"All vets are mentally ill and government should prevent them from owning firearms"

Gidge

NES Member
Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill and government should prevent them from owning firearms"

Yep, she really said it on Thursday in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee...and the quote below from the LA Times is priceless. Sometimes even the L.A. Times gets it right.

Kurt Nimmo: "Senator Feinstein insults all U.S. Veterans as she flays about in a vain attempt to save her bill."

Quote of the Day from the Los Angeles Times:

"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time
anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'. The four of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."- Columnist Burt Prelutsky, Los Angeles Times

Do you have a link to the actual quote? I know of some people that wouldn't like to see more proof like this.

Charles.

"All vets are mentally ill and government should prevent them from owning firea

Yeah this quote could be a game changer if proven true.

This is not to be tolerated by anyone.

While I have no doubt in my mind she actually feels this way, what she said is vets should not be exempt from any legislation. Much like what many say on NES regarding LEO and retired LEOs

This was the same hearing in which she said the "With the advent of PTSD, which I believe is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War"

Last edited:
While I have no doubt in my mind she actually feels this way, what she said is vets should not be exempt from any legislation. Much like what many say on NES regarding LEO and retired LEOs

I agree. Unless there was a more recent quote from Sen. D.F. the actual quote misrepresents PSTD as a "new phenomenon" that started with the recent wars and therefore veterans shouldn't be exempt from her AWB.

"with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this"

I absolutely abhor the likes of Senator D.F. and the legislation that they propose to control us. And the ignorance they display is astonishing. But we should be careful about what we use as evidence that these Senators are themselves deranged, lest we ourselves look crazy.

Our enemy are bad enough, no reason to misquote them to seem even worse

Once again, Snopes gets it right. She never stated this exact sentence.
[thinking]
At a Senate Judiciary Committee meeting, Feinstein opposed an amendment to her Assault Weapons Ban legislation that would allow military veterans to continue to buy the firearms that would be banned.
"If I understand this, this adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this."
Senator Feinstein stated neither that "all vets are mentally ill" nor that "the government should prevent [veterans] from owning firearms"; She stated that creating an exemption in the new AWB for retired military personnel was inadvisable, due to both the prevalence of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) among that group and the difficulty of verifying that a potential gun purchaser was in fact a veteran. So she only insulted some vets, not all of them.

I agree. Unless there was a more recent quote from Sen. D.F. the actual quote misrepresents PSTD as a "new phenomenon" that started with the recent wars and therefore veterans shouldn't be exempt from her AWB.

"with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this"

I absolutely abhor the likes of Senator D.F. and the legislation that they propose to control us. And the ignorance they display is astonishing. But we should be careful about what we use as evidence that these Senators are themselves deranged, lest we ourselves look crazy.

Ummm, excuse me but I'm pretty sure PTSD isn't a product of the Iraq War. It was called "Shell Shock" in WWI and WWII and then given it's current name sometime around the Vietnam conflict (if memory serves). In no way was this something new post Y2K...

Every time she opens her mouth we get proof positive that she's either dumber than a bag of hammers, or sack of dildos.

That quote from the LA Times is pretty good. Yet the people keep voting these hags back in.

Last edited:
This mentally ill stigma is nothing new for veterans. Actually, the media did a wonderful job in the 60's and 70's of portraying Vietnam veterans as being downtrodden nutcases ready to engage in mass murder sprees at any given time.

Where Feinstein got the PTSD thing being a newly acquired malady from the Iraq/Afghanistan era confuses me.

Politicians engage the military to do their dirty work in these more often than not senseless wars. We go from zeroes to heroes and back again in warp speed.

This mentally ill stigma is nothing new for veterans. Actually, the media did a wonderful job in the 60's and 70's of portraying Vietnam veterans as being downtrodden nutcases ready to engage in mass murder sprees at any given time.

Where Feinstein got the PTSD thing being a newly acquired malady from the Iraq/Afghanistan era confuses me.

Politicians engage the military to do their dirty work in these more often than not senseless wars. We go from zeroes to heroes and back again in warp speed.

According to Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein (The Final Days, Ch. 14), Rockefeller minion and high level globalist Henry Kissinger referred pointedly to military men as “dumb, stupid animals to be used” as pawns for foreign policy.

This guy is a real piece of work -- here are a few other quotes from Kissinger, just to give you the flavor of the twisted thinking of the globalists and their agenda :

Henry Kissinger - Wikiquote

"All vets are mentally ill and government should prevent them from owning firea

Whatever she said, California's elected Senators have displayed nothing but contempt time and time again for members of the military. Unless of course it comes to closing a military base, then the military is just peachy.

Reminds me: "Ah, General, could you please address me as Senator. I've worked so hard for that title."

Last edited:
Whatever she said, California's elected Senators have displayed nothing but contempt time and time again for members of the military. Unless of course it comes to closing a military base, then the military is just peachy.

Reminds me: "Ah, General, could you please address me as Senator. I've worked so hard for that title."

In the case of these moonbats that "title" is all show, no go (with nothing to back it up).

Furthermore, that "title" has nothing to do with her (as she thinks), but a good faith "gift" from people who sent her to D.C.
(i.e., they serve us)

-- the arrogance here is of epic proportions and these bozos will fall from their high perches once the SHTF.

Last edited:
In the case of these moonbats that "title" is all show, no go (with nothing to back it up).

Furthermore, that "title" has nothing to do with her (as she thinks), but a good faith "gift" from people who sent her to D.C.
(i.e., they serve us)

-- the arrogance here is of epic proportions and these bozos will fall from their high perches once the SHTF.

We can only hope...

Only a politician would see kissing ass, and sucking frontal parts, as being 'hard work'. Of course, once elected, and in for a while, they get the same done on them (receiving instead of giving). The system is so beyond f'd up that it's pretty much beyond repair. We need to do a forklift replacement of all currently in office. IF they're of any value, we MIGHT let them back in. It all comes down to what they did leading up to the event (over the years before) and then during it. We'll know who our friends are/were and who was not. I almost pity those that are working against the constitution.

What she actually said was worse in my not so humble opinion. It's pretty clear that she lacks respect for law-abiding and upstanding citizens of the United States, especially those who volunteer to defend her. What is even more disappointing is the fact that she's in like company with other "party leaders," including the head of Homeland Security.

Make no mistake, these people fear and hate anyone who has the means and ability to defend themselves from a tyrannical government. The idea that their absolute authority could be rejected by force freaks them the **** out. I can only imagine the shit they would pull if they weren't so afraid.

Back
Top Bottom