.45 1911 in MA

dukefan70

NES Member
Ok so I'm 21 in a few months and doing some research on a .45 1911. Hm Springfield Armory seems like a good price for a first handgun...oh wait the Communist Commonwealth doesn't allow Springers. So I start to find out what 1911s are allowed. I hear mixed reviews on Par-Ords. I read one very good review on an Auto-Ord. S&W may make a quality 1911, but they are just way outside my price range. Comments/suggestions/advice please.

Save your money until you an afford a S&W. You might be able to safe a few bucks by buying a used one. Four Seasons has a couple used ones for sale: http://fsguns.com/used/

And for your first gun, you might want to look for something in a smaller caliber -- less recoil and the ammo is cheaper. If your budget is limited, then .22lr would be a good idea. .22lr ammo is much, much cheaper. If you can't afford to buy a S&W 1911, then you won't be able to afford ammo to shoot it.

You can get just about any 1911 you want but most of them will have to be used. If you are determined you can find a nice Colt or a SA for decent money. With that said, if you want a quality 1911 and you want it new, you should probably look at S&W. Para Ord has been getting a lot of bad rap lately. It is a crap shoot whether you get a good gun or one with a list of problems. I own one and have had major problems with it right out of the box. S&W has had some quality control issues but at at least they offer great customer service and are local.

Ok bear with me...what does SA stand for? Also, this is not for me but does anybody have any idea where a pre 2004 Kimber 1911 that complies with the laws might be found?

thanks ultimate...prob. shoulda been able to figure that out but oh well. and M1911, yeah i wouldn't guess they are for sale haha...that seems to be the pattern.

Back
Top Bottom