American Blackout

Saw the commercial, looks like it has potential.

Somewhat related, I'm trying to track down a digital copy of The Trigger Effect if anyone has a lead.

EDIT: Found one, if you know what a magnet link is and want it pm me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that NES' server runs on wood, just in case.....

It might, but the stuff that connects NES to you sure has hell doesn't. [wink]

It isn't a direct feed? What if I use my iBamaphone?

I did get a full day of painting in when the site was being updated last weekend. So maybe a national blackout would be a good time to really get some shit done around the house.

I did get a full day of painting in when the site was being updated last weekend. So maybe a national blackout would be a good time to really get some shit done around the house.

You'd think that, but during Irene most everyone near me was sitting around drinking beer and complaining about NStar or complaining about how since one tree fell half a mile away we should cut all the trees in the neighborhood down and I should pay for half.

Well if America went dark for ten days the cities would burn after day three when ebt was no longer working.
I don't think it would take that long. That brief shutdown the other day proved it. Some cities would start burning within hours... just as soon as the first Walmarts were cleaned out.

I don't think it would take that long. That brief shutdown the other day proved it. Some cities would start burning within hours... just as soon as the first Walmarts were cleaned out.

Oh no my friend. That's the people that are inconvenienced and get pissed. I am talking about staving masses that have not eaten for three days. That's when people go really nuts. It's not only that by the drug addicts are detoxing, people are out of psyche meds, and the crappers are not working. Add in darkness, hunger, people on the dole kicked off, no ebt, no Facebook, no Obama phone. Will make the ten plagues of Egypt look like a walk in the park.

Of course you can survive without food for more than a month. Water is what you need daily. But trying telling that to the fat ebt family when the Doritos and Pepsi run out. Of course they will start looking in your house for their snack fix.

Cant wait to watch this, but SOB its going to make me feel like I need to do even more for my own personal supplies and plan in an event like this [laugh]

You'd think that, but during Irene most everyone near me was sitting around drinking beer and complaining about NStar or complaining about how since one tree fell half a mile away we should cut all the trees in the neighborhood down and I should pay for half.

All those damn trees.....sucking up all the oxygen & knocking out the power.....get rid of them ALL I say!!! [/sarc]

I'm torn....I really want to see this...but...it's on at the same time as TWD...(& I don't have any of that fancy pants tevo or dvr crap)...lol. Hopefully it has an encore right after it's done playing. [grin]

All those damn trees.....sucking up all the oxygen & knocking out the power.....get rid of them ALL I say!!! [/sarc]

I'm torn....I really want to see this...but...it's on at the same time as TWD...(& I don't have any of that fancy pants tevo or dvr crap)...lol. Hopefully it has an encore right after it's done playing. [grin]

Oh that's easy, pick the one that might suck over the one that has sucked since the first season ended. [grin]

Yeah, exactly. Giving stuff away only works until you run out of stuff. Then they start burning everything. See: LA Riots.

Watch for gun sales to increase the first two weeks of November. (above and beyond normal Christmas time purchases)

10 days with no power with no warning and understanding what happened would be complete and utter chaos by the end of the second day.

Last edited:
NatGeo playing a marathon of SHTF stuff today... definitely pumping this up. I hope its as good as the budget they're putting into promoting it would lead one to think. New Doomsday Preppers season Tuesday as well... a promo for that is interesting

"The crazy thing about these stories, is they can happen... and they're happening"

Back
Top Bottom