7.62x54R in North Central MA?

Hey guys,

I FINALLY got my Mosin, and I'm dying to make some noise with it, but I've got no ammo!!!

Any suggestions in N Central MA that I could pick up today? I suppose I could try Walmart for a small box...

Any thoughts? I know where I can get some spam cans next week if I need to wait.

TIA,
Matt

Blue Northern might have some. Occasionally they have some cheaper surplus too.

Not sure I've ever seen any at Walmart, but I've never really looked either.

Collectors has always had a variety when I've been by there, but it's a bit far to drive.

If nothing else I'm pretty sure I've got a box, or at least a couple of rounds, I can give you to test her out.

I'm at the intersection of Rt 2 and Rt 91. If you want I'd be happy to give/loan or sell you a box of 20 rounds if it's convenient for you seeing as how you are, afterall, green. PM me and I'll give you the details.

RD

Thanks guys!

Kevin, I may take you up on that. Are you going to the range tomorrow?

RD, thanks for the offer. Kevin is very close to me (few miles), so I'll see if I can't get some from him.

Thanks,
Matt

You shouldn't be too far from Riley's in NH if you're in North Central Mass. I'm guessing they must have some cans in stock, and I think Zero Hour in Easton might have some too.

You shouldn't be too far from Riley's in NH if you're in North Central Mass.

Depends on what his definition of far is..... from Fitchburg it's about an hour and 10-20 minutes each way. Nice drive, though, and worth the trip.

-Mike

Thanks guys!

Kevin, I may take you up on that. Are you going to the range tomorrow?
I probably was not, but other than a quick run to Belletites in the morning I plan to be home until at least 3:00, maybe later. I'll confirm what I have and let you know if there's a problem.

I was at Wayne's weapons about 2 weeks ago and he had about half a spam can of eastern block stuff.. You may want to call him

I probably was not, but other than a quick run to Belletites in the morning I plan to be home until at least 3:00, maybe later. I'll confirm what I have and let you know if there's a problem.

That'd be great if I could buy 20-40 rounds off you (gotta work my shoulder up to this!). I'll check for PM's after church in the morning. Thanks.

Thanks Kevin!! +1 for you!

Didn't get to stay long, but I got to make some noise!! I wonder if anyone has shot Appleseed with a Mosin?

Thanks Kevin!! +1 for you!

Didn't get to stay long, but I got to make some noise!! I wonder if anyone has shot Appleseed with a Mosin?

Yes, and I don't recommend it. Especially with an M44 Flame Thrower (AKA Auto Flinch). I have had a guy with a RomAK 3 that did moderately well.

Now, that being said, if you were to bring a Mosin to an Appleseed that had full distance (like Jericho, VT) and used it for the Full Distance portion, using a .22 for the bulk of the 25 meter portion, that would work much better. If I knew someone was bringing an M38 or M44, I;d bring one of my Mosins and talk them into using it. I have a 91/30 and M24 and M28 Finns. Much easier on the shoulder, eyes and ears.

Back
Top Bottom