accidentally non compliant?

[cerberus];2814148 said:
I haven't wanted to start a new thread, so I am going to kinda hi jack this one a little. What about people who want to compete or shoot in mass (say a NES shoot) with a rifle with all the"evil" features still intact, and a 20 round mags? If it is easier to point me to a thread I am fine with that. I am just looking at what I would need if I wanted to shoot at reading being an out of stater.

I don't think there is much they can do. I go down with all my killy stuff and nobody bats an eye, even though my flash suppressor and bayonet lug obviously makes me a much more dangerous person. I would hope the Mass State Police would have better things to do than set up a sting operation to catch out-of-State competitive shooters with bayonet lugs.

I am not a lawyer, but I can hire one to sue Massachusetts for violating my Constitutional Rights under the Interstate Commerce something or other.

PHP:
Mistake of the law is never a defense. The laws of the Great Bay State are supposed to be written in a clear and concise manner for everyone to understand based on their plain and ordinary language.

I am admitted to practice law in MA and half of the laws still are unclear to me. You really have to go read the cases to figure out their metes and bounds.

Last edited:
Does anyone really worry about this crap?[rolleyes]

After seeing the guy in Milford get arrested last week for having a post ban AR, yes.
He was storing the gun at his parent's house. They get in a fight, she calls cops, cops show up, he shows up, "complies" by showing them his rifle after they asked if he had ay guns, gets arrested.
Crime committed? Violation of calendar. If the gun was pre-ban, no crime. Mags pre-ban, no crime. He had P-mags and a non-ban rifle.
The fact that his gear wasn't dated properly= crime.

[cerberus];2814148 said:
I haven't wanted to start a new thread, so I am going to kinda hi jack this one a little. What about people who want to compete or shoot in mass (say a NES shoot) with a rifle with all the"evil" features still intact, and a 20 round mags? If it is easier to point me to a thread I am fine with that. I am just looking at what I would need if I wanted to shoot at reading being an out of stater.

You would need to pin and weld a muzzle break, and pin the stock, cut off the bayo lug, and the 20 rounders... i would drag them to the meet behind ur car so they look old.
Not sure who would be there to bother you, most people don't give a rats***. But then again, it only takes one FUDD to ruin the fun.

Not sure if this answers ur question.

I'd be willing to bet someone who isn't that well versed in MAGL, HAS violated the law in the past couple weeks. They probably had a lower and was waiting for money to build an upper. The panic starts and they drive up to NH or ME, buy an upper with a flash hider and bayonet lug. Then, while there the sales guy recommends some PMAG 30's as he doesn't know when anymore will come in.

He has no intent or knowledge he broke the law, he bought stuff off the shelf.

He goes to the wrong range at the wrong time and we have a test case.

With the serial #'s on the lower and the upper a problem the gun store could just say you switched and not their problem. As an out of stater you get no special passes on the AWB stuff if you're using it here then your just like everyone else. Traveling through could be kind of a gray area if you were not stopping in the state.

I don't think there is much they can do. I go down with all my killy stuff and nobody bats an eye, even though my flash suppressor and bayonet lug obviously makes me a much more dangerous person. I would hope the Mass State Police would have better things to do than set up a sting operation to catch out-of-State competitive shooters with bayonet lugs.

I am not a lawyer, but I can hire one to sue Massachusetts for violating my Constitutional Rights under the Interstate Commerce something or other.

LetsGoToPrison01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom