AK type rifle builds anyone done them?

Glenn,

I'm the chief admin at the best AK building resource on the net.
www.gunco.net Go through the library there and you will find tips and how to's on every aspect of building AKs.

If you have any questions, just ask in the forum, We have a large base of very experienced builders.

Thanks 7.62 I registered there this week and have been reading and that is one reason I am able to build this weekend. (the bending Jig I am using was from your site.) I am just doing the one that SKSbuilder did? the two piece and then form the flats. I have done alot of sheet/metal work in the past so that looks as good to me as anything.

back on topic I think I have all my ducks in a row and hope to get going on at least one of the builds this weekend after building some tooling I will need. (minimal thankfully mostly for doing the rivits.) I have the 922r parts and should be ready to go. the kits I got are in decent shape bores exallent but there is a little bit of rust in a few places. but still not bad. (they where 98.00 ea after shipping and with compliance parts and the reciever flats about 160.00 ea so far.

Are those the kits Boceifus (SP), is selling?

What do you plan on using for the final finish?

Are those the kits Boceifus (SP), is selling?

What do you plan on using for the final finish?

Yep they are the ones. If you want pics of the basic kit let me know.
I am leaning towards parking the reciever then painting them with 1200 deg black. (I have the parking stuff allready, but it is the grey so To match I would have to do it all or just paint.

The only rust is on the back of the gas tube, once I take them apart (today) I will have a better idea. but it doesn't look bad matching kits, and all the parts are serviceable. (very nice shape except for the bits mentioned. )
exallent chrome barrels. HE is a decent guy to do bussiness with.

I cleaned both of the kits today and they cleaned up fine. I think they are unfired but had storage rust on them. (no oil) no wear on the finish of the bolts at all. (evan on the wear points. ) I have the first kit demilled, and will start on the fixtures tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom