And this is why our rights get stolen

Many firearm owners are singular and highly protective of their identity.
Doubly-so in the Chicago metro area, where being out of the closet as pro-gun can be a career-limiting move.

One of the reasons I moved out to N.NE was because I liked how not only were most of the IT folk I met in ME and NH very pro-gun, they didn't feel any need to hide it. Very different from Chicagoland.

I am not very familiar with 2A organizations in Illinois, but do know that like many states, people view Chicago as it's own separate planet.
I helped out with the running of two different 2A organizations in Illinois -- even our Cook County group viewed Chicago as it's own hostile territory, all meetings were held outside the city limits.

The closest most members of the Illinois State Rifle Association get to the City is Kankakee County -- fifty miles south by the map, and a million miles to the right politically.

Last edited:
I can't second this enough. I came out here today for a single purpose - to protect my right to keep and bear arms. I don't want to hear people stumping for their preferred party, or for their secondary causes that they consider related. I want to stop the threat to my access to the tools necessary to protect myself and my loved ones.

Especially after the screwjob we just got over ERPOs by the alleged 2A supporters on the hill, if we're going to let ourselves get distracted from 2A it had better be for Art 17:
How to you stop that threat when the powers that be want to expand that threat. You have to take an interest those secondary causes because those secondary causes possibly directly affect your ability to stop that threat. Vote the bums out and replace them with people who think more like us. Then your voices have weight. I hate to say it because I’m a public union guy but the Janus decision may actually help us in a small way. The big unions now have a little less money to line the pockets of the politicians who support blue collar average joe but are largely anti 2A. A small step but a step nonetheless. And I’m sure I’ll get killed for this but anyone who runs on a pro 2A platform in this state is doomed in my opinion. Run a campaign on exposing corruption and waste and convince people you can put more money in their pockets and you have a chance. Remember how many people hated Reagan before he expanded the economy. Nothing brings on memory loss about why someone might not have liked your message more than a wad of cash in your hand.

How to you stop that threat when the powers that be want to expand that threat. You have to take an interest those secondary causes because those secondary causes possibly directly affect your ability to stop that threat. Vote the bums out and replace them with people who think more like us. Then your voices have weight. I hate to say it because I’m a public union guy but the Janus decision may actually help us in a small way. The big unions now have a little less money to line the pockets of the politicians who support blue collar average joe but are largely anti 2A. A small step but a step nonetheless. And I’m sure I’ll get killed for this but anyone who runs on a pro 2A platform in this state is doomed in my opinion. Run a campaign on exposing corruption and waste and convince people you can put more money in their pockets and you have a chance. Remember how many people hated Reagan before he expanded the economy. Nothing brings on memory loss about why someone might not have liked your message more than a wad of cash in your hand.
You answered yourself in your own response. There is no "thinking like us."

You like Unions; I think them at best a necessary evil. That conversation can happen on another day. On the rest, I basically agree - vote the bums out. Seek/create/advance anti-corruption candidates. That's all great. At a separate event. In fact, an anti-corruption rally sounds great, too. It might even get a broad swath of people to show up.

But if I'm at a pro-2A rally, that's all I want to be at.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury...

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our ... brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us... We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations... They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity..., and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

You answered yourself in your own response. There is no "thinking like us."

You like Unions; I think them at best a necessary evil. That conversation can happen on another day. On the rest, I basically agree - vote the bums out. Seek/create/advance anti-corruption candidates. That's all great. At a separate event. In fact, an anti-corruption rally sounds great, too. It might even get a broad swath of people to show up.

But if I'm at a pro-2A rally, that's all I want to be at.
I don’t deny a pro 2A should be about that only. I just find them useless in Massachusetts at this point. It’s a few dozen people spinning their wheels and pissing into the wind. We need to get the political/legislative body more to the middle of the road before any pro 2A event can have any worthwhile meaning. And I don’t like unions. But like you said a necessary evil.

A lot of cries against Soros, Bloomberg, and others on the side of evil. So, where is the money on the 2A side? Why aren't there organizations fund raising and seeking out wealthy benefactors to help the cause? Anybody know?

Back
Top Bottom