WILL YOU BE ATTENDING THE RALLY?

• I'll be there. HOORAH!

Votes: 135 66.2%
  • Nope, I can't make it.

Votes: 58 28.4%
  • I give up, not worth it anymore

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
Sorry, I thought I responded in this thread already. I took the 13th off as soon as I heard the last hearing was that day. So I am in. I would like to carpool with someone/ a bunch of someones, as I am lost as a newborn baby when it comes to getting in/ out of Boston. I generally stay away from cities, with good reason. This is one of the few things that will bring me into Boston though. I was there in January, I'll be there next Friday.

I live on the Cape but I will drive anywhere between here and Boston to meet up with someone who knows their way around. I don't care how early I have to get up. I'm up at the ass-crack of dawn every day whether I'm working or not. I may even have a non-NES friend or two to bring along as well. PM me anyone.

ETA: Aha... the Carpool thread. I'm PM'ing the member who said he's on Cape right now.

Last edited:
I work down the street so i'll be taking an extended coffee break that morning to at least attend for a little bit

still have seats for carpool. I would be picking up/dropping off in Norwood on Rt 1.

parking isn't cheap so carpooling helps cut the cost so by all means lets help each other out

I will try to make it, but if I can't, I wrote hard-copy signed 2-page letters to each of the 17 members of the joint committee, picking up stamps on the way home from work tonight.

In; it's just too important to miss.
ZoomButt.gif

still working on going - we're in the midst of a ****ing issue here at work, so I have to wait and see what my VP is going to do next week.

That said, Im sure anyone giving testimony will already be inside -- are there plans for a raucous rally outside like what we did back in April?

Well it appears that only 99 have committed to go. I realize it can be a pain to take off work, believe me it costs me when I do in my pocket, not to mention one of my days Id use for deer hunting. BUT This is probably one of the most important meetings we can go to to show up in big numbers is needed. Right now Im hearing that the Moms and the Bloombergies have got 350+ committed to going in. If we are not there in good sized numbers, we are screwed period. Sometimes sacrafice is tough but we have to do it to protect our rights.

still working on going - we're in the midst of a ****ing issue here at work, so I have to wait and see what my VP is going to do next week.

That said, Im sure anyone giving testimony will already be inside -- are there plans for a raucous rally outside like what we did back in April?

That is the intention, and the reason for the 9AM start time. Hearing at 10 and we'd like to give anyone delivering testimony a chance at raucousness.

Sorry, I thought I responded in this thread already. I took the 13th off as soon as I heard the last hearing was that day. So I am in. I would like to carpool with someone/ a bunch of someones, as I am lost as a newborn baby when it comes to getting in/ out of Boston. I generally stay away from cities, with good reason. This is one of the few things that will bring me into Boston though. I was there in January, I'll be there next Friday.

I live on the Cape but I will drive anywhere between here and Boston to meet up with someone who knows their way around. I don't care how early I have to get up. I'm up at the ass-crack of dawn every day whether I'm working or not. I may even have a non-NES friend or two to bring along as well. PM me anyone.

ETA: Aha... the Carpool thread. I'm PM'ing the member who said he's on Cape right now.

check the carpool thread

Ill press the suit and prepare my remarks, wiseass and otherwise.

Let's do this.

To overstate the obvious, if you're at gun shops this weekend, clubs, or out and about, let people know -- shit, print flyers if you can, this is grass roots after all and for as well heeled as the opposition is in cash, we are in passion and of course, because we're goddamned right.

Anyone bringing a bull horn?

That is the intention, and the reason for the 9AM start time. Hearing at 10 and we'd like to give anyone delivering testimony a chance at raucousness.

Im surprised a few clubs i know have been quiet on this rally. Not very encouraging at all. Every club should have a poster up on this!

ok guys. time to amp it up. we need you guys to make simple fliers and post them at your clubs. get them out there this weekend. hang out at the club and talk to everyone. come out of your shells and get to know the others at your club. we need bodies at the rally!

FileSwap.com : 2a.docx download free

I made a very simple, crude flyer. Open the link and click the "slow download" button. You'll need to pay for the "fast download."

One suggestion. If you don't mind adding the following somewhere

"signup at ITSTIME2A.ORG for up to date information regarding the hearing and rally"

That way we can grow the mailing list of people to reach for any emergency rally, or hearing alerts. Very good though I will print a bunch and bring them to my range today or tomorrow morning

I want to know who the two shit bags are in the poll. Then again they actually came out and said what most of the commandos on here are thinking. I pulled a ****ing mag at yesterday's hearing and popped a jhp out to make a point in front of the board including the Holyoke chief. Everyone wants to run and be scared about chief discretion but guess what, while you all cower around THIS IS WHY THERE ARE THINGS LIKE CHIEF DISCRETION!!! I informed them that the room would have been filled if they weren't afraid of being on a list or having their LTC pulled and ultimately the people will not comply as Jason Flare pointed out with his AK mag.

So my question is where the **** are all of you viewing this??? Make it happen go out and be a body there. I'm not asking for you to flash mags and rounds but at least be there. You don't have to put your name on a sign in like I did BUT BE OUTSIDE and let them know we are not going to be pushed around.

I want to know who the two shit bags are in the poll. Then again they actually came out and said what most of the commandos on here are thinking. I pulled a ****ing mag at yesterday's hearing and popped a jhp out to make a point in front of the board including the Holyoke chief. Everyone wants to run and be scared about chief discretion but guess what, while you all cower around THIS IS WHY THERE ARE THINGS LIKE CHIEF DISCRETION!!! I informed them that the room would have been filled if they weren't afraid of being on a list or having their LTC pulled and ultimately the people will not comply as Jason Flare pointed out with his AK mag.

So my question is where the **** are all of you viewing this??? Make it happen go out and be a body there. I'm not asking for you to flash mags and rounds but at least be there. You don't have to put your name on a sign in like I did BUT BE OUTSIDE and let them know we are not going to be pushed around.

Forget that. If they have given up they can give me their firearms!

If you have a way to get this to your club or multiple clubs, by all means. Remember part of its time was the idea that it would be left up to other gun owners to take charge and be their own activist. SPREAD THE WORD!!!! [wink]

Yes, everyone should be contacting their local clubs. I forwarded the ItsTime e-mail to my gun club's secretary to forward to the rest of the membership. In case that doesn't happen in time, and for those who don't get the e-mail, I also printed up a bunch of fliers real quick and dropped a few off at the club the other day for anyone to see who drops by.

I'm trying to get them small enough (how the hell can a 1-page Word document become a 352K .pdf file and why does the forum limit file size to 250K?) to attach to share here.

I was gonna do that at the Springfield hearing but the campus PD pulled me out of the audience and asked me to go put the mag and pulled bullets back in the car.

The best part is I'm pretty sure it was another gun guy who ratted me out.

Mike

I was gonna do that at the Springfield hearing but the campus PD pulled me out of the audience and asked me to go put the mag and pulled bullets back in the car.

The best part is I'm pretty sure it was another gun guy who ratted me out.

Mike

I wouldn't doubt it. With guys like the shit bags from savage lurking around why would we need enemies. I purposely kept my mags(loaded) and the upper half of my m&p in plain view. I talked with campus security and spfld cops and no one said a word. Someone must have wet themself or blown their rape whistle when they saw yours.

Wont miss this for the world. Afterwards, who wants to knock 10 beers down on Charles street?

I'll put my handle name on my sign.

No I wont be CCW.

Bump, and a question (sorry if its been covered before). Have you reached out to MA gun clubs to get through to their distribution lists? I believe glockjock was looking for this info.

See these two posts:
OUTREACH, big opportunity

Sportsman's Clubs on Facebook

If you have a way to get this to your club or multiple clubs, by all means. Remember part of its time was the idea that it would be left up to other gun owners to take charge and be their own activist. SPREAD THE WORD!!!! [wink]

see above

...To overstate the obvious, if you're at gun shops this weekend, clubs, or out and about, let people know ...

Im surprised a few clubs i know have been quiet on this rally. Not very encouraging at all. Every club should have a poster up on this!

How would they even know, other than GOAL's "Friday News"?

ok guys. time to amp it up. we need you guys to make simple fliers and post them at your clubs. get them out there this weekend. hang out at the club and talk to everyone. come out of your shells and get to know the others at your club. we need bodies at the rally!

Yes, this.

One suggestion. If you don't mind adding the following somewhere

"signup at ITSTIME2A.ORG for up to date information regarding the hearing and rally"

That way we can grow the mailing list of people to reach for any emergency rally, or hearing alerts. Very good though I will print a bunch and bring them to my range today or tomorrow morning

I've yet to receive a mailing from It's Time 2A, and I even participated in the online meetings at the startup, as well as the meeting at Harvard. Has there been a mailing?

Yes, everyone should be contacting their local clubs. I forwarded the ItsTime e-mail to my gun club's secretary to forward to the rest of the membership. In case that doesn't happen in time, and for those who don't get the e-mail, I also printed up a bunch of fliers real quick and dropped a few off at the club the other day for anyone to see who drops by.

I'm trying to get them small enough (how the hell can a 1-page Word document become a 352K .pdf file and why does the forum limit file size to 250K?) to attach to share here.

Again, and I think it is almost too late now, but I think "It's Time 2A" should have been the "Online presence" for the MSC organization. They admitted they don't do much, if anything online, and could use help. They also acknowledge the younger generation is the future of sportsmen in Massachusetts and the country. Their ideologies are overlapping with the right to keep and bear arms. They have scores of clubs, with thousand upon thousands of members, most of whom don't have nor want computers. THESE are the meat and potatoes of Massachusetts gun owners, folks; like it or not.

Again, and I think it is almost too late now, but I think "It's Time 2A" should have been the "Online presence" for the MSC organization. They admitted they don't do much, if anything online, and could use help. They also acknowledge the younger generation is the future of sportsmen in Massachusetts and the country. Their ideologies are overlapping with the right to keep and bear arms. They have scores of clubs, with thousand upon thousands of members, most of whom don't have nor want computers. THESE are the meat and potatoes of Massachusetts gun owners, folks; like it or not.

It's never too late so long as people refuse to give up. It may be "too late" to move a large slow group for the 13th, but there will be more fights coming. With that in mind, can you educate a relative noob on what exactly MSC is? I'm assuming it's some membership organization of some type. Do you have a contact with the leadership of said group? Have you given them a call to ask them to get the word out, however late, to their membership? Can you help facilitate a meeting between this group and those doing the leg work for ItsTime2A should both organizations be interested?

As for you not getting any mailings from ItsTime, that's a head scratcher to me. There was a bit of a stretch where there wasn't much going on and I didn't get contacts, but I know for a fact they sent out an e-mail to everyone last week because I got one of said mass e-mails. Maybe pop on over to the site and put your address in again? I know from experience in another group that sometimes the problem can be one of handwriting - you write your address on a sheet of paper at a meeting and it looks clear at the time but there's confusion on the part of whoever eventually types that into a database at some point days later and that 1 becomes a lower-case "L" or an "I" or something similarly minor yet critical.

Back
Top Bottom