WILL YOU BE ATTENDING THE RALLY?

• I'll be there. HOORAH!

Votes: 135 66.2%
  • Nope, I can't make it.

Votes: 58 28.4%
  • I give up, not worth it anymore

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
We've been trying but it's a task much too large for a few people to tackle alone.
I can't emphasize this enough. It seems trivial, however making sure that all of the info is correct, chasing down contacts that stop responding, etc. all take a ton of time. All of us that are running this have other major life events going on, many of the original people have either evacuated MA (but THANK YOU for your continued support, Deb), are working jobs that mean that increased involvement means increased risk of termination, and I personally have been regularly pissing off the wife with the amount of time spent.

I really can't wait until this cools down enough that we can start focusing on the ongoing outreach.
I will admit, it would be nice if Goal (or someone) could write up a general description of each bill. More then 1 sentence. What is each bill about? How does it affect us(positively or negatively). I noticed they did a decent job of the positive bills...but we need to rally heavily AGAINST the negative bills. There are 50 plus bills at this hearing. To go through each one, will take...hours. I've done it in the past, but frankly, don't have time this week

Bills Currently Filed at MA State House
GOAL's Legislation Information Page 2013 Proposed Legislation
Quoting this in the hopes that someone will go through this before I have the chance to look at it. I've got testimony of my own to write, still.

This thread has a decent chart where sieveboy has started to do this. - http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb.../220897-what-stake-ma-gun-control-frenzy.html

For one, its not time to be bickering among ourselves about what could have been done, what should have been done. The point is, we're doing it now, we're in the fight now and are ready to make our message heard on Friday. Are you in or are you out? Now isn't the time for the infighting, now is the time to drop our differences and come together, to rip the Beetles.

On a second topic - I'm trying to put together my thoughts right now - does anyone have a completed testimony they'd like to share? maybe put it in another thread?

Another angle is to take a look at this thread.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/general-discussion/221385-crime-soared-mass-gun-law.html

Quote from Mumbles:

“Massachusetts probably has the toughest laws on the books, but what happens is people go across borders and buy guns and bring them into our state,” rationalizes Boston Mayor Tom Menino. “Guns have no borders.”

If Mumbles is correct, WHY ARE THEY TRYING TO PASS NEW LAWS IN MA!?!?! The laws of our border states aren't changing! If the whole problem is criminals getting their weapons illegally from other states,HOW ARE ANY OF THE PROPOSED LAWS GOING TO STOP CRIME?!?!. It sends a clear message that the ONLY reason to pass these new laws is to restrict the 2A rights of law-abiding citizens, which the committee and all the antis that spoke (at least that I heard at Springfield) claimed that they didn't want to do.

On the flip side, if Mumbles is wrong, why do these states that he is talking about HAVE LOWER VIOLENT CRIME AND MURDER RATES THAN MA?!?!

I like your line on the insurance issue and am working on testimony and a rally speech that addresses the same topic -- my thoughts are this, what other constitutional rights would you like to see carry liability insurance before exercised? should a talk show host be required to have such insurance? a protester? a church? The exercise of free speech and religion can also have dangerous consequences if misconstrued by the wrong person, so why not demand licensing and insurance before Jim Braude speaks?

On that, why not make sure everyone in the Commonwealth has a lawyer on retainer, similar to having required healthcare. After all, you never know when you might need to assert your 4th and 5th amendment rights?

that's kind of where my brain is at. How long can the testimony be if delivered? 5 minutes?

Can someone explain H.3261 and why we oppose this bill? What does this have to do with gun rights?

Adds to the list of offenses for which a wire tap can be obtained any and all types of 'illegal' firearms possession (how do they know that your brake is welded?)

Also redefines an intercepting device to NOT include an intercepting device obtained under court order. If you don't have an intercepting device it is pretty hard to intercept, correct. So even though they intercepted your communications they legally didn't, get it?

Also removes the 2 year time limit for renewals - keep probing till you find something.

Last edited:
I think Im going to tailor my testimony and rally ranting to the 2 issues that offend me most about the bills - the insurance requirement - and how its patently offensive to effectively require prerequisite permission to exercise civil rights.....

and the more I think of it, I think Im going to focus on this whole "its for the children" mantra the left and the politicos in MA have been harping on for years. As a new (and fumbling) father of an 8 week old, I think I want to ask the legislature to stop speaking for our kids and using them as bludgeons with which to demand more gun control. I think Im going to pose my remarks so as to suggest that if they really care about kids and violence, that perhaps instead of using them in this manner, they focus on the underlying causes of crime, such as poverty, class disparities, education failures and mental health. I think Im going to ask that they allow ME, the father, to effectively parent and worry about raising my child safely and to stop speaking for him and affecting his rights down the line.

Last edited:
I think we should all ask our legislators why they don't trust us, and why they want to deny our right to choose self protection.

Especially in comparison to our neighbors to the North.

Just like the Roe v. Wade crowd did, we need to make this about choice, they have taken ours.

Every man, woman and child in the Commonwealth should be beating down their door demanding the restoration of choice and trust.

If Mumbles is correct, WHY ARE THEY TRYING TO PASS NEW LAWS IN MA!?!?! The laws of our border states aren't changing! If the whole problem is criminals getting their weapons illegally from other states,HOW ARE ANY OF THE PROPOSED LAWS GOING TO STOP CRIME?!?!. It sends a clear message that the ONLY reason to pass these new laws is to restrict the 2A rights of law-abiding citizens, which the committee and all the antis that spoke (at least that I heard at Springfield) claimed that they didn't want to do.

On the flip side, if Mumbles is wrong, why do these states that he is talking about HAVE LOWER VIOLENT CRIME AND MURDER RATES THAN MA?!?!

He's wrong and everything that he mentions in regards to straw purchasing and the illegal sale of firearms is already illegal on both the state and federal level.

They use that as an excuse to sound good when they're giving their little speeches in Dorchester after another kid gets shot.

Problem is these progressives are all ego maniacs who truly believe that THEIR law will be the one that will make the criminals go "oh shit, that's against the law, I better not do that".

Misguided corrupt narcissist fools elected by the uninformed is a volatile mix.

He's wrong and everything that he mentions in regards to straw purchasing and the illegal sale of firearms is already illegal on both the state and federal level.

They use that as an excuse to sound good when they're giving their little speeches in Dorchester after another kid gets shot.

Problem is these progressives are all ego maniacs who truly believe that THEIR law will be the one that will make the criminals go "oh shit, that's against the law, I better not do that".

Misguided corrupt narcissist fools elected by the uninformed is a volatile mix.

It's obvious that he is wrong. They use the blame excuse to hide the fact that their policy is an epic failure proven by the fact that the three New England states to our north have far lower violent crime and murder rates and have much less restrictive gun laws.

The idea is to lead the committee and any other law-makers to make that conclusion on their own.

But if someone believes that he is correct and this is a problem of guns coming into the state from other states with less restrictive laws, why do they think that more restrictive laws on top of the already Draconian laws HERE would prevent crime?!?!

Last edited:
I am the best public speaker, I plan to submit written testimony but will not be signing up to speak. What can I expect from being a spectator? will I just sit and listen? would I be more helpful out on the steps with signage?

sorry if any of this has been touched, I haven't had time to catch up on the thread

Where does one sign up to speak?

I am the best public speaker, I plan to submit written testimony but will not be signing up to speak. What can I expect from being a spectator? will I just sit and listen? would I be more helpful out on the steps with signage?

sorry if any of this has been touched, I haven't had time to catch up on the thread

I've all ready set up an appt. with my rep. for Friday. Seems like a good idea for some face to face time with him.

I was told you sign up inside before the hearing begins, and that they mix up the interested parties, so getting on the list early does not guarantee you will get to speak early, so you have to be ready to go any anytime pretty much

- - - Updated - - -

I've all ready set up an appt. with my rep. for Friday. Seems like a good idea for some face to face time with him.
this is a good idea, I may try and do this, I am a much better speaker 1 on 1

One thing I am going to be pushing, and I think we all should, is nixing chiefs discretion. Even the "other side" I talked to at the last meeting agreed it was absurd that in their violent cities, they were not permitted to get licenses.

Mike

If you show up and don't speak, you have accomplished little. Sorry, but that is the truth.

Turning in written testimony is very important but not the function of the public hearings. The hearings are for the Reps to gauge the voters emotions on the subject (will they loose votes).

If you show up and don't speak, you have accomplished little. Sorry, but that is the truth.

Turning in written testimony is very important but not the function of the public hearings. The hearings are for the Reps to gauge the voters emotions on the subject (will they loose votes).
I was under the assumption that not everyone will get to speak, is this not true?

perhaps I can put something together that is short and simple and I am confident in

i'm working on what i'll say if they call me up... i have been collecting testimony from customers and will be submitting it for them. if anyone on here wants me to submit testimony for them, you can email it to me before 8pm on thursday and i will print it out. i'd love to walk up and slap a big stack of NO down on that desk.
if you choose to, email to cass @ neswusa.com (no spaces)
my printer at home is unreliable at best so i am using the one at the shop, hence before 8pm on thursday! if any come in after that deadline i will do my best to print them from home

No. The rally is outside. The hearing will be inside. If people want to testify that's great (and dress and accessorize correctly for entering the statehouse) but we need THOUSANDS outside. Testifying is not required but written testimony and oral testimony from those who are comfortable with it is encouraged.

Just to clarify. Are certain accessories are ok outside, on the state house steps?

I was under the assumption that not everyone will get to speak, is this not true?

perhaps I can put something together that is short and simple and I am confident in

In Springfield everyone that signed up was given a chance to speak. The hearing started at 10am and ended at 5pm.

Not sure how the place is set up, but at the Springfield hearing they had a table in the atrium of the auditorium where people could sign up to speak. First one to sign up is the first one to speak.

so the poll says 119 to attend. Lets get that number up between today and Friday.

How many people are BRINGING people who aren't NES members? Im trying now to get more folks to show -- that might be a might encouraging before we begin on Friday.

We're going to win this fight, people. Just ****ing believe and we will win.

so the poll says 119 to attend. Lets get that number up between today and Friday.

How many people are BRINGING people who aren't NES members? Im trying now to get more folks to show -- that might be a might encouraging before we begin on Friday.

We're going to win this fight, people. Just ****ing believe and we will win.

I asked several large pro 2a Facebook groups to share and promote this. Shockingly not a peep. Appears they can't be bothered to help out others sympathetic to their cause.

I asked several large pro 2a Facebook groups to share and promote this. Shockingly not a peep. Appears they can't be bothered to help out others sympathetic to their cause.

I don't think it's shocking at all. With all of the pending bills happening in MA, some have just given up. Really to me, it's no surprise.

I left a voicemail for the Second Amendment Sisters....no response.

I think we need to put things together after this rally and hold a publicized, invitational conference of all the grassroots campaigns and GOAL. We need to stop this sectarian, insular bullshit and come together for once.

I ****ing hate the oh that's a lost cause I give up mentality. Shows an overwhelming amount of ignorance that it won't leech into other states.

I ****ing hate the oh that's a lost cause I give up mentality. Shows an overwhelming amount of ignorance that it won't leech into other states.

Just giving my opinion on why some people might not want to jump on board. Look at the poling here in this thread. Some people voted: I give up.

Just giving my opinion on why some people might not want to jump on board. Look at the poling here in this thread. Some people voted: I give up.

Yep, there will be those that give up. Same people who run and hide when times get hard and look like theres no way out. If they did that in Colorado, the recall would have failed. It came down to a few hundred votes in some areas, just like this will come down to a few people who dont show and voice their opposition. Also in Westford, if there was no showing by our side, right now you would not be owning certain guns in Westford. The fact is they have 60 Bills because they know not all will pass, and wiping out gun ownership one small cut at a time is their goal. If we do stand up better & bigger than we have in the past we can alter that path. Fact is its a few hours out of your work day and if it is effective, then heck you were part of the solution. if it does not work 100%, we gave it our best shot but giving up is just BS, period.

Back
Top Bottom