A public thank-you to ConAgra

My wife's cousin is currently serving in Afghanistan with ETT Team Khaos, 27th BCT, NYARNG, Task Force Phoenix VII. We've of course been sending him and his buds regular care packages with various snack foods and personal care items, as well as school supplies and clothing for the Afghani kids.

My wife got the idea of contacting several companies to see if they'd be willing to send anything, and since we know that Slim Jims are a big favorite over there, one of the companies she called was ConAgra. Well, they really stepped up to the plate, offering to send a case of jumbo Slim Jims, and then ended up sending 6 cases. They were the exception, unfortunately, and most companies (who shall remain nameless) declined to help.

So, I thought you all might enjoy this photo of John and some of his fellow soldiers, I believe taken at their base at Bagram Airfield, taking a break from fighting for our freedom to enjoy their Slim Jims.

SlimJim001.jpg

I personally am not a fan SlimJims (just don't like the taste any more), but kudos to ConAgra for stepping up like that! Well done to them!

Thanks for letting us know - any time a company steps up to the plate to show support I think its news/post worthy.

Good job on helping make it happen and God bless.

It's always nice to know who's really on our side. I hope that the people at ConAgra got a copy of that photo.

Ken

That is awesome. Nice to know there are some companies that will support our servicemembers.[grin]

More importantly, I'd like to know who didn't so I won't bother giving them my money....but that's me. I've always like SJ's...think I'll stop on my way home today and pick some up. [smile]

And I just sent them a thank you note...

Last edited:
More importantly, I'd like to know who didn't so I won't bother giving them my money....but that's me. I've always like SJ's...think I'll stop on my way home today and pick some up. [smile]

Oh I agree, and I am sure it would be a mighty long list. [laugh]

More importantly, I'd like to know who didn't so I won't bother giving them my money....

Well, upon reflection, why not. The list of those who declined to send anything included:

Green Mountain Coffee
Mars, Inc. (candy, etc.)
Duracell Batteries (subsidiary of Proctor & Gamble)
Chattem, Inc. (Gold Bond powder)

Back
Top Bottom