AK-47/74 Build Party 2015 - It's Official

Perhaps just the bolt face & year for the front; LOVE the last design. and I thought I liked your previous design.

Here's what I've come up with for a solid end-result design... forget the rest - These are pretty damn awesome looking (at least my wife, my oldest son, and I think so haha). And if we get 20 of them they will only be about $18 each (plus shipping), 15 of them would be about $20 each. Proceeds from the fundraiser can help pay for a portion as well once we have all orders in, and can see how much we would be paying. We could only have to pay around $14 a piece perhaps. These are Gildan Ultra Cotton T-Shirts too, so they aren't junk either.

For some reason the first pic is blurry... Just pretend it is as sharp as the other three (because it is in the original pic)

Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 10.13.38 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 10.03.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 10.03.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-02-14 at 10.03.19 PM.png

Last edited:
I just typed a smile and then a big smile... I had no idea they would look so damn gay after I hit enter. First one looks like a damn fairy and all I did was type : and ) ... I give up. Party is off. I'm trading all my guns in for designer hand bags, and hanging out with Bruce Jenner from now on.

Here's what I've come up with for a solid end-result design... forget the rest

I'm glad you changed it. Showing the birthdate of the AK-74 while using the silhouette of an AK-47 would have had Mikhail rolling over in his grave. (RIP MTK)

I'm glad you changed it. Showing the birthdate of the AK-74 while using the silhouette of an AK-47 would have had Mikhail rolling over in his grave. (RIP MTK)
Hahaha... Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of that one either. Not knowing what people were into though, I figured I'd try a few different ideas. Everything on earth seems to have a shirt with the date and arc lettering on it, so I figured I'd toss it out there. Let's just pretend it didn't happen... Haha

Ordered my receiver today from Childers. Just need me some rivets now. Can't wait. I'll definitely buy a tan shirt as well.

edit: Would you want me to bring an EZ-up canopy for extra shelter in case it's raining....or still snowing

Last edited:
Just a heads up for anyone who ordered from Childers: Their receivers are built custom so lead time is 4-6 weeks. If you are thinking of ordering one I would do it soon just in case that lead time is a conservative estimate...

Spring Trigger - May 2
Car Shoot - June 20
Well there ya go... Date still looks good.

I'll get a more solid situation on shirts soon. Set a date I needs funds and sizes by, and let everybody get on that. I really need a solid number on who wants a shirt though, so I can see how much I can use from the fundraiser to cover them, and get the price set in stone for everybody.

What is the lead time on shirts? I will be in for one.

Does anybody know why the Monadnock events don't do shirts?

Call me a pussy, but I kinda just like the back of the shirt with the bolt face and wording. I'd just put that on the front. I think I'd wear it a lot less with the AK on the front. Sheep are skittish and I don't like to draw attention. My 2 cents.

Having said that, I'd be in for one green one anyway.

Call me a pussy, but I kinda just like the back of the shirt with the bolt face and wording. I'd just put that on the front. I think I'd wear it a lot less with the AK on the front. Sheep are skittish and I don't like to draw attention. My 2 cents.

That was my reaction when I saw it too. $0.02

That was my reaction when I saw it too. $0.02
Well, I can look into possibly doing two designs. One with gun, one without... I'll check into what I have for options, without drastically raising prices or anything like that.

For the pussies. Haha

I like the design, perhaps just switch the front and back?
I thought about that, but due to centering restrictions on the back, it just worked (and looked) better the way I made it. I planned on calling them to see about custom placement options that aren't available online. Even with the bolt on the back, I would want it further up than its shown placement. That, or I'd have like it to be bigger overall.

I know its impossible to please everybody, but I am attempting to do as much as I can in that direction.

I also know the meaning of KISS though - Keep It Simple, Stupid. And that is something I've always maintained when taking on projects - especially ones based on art and design work. I'm sure your wife could attest to that, bigblue. As you said this is what she does.

I thought about that, but due to centering restrictions on the back, it just worked (and looked) better the way I made it. I planned on calling them to see about custom placement options that aren't available online. Even with the bolt on the back, I would want it further up than its shown placement. That, or I'd have like it to be bigger overall.

I know its impossible to please everybody, but I am attempting to do as much as I can in that direction.

I also know the meaning of KISS though - Keep It Simple, Stupid. And that is something I've always maintained when taking on projects - especially ones based on art and design work. I'm sure your wife could attest to that, bigblue. As you said this is what she does.

What, you think I asked her opinion? This is manly gun stuff!

Do you what you think is best. Leader makes decision, leader takes blame. It's your fault no matter what stupid.

Back
Top Bottom