Ammo Fetish...Now with more Picture-Goodness

Hi, my name is R. Duke and I have an Ammo Fetish.

Hi R. Duke

Well it began a little while ago in a time when I clearly had too much money...

In all seriousness, I was PMing with another member today and musing on the nature of buying Ammo. Having little better to do with my vacation, I thought I'd expound on the topic for a bit.

First, I'm a slut. Of course, I like the gleaming Nevada Brass but honestly, when I'm broke, 'm not above buying a cheap Russian "bang." (all apologies Yelena) I've fed my guns Wolf, Silver Bear and Barnaul. But the thing that really twists my knickers? Well, it's got to be the good old $.40-.50/per round Green Tip, Lake City Penetrator XM855.

Now, as you know, ammo is ridiculously priced; almost doesn't matter what your shooting. But hand me $700 and I'm as likely to come home with two cases of high quality 5.56 as I am a new handgun. Yup. I just like it that much.

I like the cardboard Federal with the stripper clips. Who doesn't like strippers?

I like the American Eagle in the Red Box. Stout, proud, inexplicably expensive.

Even the swarthy "Privi-Partisan" with it's vaguely Hemingwayish undertones.

I like the Fiochhi which sounds pleasantly silly to me -just like everything else about Italy. (Incidentally, I have no idea if it's Italian but don't mess my roll)

I like the Winchester rounds with their inflated sense of nationalism and their price to match.

I like anything in bandoleers because like 99.8% of you, I harbor quasi militaristic fantasies...and no, please don't PM me with lascivious stories of your "Penetrator Tip!"

I like the nerdiness of MAGTECH, though I fail to see the "Tech" part of the nomenclature in a product that's been around since Sherman was a viable threat to the south.

I even like the no-brand 3rd world stuff. It's like my own little cultural exploitation fantasy in the safety of my living room.

I like the Armscor in the simple American Color Scheme box. Mostly because I have this image of thousands of diligent Filipinos cranking out ammo for the next world war. Keep up the good work guys.

I love Speer anything because it's expensive and we all know that means "good."

I love all the "once shot" and recycled military contract ammo, because hey, if you can't afford the best. At least you can have sloppy seconds!

Ahh, yes, I just love it all.

Ammo is like monkeys and monkeys are always funny. Except ammo isn't always funny. But Monkeys are, and since ammo is always cool, it's sort of like monkeys, but made of brass. Either way, both are always "something." So, in that way, they're really a lot alike.

Last edited:
I'm FSorrent,

I have an addiction to home order ammo. On top of that, I've been forcing my Girlfriend to pick up my "packages" which usually weigh an average of 50lbs. There's nothing like coming home, and seeing ammo sitting on my bed, never having to lift a finger. I hope hell freezes over before I get there...so I can take my ammo with me. [smile]

I'm Rockrivr1

I like to have my ammo dress up in sexy lingerie. Things like skin tight ARs, AKs, M1As etc'. I like variety in what lingerie my ammo wears and my ammo likes to keep my happy!!![smile]

I'm FSorrent,

I have an addiction to home order ammo. On top of that, I've been forcing my Girlfriend to pick up my "packages" which usually weigh an average of 50lbs. There's nothing like coming home, and seeing ammo sitting on my bed, never having to lift a finger. I hope hell freezes over before I get there...so I can take my ammo with me. [smile]

Even better is when MrsTwigg notices we're low on .45's she'll swing by Wally World and pick up a couple boxes.

"Honey, you want the FMJ or HP's this time ?"

Gosh I love that gal ! [smile]

Last edited:
I'm carguy

I like monkeys but since my wife won't let me have any more pets (2 dogs, a bird and some fish already) so I buy ammo since it is so much like a monkey, you know fun and full of brass!

Oh yeah...God Bless MrsTwigg does she give lessons...I want to enroll my wife [thinking]

Hello, Everybody. I'm P-14, and I have a problem. What is this - a startup of the NES AA Chapter? (Ammo Anonymous)?

There is only one thing better than the smell of gunpower, though.

[smile]

Bob

I like anything in bandoleers because like 99.8% of you, I harbor quasi militaristic fantasies...

With that Greek .30-06 from the CMP, not only is it in bandoleers, it comes in this great old tin (with a fine patina of age and neglect) which is for some inexplicable reason fun just to open.

I'm Milsurps 4 Me and I have a wide collection of surplus military rifles which require many different types of ammo. I love ammo so much I refuse to buy a 32 cylinder for my Nagant revolver because I feel if you can find/afford to buy a gun that shoots a certain type of ammo, you should be able to find/afford what belongs in there.

I'm also addicted to military rifle slings.[crying]

Executive here, and I too am an ammoholic.

I've been reloading for over a year now but I still buy factory .357, 9mm, .40, .45, and 5.56mm just to have. I have not fired a factory round for at least six months (.22 does not count), but I'll still pick up a box or two when the price is right. I guess I'm just addicted too.

Chris

Hello everyone, I'm Chris.

I just can't stop picking up the monthly flyer from <mumbles> that I hide in my desk drawer. I keep coming up with reasons why I really need a case of 7.62x25... and another 700 rds of 7.62x39. And I keep telling myself that I can afford 1440 rds of 9x18, right? I might need it someday! And... and... 1930's 7.63 Mauser! But I don't even have a Broomhandle! <breaks down into tears>

Those people... they are enablers, and I need to stop associating with them. Thank goodness I have you all to turn to! <sobs>

you guys are pathetic...

...unlike you weak willed wussies I can stop when ever I want to... I just don't want to right now.

DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!! REALLY I CAN STOP!

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT!!

The lying, the cheating, the late nights in the garage with trying comfort your reloading equipment while a case of that bright new Federal waits outside...

I have a linked belt of 7.62 Nato blanks. Late at night, when no one is looking, I go to the basement, take off all my clothes, wrap the belt around me and whip myself with a 45 cal cleaning brush. Top that one! Jack.

I am an unrepentant ammo/component whore.

I will admit to having a box of BLACK TALON .40 S+W ammo which I basically
will never shoot. [laugh]

I also have a thing for buying boxes of high quality .45 ACP JHP ammo at
random odd intervals. I probably have the better part of 1000 rounds of 230 gr Speer Gold Dots, Fed HST2, Win RA45T, just accumulated in the stockpile.... and like 500+ rounds of 10mm for a gun I don't even have anymore.

I have about 500-600 rounds of Win Q3131A sitting around which might as
well be like a rare scotch or something. [laugh] I also have some Federal and BHA .308 and .223 match ammo which I will periodically take out of the box to admire the shiny cases and high quality construction.

I also have 10 rounds of NORMA .38 SPL +P 158 gr JSWCs which I think are
works of art and refuse to fire the things... neat, "perfect' brass and
excellent construction. Those of you who have met "Norma" know what
I am talking about.... It's like having Loius XXVI cognac or something
around. [laugh]

-Mike

This begs the question - what's a rehab facility for ammo whores? Knob Creek? [laugh]

-Mike

I don't know what the big deal is, I have 1 round of ammo for my one revolver.

That's all I'll ever need!

This begs the question - what's a rehab facility for ammo whores? Knob Creek? [laugh]

-Mike

I don't think that would be anywhere close to being rehab. That'd be more like taking a coke head and dropping a huge pile of blow in front of him. Only this time around it's a lead head and instead of a pile of blow it's a pile of ammo.

Hello, Everybody. I'm P-14, and I have a problem. What is this - a startup of the NES AA Chapter? (Ammo Anonymous)?

There is only one thing better than the smell of gunpower, though.

[smile]

Bob

Grin, yes, but outside of that, its the smell of gunsmoke during a match, with the aroma of large quantities of burgers and dogs on the grille. Folks on relays just prior to lunch got all three aromas at the same time. Its a delicious mix (at least for me) and leaves a (good) indelible memory of a match event. [grin]

Grin, yes, but outside of that, its the smell of gunsmoke during a match, with the aroma of large quantities of burgers and dogs on the grille. Folks on relays just prior to lunch got all three aromas at the same time. Its a delicious mix (at least for me) and leaves a (good) indelible memory of a match event. [grin]

Yea but its only a problem if you're power hitting off the smoldering smoke from your AK after 4 mag dumps right?!? [thinking]

[laugh] All kidding aside.. does anyone else here besides me inhale deeply when you open your safe/vault door and get that whiff of wood/oil/metal/left over cosmolene mixed in with leather slings? [hmmm]

Yea but its only a problem if you're power hitting off the smoldering smoke from your AK after 4 mag dumps right?!? [thinking] [laugh] All kidding aside.. does anyone else here besides me inhale deeply when you open your safe/vault door and get that whiff of wood/oil/metal/left over cosmolene mixed in with leather slings? [hmmm]
Yup, that's part of it also. Take your above, add in your favorite smells when you are cleaning, mix in what I said of gunsmoke and burgers/dogs barbequeing, stir with a little Dremel Tool aroma when putting the finishing touches on wood grips to get them where you want them, garnish with the aroma of freshly tumbled cases.....and you will have a recipe that will bring a smile to your face any time you think of any portion of it. [wink]

Yup, that's part of it also. Take your above, add in your favorite smells when you are cleaning, mix in what I said of gunsmoke and burgers/dogs barbequeing, stir with a little Dremel Tool aroma when putting the finishing touches on wood grips to get them where you want them, garnish with the aroma of freshly tumbled cases.....and you will have a recipe that will bring a smile to your face any time you think of any portion of it. [wink]

Holy shit just think of the cash we could make if we could get Yankee Candle in on this stuff!
[smile]

I have a linked belt of 7.62 Nato blanks. Late at night, when no one is looking, I go to the basement, take off all my clothes, wrap the belt around me and whip myself with a 45 cal cleaning brush. Top that one! Jack.

Ewwww. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little with that visual.

Back
Top Bottom