Ammo Fetish...Now with more Picture-Goodness

Hi I'm Calsdad and I admit after seeing Pilgrim's recent post about the ammo stash: http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41353 - I went down to count my ammo cans just to make sure I had more than that.

I admit to buying ammo just" because it was a good deal". I admit to buying whenever I feel scared and need some comfort. I admit to buying crates of Greek 30.06 from CMP just because random internet posts said they are going to limit sales. I admit going to Dicks' and buying ammo with coupons. I can't stop someobody help me.

I've been on vacation all week and have busy fixing things, cleaning and house hunting so we can sell and move. I haven't been able to get to the range not even once this week. [sad2]

So when I was in WM earlier I "just happened" to find meself in the sporting goods section and lo and behold, I found the cost of 100 rounds of WWB .45FMJ had gone down to 28.88 from 32.98 !

Of course I had to buy two boxes.

I feel better now. [smile]

I am an unrepentant ammo/component whore.

I will admit to having a box of BLACK TALON .40 S+W ammo which I basically
will never shoot. [laugh]

I have about 500-600 rounds of Win Q3131A sitting around which might as
well be like a rare scotch or something. [laugh]

Is that all?

Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

This reminds me that I need to get off my arse and get reloading! I have so much brass and stuff just waiting to be made into ammo.

Though I think I have about 3k rnds 223, 4-5krnds 22, and 3-400rnds 30-06, and a measly 600 rds of 40.

This reminds me that I need to get off my arse and get reloading! I have so much brass and stuff just waiting to be made into ammo.

I finally started consolidating all my coffee cans of brass into those tupperware-type tubs. I could barely lift the one for .45 and it didn't hold it all.
.40 is almost as bad.

The cellar looks a tad better, however.

Is that all?

Better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

There's a bit more than that, of course..... that was just the "funny"
ammo. The more normal ammo, there's lots of that.

IMO you can never have enough ammo, frankly. I will not be pleased until
I have a bunker in a free state with a forklift required to move it around. [grin]

-Mike

There's a bit more than that, of course..... that was just the "funny"
ammo. The more normal ammo, there's lots of that.

IMO you can never have enough ammo, frankly. I will not be pleased until
I have a bunker in a free state with a forklift required to move it around. [grin]

-Mike

Grin, I agree...although my wife sometimes questions storing ammo in the linen closet. [rofl] Am always on the lookout for .45 Win Mag for my L.A.R Grizzly.

I thought there was something wrong with me having ammo for a gun I dont even have yet.But after listening to the sluts here I feel better now.The therapy here is great,thank you[grin]

As with some addicts of pills, who "count" their pills, I admit to many a night in my basement, "counting" my ammo.
It makes me feel good. A little dirty, but good.[grin]

hi i'm bvet4dog.... i have an issue here.

idk where to start.

but... i love my 7mm shell castings laying around on my laptop while i game on my pc. :p i have about 100 rounds of em ready to be reloaded by my gramp. i'll go up see him next WEEKEND!!!! YEAH BABY and i'll buy another 200 rounds off him. here i come, day of blastin those nut eaters.

From the recent Ammo purchase... 880 rounds of Chech yumminess. Now, excuse me, I need to go be alone with my ammo.
Ammo.jpg

From the recent Ammo purchase... 880 rounds of Chech yumminess. Now, excuse me, I need to go be alone with my ammo.
Ammo.jpg

You know I have to admit I'm a newbie at this milsurplus ammo. I unscrewed all the screws from the bottom of the crate until I flipped it over and noticed the "correct" way to open it [wink].

Excuse me while I spend quality time with my 880 rounds of 7.62x54R, 400 rounds of WWB 9mm, and 2750 rounds of Federal bulk .22LR.

Hi my name is Chris, I bought a couple of boxes of 500S&W in hopes of owning one some day... In the meanwhile, I impressed the Fire Chief with my cabinet of ammo and safe of guns that came into being this past Feb, Storage By Permit is now pending. I am now in the process of getting the magical green striped card which is the reasoning for the Storage By Permit.

sorry, o master of surplus.

I'm just saying that its good ammo. I can't understand why you'd dismiss it as garbage unless maybe you've only shot it through a few different rifles and had bad results.
My SVT40 groups kick ass with 147 silver tip and so do most of my Mosins, especially my M91 Finns.

Back
Top Bottom