Another Linsky special: H.2486 all approved safety courses include live-fire training MA

Has anyone asked Linsky, and is there an answer to, "What problem does this proposed new live-fire requirement solve?"

We all know it's bullshit, and just adds cost and complexity to an already costly and overly-complex licensing system. But why is he saying it should even be a requirement?

----------------------------

Edited to add:

My question is still valid. The 18 year-old from Montana wasn't able to bring his handgun to MA due to any "loophole." Without a valid MA LTC (which he'd need to be 21 to get), he was not legally allowed to bring it to MA. There was no loophole. And even if he had live-fire training requirement, how would it have prevented this or any other shooting?
Your second answered your first.

If join dates on a web forum count for anything, does that mean you've been a pussy regarding your inalienable rights since 7/10/2016?
Nope, Im just not a keyboard commando like you and I don’t write any article of the Bill of Rights down trying to come off like I’m wicked Smaht.

Last edited:
Nope, Im just not I keyboard commando like you and I don’t write any article of the Bill of Rights down trying to come off like I’m wicked Smaht.

Lol dude can you just give it a rest? your only purpose in writing what you did was to piss someone off. christ. *facepalm*

Lol dude can you just give it a rest? your only purpose in writing what you did was to piss someone off. christ. *facepalm*
Lol, come on Doc…I’m just having some fun with the Lad😂. See post #102. Wasn’t trying to piss anyone off. There’s way too many sensitive ppl on here that can’t handle a difference in opinion and resort to BS posts and then can’t handle what they dish out.

for something like the ma basic hunter education course, is that going to require live fire?
Volunteer instructors now have to hand out live rounds to the people who are taking that course?

sounds like the number of volunteer instructors may suddenly drop, if the law requires this now.
That would require a HUGE shift, as many HE courses are taught at places that don't have shooting facilities (MassWildlife's HQ, for instance).

The "Firearms" in the HE courses that I've been involved with are deactivated props, anyways. So the .gov would have to buy real guns! [laugh]

Lol, come on Doc…I’m just having some fun with the Lad😂. See post #102. Wasn’t trying to piss anyone off. There’s way too many sensitive ppl on here that can’t handle a difference in opinion and resort to BS posts and then can’t handle what they dish out.

You've had your panties in a twist for the four pages, see #40/42/48.

For a guy who likes to think there's too many sensitive people around here, you sure seem incapable of dealing with actual differences in opinion.

That would require a HUGE shift, as many HE courses are taught at places that don't have shooting facilities (MassWildlife's HQ, for instance).

The "Firearms" in the HE courses that I've been involved with are deactivated props, anyways. So the .gov would have to buy real guns! [laugh]
I know. that is my point, i can not find the exact wording of this bill, but i suspect the unintended consequence would be to make getting a basic hunter education course IMPOSSIBLE if it were to pass.
I can tell you the students in my last hunter education class swept the crowd more than once with those Dummy Rifles! Now we are giving them real gunz??? Loaded???

I know. that is my point, i can not find the exact wording of this bill, but i suspect the unintended consequence would be to make getting a basic hunter education course IMPOSSIBLE if it were to pass.
I can tell you the students in my last hunter education class swept the crowd more than once with those Dummy Rifles! Now we are giving them real gunz??? Loaded???
Meh.

Students in a Basic Anything course don't have the skills that experienced people do. You think that someone fresh out of NRA Basic Pistol or Home Firearm Safety are any further along than the new folks in a HE course?

I tell the students, "If you make a mistake, no biggie, you're new to it. My kid sweeps? Smack to the head." [laugh] I started saying that when my kid was helping teach the course, having got his NRA credentials at 13.

The real question is what was done, when the student muzzle swept the class? It takes a while to get to the point, where you don't. [wink]

Meh.

Students in a Basic Anything course don't have the skills that experienced people do. You think that someone fresh out of NRA Basic Pistol or Home Firearm Safety are any further along than the new folks in a HE course?

I tell the students, "If you make a mistake, no biggie, you're new to it. My kid sweeps? Smack to the head." [laugh] I started saying that when my kid was helping teach the course, having got his NRA credentials at 13.

The real question is what was done, when the student muzzle swept the class? It takes a while to get to the point, where you don't. [wink]
if its your kid, its a 20 minute time out to think about it. if it is some adult in the class, you make sure he knows what he inadvertently did, and the public humiliation is probably enough

if its your kid, its a 20 minute time out to think about it. if it is some adult in the class, you make sure he knows what he inadvertently did, and the public humiliation is probably enough
Well, my kid that I was referencing was one of the Instructors, so there was a higher bar. [laugh]

I make a point never to publicly humiliate a student; they're (mostly) adults, and a quiet, "You know, that was not the thing to do," works wonders. If someone at the Trap field doesn't follow the safety/etiquette WRT open actions, I'll give them up to (3) polite, discreet reminders. THEN, I become a Range Nazi, mit durm und strang! [rofl]

I got bored after first two pages, so apologies if this got in last three pages-

Illinois carry permit requires the first permission slip (FOID card for possession), finger-prints (if you don’t want to wait a year for processing) and 16 hours of class including live fire proficiency testing. NRA basic pistol certification allows you to skip first day.

It’s prohibitive in cost and time for many poor and working class people.

“GTFOOM” would be my kind advice. If you choose to come north, please leave your entitlement and expectations to costly state and municipal government services at the border. The free cash flow available to anyone with a brain in NH is outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom