• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Active Shooter Situation in Lewiston Maine

And how much are the other 29 out of 30 stores on the block offering these people in their time of need?
My statement was to illustrate general character not the service provided. Sorry you missed that. I should have been more clear.

Drip......drip......the authorities searched the transfer station twice prior and "may" have received a tip as to his specific location......
He was by a dumpster, maybe it was the garbage men.
14faab8e-67b8-4029-bc16-72f6d737c4a6_text.gif

Card showed numerous alarming signs of being a potential mass shooter, yet these indicators were dismissed by everyone except for his immediate family and the National Guard.

Seems so.

Which is not going to be great for those of us into small government, individual accountability, and things like that.

The Reserves literally told the Sheriff that they expected the guy to commit a mass shooting and the Sheriff's office left the guys guns with his family - without even verifying they even had the guns locked up (like that would do much, but still) - and called it a day. Nice.

Yeah in light of these new developments I now recant any conspiratorial theories I might have supported in the past. Give a short circuiting brain more sounds to process and his psychosis ran with it:

Check out the Series “Brain Games” on Netflix it is crazy what even a normal functioning brain makes up to justify what it is processing.

Card showed numerous alarming signs of being a potential mass shooter, yet these indicators were dismissed by everyone except for his immediate family and the National Guard.

There are lists of traits in common among mass shooters, but those that check most of the boxes on those lists number in the 10s-of-thousands. Way more than the number of mass shooters. A few of those check-boxes are a bit more important though - verbally threatening to "kill everyone here", being one of those check-boxes.
Seems so.

Which is not going to be great for those of us into small government, individual accountability, and things like that.
Yeah - we can't make every local PD, school district, psychiatrist/psychologist, councilor, etc., use he same standards by which to judge whether to Red Flag/ERPO someone. That standard would be excessively conservative to avoid making a mistake, sweeping in 100s of thousands.

Tragic as the Lewiston shooting and others are, and as cold as it seems to say, the ~600 killed in 2023 mass shootings (based on the widest definition) is paltry compared to the 21,156 homicides in 2022 at <3%. Why would we add/change laws with the intent to address the tip of the iceberg? Because addressing the vast bulk of homicides is not economically/politically feasible in our system of government. Not cause enough for me.

When governments began closing mental health centers across the country in the eighties they said no worries, therapy and drugs will handle it. So most therapists are in need of therapy themselves, and drugs made things worse, so the public is left to deal with the Card's of the world.

From The Violence Project Mass Shooting Data & Research | The Violence Project

”Our hearts are again broken for the victims, survivors, families, and loved ones of the victims of the recent mass shooting in Lewiston, Maine.

From what we know, this perpetrator followed a similar pathway that we’ve identified - a noticeable crisis point, leaking their plans and making threats, easy access to guns. Military services is over-represented among mass shooters (25% have a military background as opposed to 7% of the general population). In the past decade, nearly 60% of perpetrators with a military background were discharged for behavioral of mental health reasons - opening the door for prevention.”

Easy Access to Guns? The Lewiston incident is a classic example of failed systems and authorities dropping the ball. Military & Law Enforcement were both alerted to the parents’ concerns and he was denied a suppressor due to a NICS rejection.

The only new law we need is one holding those responsible for administering the existing laws accountable when they fail in their duties. But then they’d just overzealously deny and seize guns.

Last edited:
He passed the check, but he self reported on the 4473 that he was committed so the shop denied the transfer.

Agree otherwise though, numerous flashing red flags that were ignored.
I think he would have passed had he not self reported.

It seems like his Army hospitalization was actually voluntary.

They would have never known if he lied.

I think he would have passed had he not self reported.

It seems like his Army hospitalization was actually voluntary.

They would have never known if he lied.
That seems to be what I’ve read too. It either wasn’t involuntary or was and wasn’t reported.

That seems to be what I’ve read too. It either wasn’t involuntary or was and wasn’t reported.
It was an Army hospital, as well.

Just like the Air Force guy with the AR who killed a bunch of people at a church and was himself shot and killed with an AR from a citizen. He was in the military justice system.

Military does not report.

Biden inbound ….

1st, you know he couldn’t care less about people in ME getting shot.

His handlers only fly him to where they see opportunity. In this case, to push for disarming law abiding citizens to scratch their lust for tyrannical power.

How completely screwed up is that.

President Biden and First Lady set to visit Maine to mourn with the community after mass shooting

Last edited:
Biden inbound ….

1st, you know he couldn’t care less about people in ME getting shot.

His handlers only fly him to where they see opportunity. In this case, to push for disarming law abiding citizens to scratch their lust for tyrannical power.

How completely screwed up is that.

President Biden and First Lady set to visit Maine to mourn with the community after mass shooting

And pedo Joe is setting up a commission to study mass shootings 😡

Back
Top Bottom