Another poaching incident

Not a hunter. But on the .22 thing is it because of the noise and time? In a case like this Would someone be poaching for money or just because they do not care to be licensed?

Maybe it was a Spitfire
They should have used crossbows

Last edited:
Not a hunter. But on the .22 thing is it because of the noise and time? In a case like this Would someone be poaching for money or just because they do not care to be licensed?

I'm not sure if this is the reason or not, but some people have stated that they think it might have to do with deer poachers. If you could hunt coyote at night with a shotgun or larger caliber rifle, deer poachers could just say they're coyote hunting if stopped and questioned, assuming they don't have a carcass in their possession.

Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.

I mean, you would think there was some other nefarious activity. If it was my bog I’d be happy to let you take the yotes. . Maybe a liberal neighbor called? What am I thinking we know it was a Karen.

I'm not sure if this is the reason or not, but some people have stated that they think it might have to do with deer poachers. If you could hunt coyote at night with a shotgun or larger caliber rifle, deer poachers could just say they're coyote hunting if stopped and questioned, assuming they don't have a carcass in their possession.

This a typical Mass. Div of Fakers and Wankers "just in case law" If you read the section of law in regards to night hunting. You will see the thinking process.

There’s probably been more deer poached with a .22 than all other calibers combined over the years

I'm not sure if this is the reason or not, but some people have stated that they think it might have to do with deer poachers.
And regards to hunting with aid of artificial light...One of the rules of gun safety is to identify your target. Tough to identify your target if you can’t see it.

You can use artificial light when hunting raccoon and opossum. Fox, coyote and rabbit are other game animals that can be hunted at night but not with the aid of artificial light. Makes sense.

Last edited:
They should have used crossbows
You need a crossbow permit to hunt with one

You can hunt with a shotgun at night but it's a joke can't use anything larger than FF shot(.23) which doesn't exist.
If you load your own shells you can buy loose F shot, then there's the ridiculous priced Dead Coyote T shot, steel BBB or #2 lead at .15
#4 buck(.24) "was" readily available everywhere for cheap but stupidly illegal

You can use artificial light when hunting raccoon and opossum. Fox, coyote and rabbit are other game animals that can be hunted at night, but not with the aid of artificial light. Makes sense.

You lost me. What makes sense?

Yeah, I thought of the shotgun part after I posted it. Either way, deciphering all the parts of the regs and the reasoning behind them are difficult at best.
It's friggin rediculous for an invasive nuisance species to have so many regulations especially all the most recent changes to appease the bleeding heart libtards

You lost me. What makes sense?
That is the issue of many of the Regulations that the Div. of Fakers and Wankers have. You wouldn't believe how many bad regulations that they have. The people that have run that agency have their heads so far up their rectum that they need glass stomachs to see where they are going. Just remember the "Rattle Snake Guy".

I think most people even non hunters agree these laws are stupid, I think they have more to do with preventing deer poaching.
Poaching is a Law Enforcement issue, not a biologist issue. Their job is to "Manage" the wildlife, making just in case, feel good regulations is not "Wildlife Management"

$30,000.00 wasted on a couple guys Coyote hunting. Great Job Massachusetts. I could have used the helicopter to track the a$$hole that shot past me at over 100 mph on the Mass Pike today.

Gotta wonder how this guy got caught. I am thinking a neighbor turned him in.

It's a pandemic!

When to Call the Game Warden | Outdoor Life

" Once, while checking permitted beaver traps (in Fairbanks) with an AK fish and game employee, we were approached tactically by city police officers. They were called and told that we were shooting in a highly populated area (and who knows what else). After we cleared things up with the cops, we got back to our truck and found state wildlife troopers waiting for us because the same person had also called them and told them an even different story. "

Back
Top Bottom