• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

80 Percent Glocks (Polymer 80)

This has been beaten to death…It doesn’t need to be sterilized even if you sell it later.

We’re people get pinched is having multiple kits. And an Agent gets them to say “oh yeah I’ll make one for you” And then proceeds to buy more than one from you.

If you sell your brother or a close family friend from the gun you made without a serial number when you had no intention of selling the gun in the first place. That doesn’t constitute a crime.

I also wouldn’t take that as legal advice and I take a nail and scratch the numbers in it and transfer it…or take it to a laser engraver, At the same time I don’t see how that’s any different in Massachusetts then when you fill out your transfer paperwork writing not applicable or “none” in the serial number box.

Now with that raise red flags? Probably if you did enough time but at the same time probably not the system such a pile of crap.

It’s kind of foolish to sell it without a serial number. At least in this political climate. Once you’re selling it what do you care how butchered your serial number looks?

Edit…After thinking This out further…I’d be more worried about carrying a gun without a serial number or using it in self-defense.

Even worse would be caring a gun with a serial number that already looks like it was the defaced the day it was put in with a nail…

I also don’t see how having a receiver serialized professionally is any different than when I had my 40 mm ingraved or a SBR for that matter…But I guess those two were technically firearms before I became the “manufacturer”. At least it’s by trust name and not my personal name. Imagine your personal name turned up on a firearm at a crime scene. At least it wouldn’t take them long to find you

Last edited:
After thinking This out further…I’d be more worried about carrying a gun without a serial number or using it in self-defense.
Same. To me, Polymer80s are range toys. I would never use one for CC or HD (even though they make G26, G43, and I believe P365s now)

Even worse would be caring a gun with a serial number that already looks like it was the defaced
what may not be considered a crime may still create a unnecessary hassle for you if you ever get frisked and the gun they find in your possession is not coming up in the database search cop does against your name. of course it means the situation is not great if you are getting searched - but, still. same in the case if you will even need to use the gun for self defense and cops, again, do not see in their database that your gun`s serial is associated with your name. you may have perfectly fine legal reason for that gun not to be in that database, but, it may create a hassle, that`s all. if you are a legal owner it is safer to have a properly registered weapon you use for an EDC.

an 80% ghost gun as an EDC in current times is just not smart.

what may not be considered a crime may still create a unnecessary hassle for you if you ever get frisked and the gun they find in your possession is not coming up in the database search cop does against your name. of course it means the situation is not great if you are getting searched - but, still. same in the case if you will even need to use the gun for self defense and cops, again, do not see in their database that your gun`s serial is associated with your name. you may have perfectly fine legal reason for that gun not to be in that database, but, it may create a hassle, that`s all. if you are a legal owner it is safer to have a properly registered weapon you use for an EDC.

That's kind of a mass-centric perspective.

CT isn't supposed to have a gun registry, but of course they do. Their transfer forms are four parts and one part goes to the SLFU, who are willing to provide you a list of firearms that they know you have if you ask for it. This isn't anecdotal, I've made the request and have the response. Of course it's outdated, and contains items that I transferred to other parties, but there's sort of a list...

GA doesn't require you to fill out any state paperwork when you purchase a firearm. If you buy it from/through an FFL, you have to fill out the Fed 4473 and if you don't have a weapons permit - you get a NICS check; (if you have a permit, no NICS check). However - you can do private party to private party sales and transfers without any paperwork. Zip, nada, none. Furthermore, the purchaser doesn't have to have a weapons permit. Weapons permits in GA are used to permit open/concealed carry in public and for reciprocity with other states.

Every day of my life is full of unnecessary hassle…They got people so twisted up that they’re scared to break non-laws.

But it goes hand-in-hand with the reinterpretation concept. Re-interpret a bump stock, re-interpret, a brace, reinterprete this ….it’s all just a bunch of bullshit you realize.

I’m not recommending anybody selling an unserialized gun but I don’t even get the turn on of all these 80% guns.Unless you’re trying to skirt some MA selling you a Glock dealer rule. And even There’s other ways to get a Glock….

The one thing I disagree about is carried a ghost gun for self-defense, might actually be a great idea. Total drop gun

Last edited:
That's kind of a mass-centric perspective.
absolutely, free states are free for a reason.
in MA if you have something that database does not provide back to the cop - it will/may lead to some headache, and all of it can be avoided 100%.

to poster above - i do not say it is not a bulshit, it is. but, we live in a BS state and certain things can simply be avoided.

LOL, I actually think the opposite. If it was a SD scenario, your gun is GONE, at least for awhile, if not forever. Let them keep my p80. I'll make (or have made) another. But a premium firearm I drop $$$ on? No, I ain't carrying that. I know that will end up in someone's safe.
If you are getting hassled by the cops, enough to require a frisk, then you got bigger problems.
If they DO look at your firearm, they ain't checking it if you haven't committed a crime, and they ain't even going to LOOK at a SN, most will not even notice it's a p80. The slides on mine still say GLOCK.
COPS do not determine what is or is not legal. In fact, point that out to them. FREQUENTLY, be demanding a lawyer. The Courts do. Your P80, FA10'd, without a SN, is legal. End of story.

Every day of my life is full of unnecessary hassle…They got people so twisted up that they’re scared to break non-laws.

I’m not recommending anybody selling an unserialized gun but I don’t even get the turn on of all these 80% guns.Unless you’re trying to skirt some MA selling you a Glock dealer rule. And even There’s other ways to get a Glock….

The one thing I disagree about is carried a ghost gun for self-defense, might actually be a great idea. Total drop gun
1) Yep, quit being pussies about things that are actually LEGAL
2) I actually prefer the grip, texture and trigger guard of the p80's more than Glock, I've had both. Several different gens of 19, 17, and 26, Sold the Glocks, kept the p80, made a couple more. Made money, lol.
3) Yep, my point and thoughts exactly.

It is, but dude, your new. That makes you sus.
The answers to any questions you may have re: 80% can be found on NES, I just ain't telling you what I did.
That's totally understandable and I expect no one to tell me their business like that. Was more or so looking for a "you can do this or that" type of answer.

I laugh (and cringe) when people spout this as if it was gospel. I have a number of guns, including a couple of carry guns, that will never appear in the database, but that is due to the incompetence of the MSP and the Commonwealth. They let all the old "blue cards" get damaged and those purchases are not in the updated database. That does not preclude me from continuing to use what I have.

Back
Top Bottom