only have 1 old looking bullet for it. Anyone know where I can pick up some .38 that will work in this. On the frame of the gun it says .38 145/200. The bottom of the bullet say .38 Colt.

It takes .38 S&W. Should be able to get it most places. You have to search around for the 'proper' 200 grain stuff that they were meant to use, but the standard 145 grain will work fine.

zuka elite: Most of the British revolvers chambered for this round have bore diameters out to .364. Most are around .360. The U.S. made .38 S&W will shoot safely but don't expect great accuracy as the .357-.358 lead bullet tends to skid down the bore. Some don't do this, but most do. I own a 5.5" Colt SAA chambered in .38 Webley and marketed for the Brits. How it came back here I couldn't tell you. It's the only only one I've seen but I know Colt made several runs of them before WW2. My Colt's bore is .362 and the best load I have found for it is a swaged lead hollow-based wadcutter seated to half its length over 2.5 grs of Bullseye. Shoots into 3" at 25 yards and about 4" low. Windage good. No other .358ish bullet works very well because they're undersized. The hollow base does expand in the barrel and grip the grooves. Good luck with the Webley, they're a fun gun to mess around with.

Back
Top Bottom