• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

50% off ammo sale

Mea Culpa!

My sincere apologies for the error. When I was there on Saturday, I read the sign upside down sitting on the counter and could have sworn that it said 50% off! I missed the most important caveats.

I didn't find my error until we went to cash out and the bill was a lot higher than I thought it would be. I then went back to the Lodge and checked the sign more carefully. They were right and I had screwed up. Still the price on .45 ammo at $12.99 + 6.50 = $19.49/100 wasn't bad.

It was nice meeting "BigBear" (an employee there).

I do know that Dick's frequently runs buy 1 get 50% off the 2nd one sales on ammo, so this deal was still good but will come back occasionally.

They were running low on pistol ammo and the store manager said they aren't sure that they will get any more this week.

One idiotic incident: The cashier had to call over a front-end supervisor to ring the ammo (multiples I guess with discount). The cashier didn't say anything but this supervisor said something to the effect of "don't shoot any of that stuff in here"! Real idiot or needs some remedial training on legal gun owners . . . time to get his head out of his ass.

Don't know about any $10 discount coupons, didn't see anything when I walked in. Remington has a $10 Dick's Gift Card mail-in rebate deal with purchases of >$75, so you can do that with the ammo you bought. Restriction is 1 per person, so we can get 2 of the gift cards from what I see on the form (at the Lodge).

OMFG! All you guys were right near me! I live about 5 minutes from that store!!!

I went down to Dick's today. Wow. Cool place! I can't believe they opened one near me. I went in there and I was like "do the leftists know you're selling ammo and guns here?" LOL

Apparently some moms were the only flak they got for being there and the moms chilled when they were told that the store doesn't sell hand guns. Dumbass leftist dingbats.

Anyway, I'm psyched this store is open! I bought a new gun safe, some flannel shirts, a bunch of ammo, some hats and what not. Great store!

Some times I just have to laugh!

Went to Dicks in Brockton and much to my suprise the ammo deal is good at all stores through Saturday.

The funny part ......... I bought 2 cases of shotgun shells and the counter guy tells me that it is store policy that he carry them to the register for me. This poor kid was ready to drop after the five minute wait due to customers ahead of us. [rofl] I offered to hold one of the cases, but apparently he has been informed by management that the customer can't be trusted with the ammo until they are south of the cash register. [frown]

I feel so special. [thinking]

Ammo sale

Last Sunday's newspaper (name to be unmentioned) had the Dick's flyer listing all Remington ammo at 50 percent off the SECOND box which amounts to 25 percent off the total. Bought a case of .45 acp for $100-ish at the Danvers store.

From what I can see, most products in the store seem to be expensive, but the quality may be commensurate.

They also had a really nice two rifle gun case, originally priced around $150 on sale for $120 and half off that! Shudda bought one.

One idiotic incident: The cashier had to call over a front-end supervisor to ring the ammo (multiples I guess with discount). The cashier didn't say anything but this supervisor said something to the effect of "don't shoot any of that stuff in here"! Real idiot or needs some remedial training on legal gun owners . . . time to get his head out of his ass.

I stopped by Dick's again tonight to pick up some 357Mag ammo and chatted with the store manager about the above. He said he'd look into it. I suspect his accent is from the South, so I think he knew where I was coming from!

The funny part ......... I bought 2 cases of shotgun shells and the counter guy tells me that it is store policy that he carry them to the register for me. This poor kid was ready to drop after the five minute wait due to customers ahead of us. I offered to hold one of the cases, but apparently he has been informed by management that the customer can't be trusted with the ammo until they are south of the cash register.

I asked the manager about this and he told me that "local laws" or mandates by the issuing authority (Brockton chief) may dictate this policy for that store. He told me that in Dedham if you buy a gun, they will hold it until after you're thru the register, but NOT for ammo.

As for comparative costs in ammo, the .357Mag sells for ~$34/100 at Wal-Mart and $16.99/50 at Dick's . . . so the price is essentially identical. .45ACP was $22.xx/100 at Wal-Mart and $12.99/50 at Dick's (cheaper at Wal-Mart).

Last edited:
Greg,

Sorry that I wasn't clearer. I asked the manager (Rich) of the Dedham Dick's about the ammo BS that was reported here wrt the Brockton store.

I've never set foot in the Brockton Dick's and almost never go to Brockton to do any shopping if I can help it. I can believe that the chief in Brockton may have "added" some restrictions to their license to sell ammo/guns.

Back
Top Bottom