• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

45 ACP in 450 BM

I finally found brass and now want to load a few test rounds. I have plenty of different 45 bullets and it seems they should be very close. But want to hear from those who know better than I.

I haven't done it but depending on what you would be using it for it probably wouldn't yield good results. The velocities for the BM are much higher, how would the bullet hold up? I've read that 44 magnum bullets don't hold up well in the 444 Marlin. You can use 357 mag bullets in the 35 Remington but I haven't tried that either but I have read the results are iffy at best.

I will tell you my 450BM really likes the Hornandy 250gr FTX's (factory ammo) I haven't handloaded this bullet yet.

From what I could find 450 Bushmaster uses a .452" diameter projectile. Xtreme Bullets has 45 caliber projectiles that are .452". So I would just check to see what the actual OD is for the projectiles you have on hand is. I would also check for load data before attempting, with the projectile weight/profile.

From what I could find 450 Bushmaster uses a .452" diameter projectile. Xtreme Bullets has 45 caliber projectiles that are .452". So I would just check to see what the actual OD is for the projectiles you have on hand is. I would also check for load data before attempting, with the projectile weight/profile.
He wants to use 45ACP bullets which are probably .451" but it would probably work, just not with great results. You can load .357 magnum bullets in the
35 Remington which uses .358 bullets and depending on the rifle you may get good or shitty results.

I will be loading a few different loads in the next week or so and let you guys know what worked, what didn't. I'm surprised there have not been more bullets offered for this cartridge.

Back
Top Bottom