5/44 Winchester Garand; Danish Return With Matched Stock

Surprise free gift in the mail today. The Danish sling I got from LTC was literally from the bottom of the barrel, the last one. They recently got in a new shipment and sent me a first class one for free! Nice people up there in Maine. So I have a spare Danish sling if anyone has a Garand that needs to be 'Daned'.

I have a new WRA op-rod on the way from CMP forums. The other one went out in today's mail.

T

Attachments

• DSCN6172.jpg
    DSCN6172.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
That's cool. Nice to know there are still some folks out there who believe in good customer service.

The new op-rod came today. Popped it in and headed to the range. 56F. Overcast, light breeze. I knew it was good when it slipped correctly into the groove. Shot 40 rounds of 71/76/78 HXP. Started left and worked my way in. First to last shot was the 12:00 when I tried 1 more click of elevation. I think most are a snitch low as I had trouble seeing the target and had a little daylight under the black to help. Op-rod performed perfectly, absolutely no issues. If I want a little daylight to help me see, I may have to add that click back.

I took 2 pictures in case they fippped. I have no computer at the moment; I bought a new MacBook and am having the data transferred.

T

Attachments

• IMG_1720.jpg
    IMG_1720.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 19
I tried a practice run. 52F, mostly sunny, quite windy. Two enblocs standing, seated, and prone. Mix 65/66/71/76/78 HXP. Prone was tough. I used two mats; one to lay on and one rolled under my chest so I didn't have to bend my neck at such an acute angle. Hasty sling. Looks like a lot were left

T

You know, I really miss my computer and hate this phone. It flips the normal picture, but when I flip the picture, it leaves it flipped.

I should add that there were no issues at all with the Winchester. Left target was standing, then sitting, and then prone.

Attachments

• IMG_1733.jpg
    IMG_1733.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
try using the sling as intended hasty sling is just that hasty.... no sling off hand.

practice dry fire at home... put up a 3/8-1/2" dot 10-15' away on the wall and practice off hand dry fire. shots going left are generally poor natural point of aim or trigger control...or toss on a little right windage.

Last edited:
And the finale - a refurbished Utica Cutlery M1 bayonet from CMP. By far the most cosmoline covered anything I have ever handled. It looked like they pushed them into a tub of the stuff without the handles and then put the handles on and dunked it again.

The blade is unsharpened. In fact the blade is so dull...

...how dull was it?...

...the blade was so dull I couldn't even get it to stick into the wood pile. I had to lean it against the Garand!

T

Attachments

• DSCN6210.jpg
    DSCN6210.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN6209.jpg
    DSCN6209.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN6208.jpg
    DSCN6208.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 8
And the finale - a refurbished Utica Cutlery M1 bayonet from CMP. By far the most cosmoline covered anything I have ever handled. It looked like they pushed them into a tub of the stuff without the handles and then put the handles on and dunked it again.

The blade is unsharpened. In fact the blade is so dull...

...how dull was it?...

...the blade was so dull I couldn't even get it to stick into the wood pile. I had to lean it against the Garand!

T

designed to be dull.... more blunt force damage that way.... Attach the bayo to the m1 and do a bayo lunge into some wood...

Back
Top Bottom