Aero M5 'Project' - Sub MOA Made Simple

Next time I see a sale on LaRue match triggers I'll get one and install it

I have the RRA in my AR-15 but have the Larue MBT2 going in the AR-10. I wonder if I'll even be able to tell a difference.

I started just putting the larue trigger into everything, can't beat it for the price, and I know it'll be consistent across my rifles

How much are the MBT2 triggers normally? They are claiming to be on sale now for $99. Not sure if its a "fake" sale or if thats a good price.

How much are the MBT2 triggers normally? They are claiming to be on sale now for $99. Not sure if its a "fake" sale or if thats a good price.
I last bought one a few years ago- definitely before all the Wu flu mess and inflation. It was $99.

How much easier is it to install those one piece trigger kits than the separate pieces like RRA and Larue.
Easier. If you're mechanically inclined, not especially.

With a normal trigger, you have to make sure you put your springs in the right direction, and seat a leg in a groove of the pin, while working against the spring tension. With the drop-ins, you just put the thing in the cavity and install the pins.

Easier. If you're mechanically inclined, not especially.

With a normal trigger, you have to make sure you put your springs in the right direction, and seat a leg in a groove of the pin, while working against the spring tension. With the drop-ins, you just put the thing in the cavity and install the pins.
This.
Almost idiot-proof lol

How much easier is it to install those one piece trigger kits than the separate pieces like RRA and Larue.
Super easy.
Additionally, some have tensioning screws to tighten the pack within the receiver so theres no slop.
My trigger tech in my ar15 is like that.
Probably doing the same with the ar10 build as well. Take away the need for trigger pin walk kit.

Ive only heard of it as a real concern with polymer lowers, but im also just some kid on the internet
I need to qualify my post: I've never had trigger pins walk if I put the trigger together correctly. I fubar'd a trigger install once and the pin did walk, but that was total operator error.

What mags are you guys using? I bought some duramags and pmags to try out, but is there anything else worth checking?

What mags are you guys using? I bought some duramags and pmags to try out, but is there anything else worth checking?
Pmags and some steel 10-rounders I bought from Brownells. Never had an issue with the mags, but I think 10-round 308 mags are hard to screw up. I went to Lancers for my .223 competition AR's and may eventually get some for my 6.5 and .308.

I'm so torn. I am finally thinking of building a large frame, and in beige for once. (I know! But with black, they match my shoes.)

I'm still telling myself I want to limit my cartridges. So I can't decide between 308 and the manbun. On the one hand, neither is useful for hunting (deer) in MA, so the external ballistics of CM sounds promising. On the other, 308 is more easily available and less expensive, and I'm never shooting further than 300 yds...and I already cut off all my hair.

I know I can just get both, and eventually probably will, but which one first? Should I have put this in the First World Problems thread instead?

I'm so torn. I am finally thinking of building a large frame, and in beige for once. (I know! But with black, they match my shoes.)

I'm still telling myself I want to limit my cartridges. So I can't decide between 308 and the manbun. On the one hand, neither is useful for hunting (deer) in MA, so the external ballistics of CM sounds promising. On the other, 308 is more easily available and less expensive, and I'm never shooting further than 300 yds...and I already cut off all my hair.

I know I can just get both, and eventually probably will, but which one first? Should I have put this in the First World Problems thread instead?
I wish I had gotten 308 first, but im happy with both. I have 6.5 in the bolt gun and 308 on the ar now. I have a bunch of 6.5 stocked from before covid prices still but with current prices and only out to 300 yards I think 308 is probably better first. Or just get both uppers at once :)

Especially since you don't have a man bun

Answer is easy - first is going to one you’ll find on a good sale. Build both, for reloading 6.5CM is better for hunting somewhat, as 140gr is both deer/hog capable and it shoots far.
If not reloading - match grade 6.5CM ammo is cost prohibitive now

If you are not reloading and not fully committed to 6.5, go with .308. Later if you want 6.5, it's literally just a barrel swap.

If you are not reloading and not fully committed to 6.5, go with .308. Later if you want 6.5, it's literally just a barrel swap.
That's where I'm leaning. Especially with the theory that someday I'll shoot out the barrel in the M1 and do a 308 conversion there as well. Meanwhile, when I start reloading (I think) I can use the came projectiles in 06, 308, and 300.

That's where I'm leaning. Especially with the theory that someday I'll shoot out the barrel in the M1 and do a 308 conversion there as well. Meanwhile, when I start reloading (I think) I can use the came projectiles in 06, 308, and 300.
.308 makes for a sweet shooting M1.

Cool build, been thinking of spinning up something similar myself...

What do us guys in Mass have for Magazine options for these rifles?

Back
Top Bottom