Another Linsky special: H.2486 all approved safety courses include live-fire training MA

It's how it goes in RI and CT, correct? In RI, you have to qualify with the 'biggest caliber' at the range for the range test and your second amendment permission card lets you have whatever guns beneath that caliber number. Lol. Go qualify with a soft shooting full sized .45ACP and then go out and buy a .44 mag yeah ok. In CT the NRA basic pistol required class usually the instructors let you plink a couple shots with a 22LR Mark II. Bam, you're officially "live fired certified" and ready to own and operate any gun.

More bureaucratic bullshit.

Boy Am I gonna start a shit show with this one….

First things first - f*** Linsky!!! Now, f*** this ridiculous state that says you can take a 4 hour crash course and walk around packing heat. If MA gave a shit about gun safety they would never allow this.

My personal opinion is to do a LTC course that provides a live fire if you have never fired a gun before. I’m not trying to be anti 2A or shitting all over freedom but I think that would be a good idea for somebody who’s never shot before. My dad didn’t teach me to shoot, the Marines did, and spending one week snapping-in at 55 gallon drum with little dog targets all over it in the blazing hot sun f***ing sucked! 😂😂

And I’ll close with f*** Linsky and everything he rights down on paper!

First things first - f*** Linsky!!! Now, f*** this ridiculous state that says you can take a 4 hour crash course and walk around packing heat. If MA gave a shit about gun safety they would never allow this.

My personal opinion is to do a LTC course that provides a live fire if you have never fired a gun before. I’m not trying to be anti 2A or shitting all over freedom but I think that would be a good idea for somebody who’s never shot before. My dad didn’t teach me to shoot, the Marines did, and spending one week snapping-in at 55 gallon drum with little dog targets all over it in the blazing hot sun f***ing sucked! 😂😂

The issue is not whether training in the abstract is a good idea and a smart thing to do (it is). It's whether the State should be allowed to force it on you as a prerequisite to exercising a Constitutional and natural right (they shouldn't).

This is especially true given the historical abuse of the licensing process and its varying requirements, which has been used to prevent/delay people from exercising their rights. Yet another requirement would be yet another reason to say "nein."

And, while you are at it, how many screws we need to screw before we can purchase a screwdriver?
You are a romantic hothead. "Packing heat", LOL [slap]

It is your right, dummy! Don't let it go away!

f*** this ridiculous state that says you can take a 4 hour crash course and walk around packing heat
well.

if it would be accepted that gun ownership is a right, then the role of society is to make sure an every person is trained to execute this right safely.
we have a great instrument for that, it is called a 'school'.

in an evil soviet empire where an every male would have to be sent for 2 years to serve, all last years of a high school you would have a mandatory 'initial military preparation' class.
that is where an every person including girls would learn how to handle a weapon safely, how to shoot, how to disassemble an AK47, first open eyes, then blindfolded, how to react to military commands, how to walk, how to turn. and it included an actual shooting practice at the range as well, with both 22lr and then 7.62. with no eye protection and no ear protection.
and all survived it just fine, for generations.

It’s called personal responsibility. Some people have it some people don’t. Got nothing to do with gov letting us do anything. f*** them and f*** your post.

It's how it goes in RI and CT, correct? In RI, you have to qualify with the 'biggest caliber' at the range for the range test and your second amendment permission card lets you have whatever guns beneath that caliber number. Lol. Go qualify with a soft shooting full sized .45ACP and then go out and buy a .44 mag yeah ok. In CT the NRA basic pistol required class usually the instructors let you plink a couple shots with a 22LR Mark II. Bam, you're officially "live fired certified" and ready to own and operate any gun.

More bureaucratic bullshit.
I can't speak to CT, but it's a little different in RI. In RI anyone with a pulse over 18 who is not disqualified under federal law can get a long gun(no FID, no tests, nothing) as long as the barrel is over 16inches. The blue card is simply to purchase a hand gun...it's not a license of any kind. It's a free test and it's really basic...a boy scout with an passing familarity of a bolt action .22 will likely pass. Takes 3-4 weeks to get the "blue card" from DEM. Unlike MA you don't need any special license to purchase/own other than a blue card to buy a hand gun. Pay...wait 7 days. Local PD has to make sure you're not disqualified...but they have very few options to deny you from just owning one. What they can do is make it miserable to carry.

The qualification (190 on an L target at 25 yards I think) is if you want to carry in public (which hopefully SCOTUS will deal with soon). The little known beauty in RI is you don't have to apply in the town you live in. So if you know in EastOverShoe is a green town you go there.

Wasn't live fire required at one time?...Then it stopped being a requirement?...Now it is a requirement again?

I am confused.

This can easily be sabotaged. One might be able to deposit an animatronic horse, pony, or goat in front of Linskys house before the session when the bill is to be introduced. It should distract him long enough to make sure he is too late to reach the state house.

well.

if it would be accepted that gun ownership is a right, then the role of society is to make sure an every person is trained to execute this right safely.
we have a great instrument for that, it is called a 'school'.

in an evil soviet empire where an every male would have to be sent for 2 years to serve, all last years of a high school you would have a mandatory 'initial military preparation' class.
that is where an every person including girls would learn how to handle a weapon safely, how to shoot, how to disassemble an AK47, first open eyes, then blindfolded, how to react to military commands, how to walk, how to turn. and it included an actual shooting practice at the range as well, with both 22lr and then 7.62. with no eye protection and no ear protection.
and all survived it just fine, for generations.
Our schools suck.

View: https://youtu.be/2uMzdElre7M

SECTION 1. Section 131P of Chapter 140 of the General Laws is hereby amended by inserting after the word “curriculum” the following words:- Said curriculum must include a minimum of at least 5 hours of live discharge of firearms, rifles, and shotguns at a license gun club, including the discharge of at least 50 rounds of ammunition.
No, just no!
And the 5 hours and 50 rounds, that's effectively an added tax on people's time and money, beyond the current licensing taxes, which is discriminatory practice (besides being unconsitutional).
F' you Linksy and the horse you rode in on.

No, just no!
And the 5 hours and 50 rounds, that's effectively an added tax on people's time and money, beyond the current licensing taxes, which is discriminatory practice (besides being unconsitutional).
F' you Linksy and the horse you rode in on.

The way the things are going we will need some ammo protection from .gov [crying][crying] 50 rounds could be your mortgage payment soon!

When I moved down here to NC, the CCW class they make you take does include live fire. Over the course of the class you shoot about fifty or a hundred rounds, and X % have to hit the targets.

One small, not-born-here woman was having issues with the classroom (she couldn't translate what he was saying in her head and had problems understanding a lot), and definitely had problems staying on target. They invited her to re-take the class, as they would not "pass" her based on how she did that day. So in more than zero cases, the live fire requirement did its job of protecting the rest of us from someone who probably ought not to have her hands on a lethal weapon.

That said, Linsky's a giant douche (or maybe he's the turd sandwich), and should just go away and leave gun owners alone.

I think that all reporters need CSE Common Sense and Ethics training. 50 Clock hours minimum with a written exam to demonstrate competency./S (just in case you missed the sarcasm)

I do believe that training is a good idea for all gun owners but should never be a requirement. Once you put requirements on a right it is No longer a right and the adding of requirements and qualifiers never ends.

Bob

When I moved down here to NC, the CCW class they make you take does include live fire. Over the course of the class you shoot about fifty or a hundred rounds, and X % have to hit the targets.

The class I took in 2013? in Harnett County only had a 30 round check the block live fire. It was also dark out, lol.

When I was a NM state approved instructor, their 15 hour class (really) required 25 round live fire and scoring with the largest caliber revolver or semi you would carry. I always brought extra .45ACP ammo and a 625 and 1911. If they chose to, they could then carry anything of a lesser caliber.

It turns out that, if you haven’t been diagnosed with a mental illness, and if you’re not a felon or a drug abuser, you can buy a gun in Massachusetts and carry it around with you, concealed on your person, without having fired that gun or any other gun. Ever.

This is a lie

One small, not-born-here woman was having issues with the classroom (she couldn't translate what he was saying in her head and had problems understanding a lot), and definitely had problems staying on target. They invited her to re-take the class, as they would not "pass" her based on how she did that day. So in more than zero cases, the live fire requirement did its job of protecting the rest of us from someone who probably ought not to have her hands on a lethal weapon.

That said, Linsky's a giant douche (or maybe he's the turd sandwich), and should just go away and leave gun owners alone.
When I was a NM state approved instructor, their 15 hour class (really) required 25 round live fire and scoring with the largest caliber revolver or semi you would carry. I always brought extra .45ACP ammo and a 625 and 1911. If they chose to, they could then carry anything of a lesser caliber.
You guys posting these as if you think they're good stories? Asking for a friend.

It turns out that, if you haven’t been diagnosed with a mental illness, and if you’re not a felon or a drug abuser, you can buy a gun in Massachusetts and carry it around with you, concealed on your person, without having fired that gun or any other gun. Ever.

This is a lie

what's inaccurate about it? I got my LTC in MA before ever shooting a gun other than a .22 in boy scouts.

what's inaccurate about it? I got my LTC in MA before ever shooting a gun other than a .22 in boy scouts.
Isn’t a mandatory training course you got to get in order to apply for LTC include a live fire session? I see long line to range 1 at MFS all the time they do that class there.

Isn’t a mandatory training course you got to get in order to apply for LTC include a live fire session? I see long line to range 1 at MFS all the time they do that class there.

The NRA "Basic firearms home safety" class I took prior to getting my MA-LTC (unrestricted), in 2009, did not require any of us had ever touched a gun before getting our license.

Lets not be silly. Plenty of people have restricted licenses that can not CARRY and many people get denied or restricted BEFORE a felony

It's a lie of omission. Yes, technically one could own and carry a gun without ever having fired one, but in reality the process is much more involved than the statement makes it seem. For example, it leaves out the parts that one must be deemed suitable and be licensed.

Back
Top Bottom