• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anti gun people criticize mall hero

I could see Simon Group wanting a charge of some sort on trespassing for PR sake, but I don't see that coming. I think he will be free legally but will deal with it mentally for the rest of his life.

Their HQ is literally just down the street from the mall.

He could only be charged with trespassing if Mall Security had already asked him to leave and he refused. Gun Free Zone signage in Indiana does not have the force of law. The property owner can only request that the person carrying leave the premisses and if they don’t, then they can be charged with trespass.
I heard today it was a 40 yard shot.
Yup, he engaged at 40 yards and then moved in on the shooter. Fired a total of ten rounds and the shooter was till moving back to restroom before he collapsed.

Two take aways:
  1. Thanks to Jon Green of GOAL, who trained me to practice at least some long range shots with my EDC (as long as 100 yards) since “You never know how far away you’ll need to engage a threat".
  2. He fired 10 rounds and the guy was still moving. So much for the “No civilian will ever need more than 10 rounds in their magazine."

We used to do this drill at some of our Hopkinton practices.

Set up one self resetting pepper popper at 100 years (the kind that pivots on its axis when hit)

Everyone lines up 15 yards and in turn takes one shot. If you hit the popper, stay hot. If not, unload and show clear to the person next to you and leave the line.

Move back 15 yards and repeat.

Goal was to be able to make your final hit from 100 yard line.

I don't think that's a shot I could make. Impressive as hell. Plus a cute girlfriend.

I've been shooting red dots for competition the two years or so, basically because my eye sight isn't getting any better, and I wasn't hitting solidly enough with irons. I transitioned my carry gun to a red dot about a year ago because I thought about it a lot - and determined that I was better off with a platform that I was most familiar with - and if I needed my carry gun - I NEEDED to be able to hit what I was shooting at.

I know I can hit IDPA sized targets at 35 yards with a dot, because I've done so. Under real life stress - I don't know - hope not to have to find out.

Suggest you work on your sarcasm recognition skills :D

No connection to the plumbing trade other than my father in law (RIP) and my dentist, although he let his license lapse but renewed his dental license.
Right over my head! Sorry man, but dumfuk "plumbers" are a sore spot with me. Had the Plumbing inspector stop by the mall a few years ago, middle of the day during Christmas shopping time, obviously shopping on the taxpayers dime, notices 3 faucets had been changed in the men's room. Asks the GM if they pulled a permit. GM says we don't have to. Inspector says, "that's tempered water, so you do". Drop the unit in, tighten the nuts and reconnect one line, is all that's involved. Made us hire a "licensed plumber" to confirm the 3 lines were connected correctly! Bill...$300 to see if any water was dripping.

I've been shooting red dots for competition the two years or so, basically because my eye sight isn't getting any better, and I wasn't hitting solidly enough with irons. I transitioned my carry gun to a red dot about a year ago because I thought about it a lot - and determined that I was better off with a platform that I was most familiar with - and if I needed my carry gun - I NEEDED to be able to hit what I was shooting at.

I know I can hit IDPA sized targets at 35 yards with a dot, because I've done so. Under real life stress - I don't know - hope not to have to find out.

Might be worth trying.

NAA Mini with T-1 Red Dot (b).JPG

I heard today it was a 40 yard shot.

He could only be charged with trespassing if Mall Security had already asked him to leave and he refused. Gun Free Zone signage in Indiana does not have the force of law. The property owner can only request that the person carrying leave the premisses and if they don’t, then they can be charged with trespass.

Yup, he engaged at 40 yards and then moved in on the shooter. Fired a total of ten rounds and the shooter was till moving back to restroom before he collapsed.

Two take aways:
  1. Thanks to Jon Green of GOAL, who trained me to practice at least some long range shots with my EDC (as long as 100 yards) since “You never know how far away you’ll need to engage a threat".
  2. He fired 10 rounds and the guy was still moving. So much for the “No civilian will ever need more than 10 rounds in their magazine."

This kid is a badass.

My only question, surprised it hasn’t come up yet, red dot or irons? What did he have?

40 yards with no dot is very impressive, but he does have those 22 year old eyes.

Just wondering how this would be treated if it had been Braintree Mall…
I would expect Braintree PD to try to figure out something to charge him with.

I know and like the Norfolk Cty DA, so I would hope that he wouldn't have gone after a person who did what this guy did.

Back when the Covid thing started, first responders and hospital workers were being consistently hailed as "heroes".

But then when the narrative changed, people were demanding & criticizing about better hospital care, emergency services, and calling for LEO to be defunded (or worse).
It didn't take long for those "Hero's" to start getting shitcanned like yesterday's garbage for not taking the clot shot either.
No good deed goes unpunished.

When they do, they'll find something he scrawled into his high school yearbook or wrote on an English essay that is proof enough for those knuckleheads. All they need is a SOROS backed prosecutor to ignore all law and precedent and go after him. Hell if that guy made an AR15 macaroni picture in kindergarten that's a felony to them. It's just a matter of finding a prosecutor willing to grind the kid down. We have one sided justice right now.
I agree. The question is its Indiana....... non Illinois, or the Northeast. I have no idea what the AG or DA is politically, but likely Republican. And even if they weren't, they would pretty much be taking on a losing case and getting shit flinged at them daily, and commiting career and lawyer suicide until they lose their job. Soros would have to not only back them, but be willing to give them a job after their shitshow of a trial would finish and they lost all credibility in the lawyer field. There is no protection for them in a state like Indiana. Because for sure their case would end up being worse than Rittenhouse.

Depending where you live we have one sided justice........there is still common sense out there in a lot of places. Just about every time i travel...I find it. Being from
MA we are jilted into realizing we will NEVER have it, and having to live with that fact stains our reality. Also living with the reality that shitheads like Hunter Biden get to walk free dirty as hell stains our legal system. I get it.

Travel down south or midwest and you realize most people are not idiots like we have in the majority of our state. The reality that Rittenhouse got off, only proves that more and more.
And these social media idiots, Biden campaign, and the big companies that opened their traps are going to pay dearly to Kyle and his law team. Not many out there are willing to take a
multi million dollar beating. They are certainly going to think twice about it, unless they feel their case is rock solid. AR15 macaroni pictures aren't going to cut it anymore.

Last edited:
I don't think that's a shot I could make. Impressive as hell. Plus a cute girlfriend.
I think you might be surprised. We all go to the range and get mad at ourselves if we shoot groups bigger than 6" at 50', but the truth is that is plenty accurate if shooting at a man sized target.
I regularly ring steel at 100yards without much difficulty. Depending on the gun, it may take a couple of shots to "walk it in" but once you figure out where to hold... DING.
What makes it impressive is doing it with your adrenaline pumping and heart pounding.
Anyone know what he was carrying? I hope it was a .40!

Anyone know what he was carrying? I hope it was a .40!
wm_7794866.jpg

No. Not really. But imagine the faces NES would make.

Two take aways:

I think the current number is 30 yards, but that doesn't diminish what he did.

And he fired 10, eight hit, and that was sufficient.

Your #2 point is still valid though, he's not the center of the bell curve. Most of us would have to be closer, and need more ammo.

Initial autopsy report said the gunman was hit 8 times.

8/10 shots were hits…. In 15 seconds from the first gunman shots…. From 40 yards away.

Police average 35% hits, so he’s beating that by more than double.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the distance changed with more info, but 40 yards is believable given the scale of open spaces in malls.

8/10 shots were hits…. In 15 seconds from the first gunman shots…. From 40 yards away.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the distance changed with more info, but 40 yards is believable given the scale of open spaces in malls.
I also have to say that shooting under stress is much different then shooting a target at the range. I think this is very impressive… I really can’t say I would be able to do anything like that… with over 40 years of shooting but zero combat experience. Some people are just cool under pressure!

8/10, 15 seconds, at 40 yards after getting his GF to safety? That is some real hand of God shit.

Elisjsha Dicken Stops a Mass Shooting​

Permitless carry for gun use took effect July 1 in Indiana. Did it save the day?​

From today's WSJ.

"Police have now identified Elisjsha Dicken as the 22-year-old who stopped a mass shooting Sunday evening at an Indiana mall. At 5:56 p.m., a 20-year-old attacker exited a mall bathroom and began shooting a rifle into a food court. Three people were killed. Two others were wounded, including a 12-year-old girl. Yet it’s horrific to imagine how much worse this could have been.

The attacker, whose name we won’t give more notoriety, had several magazines and over 100 rounds of ammunition. He’d spent two years practicing at a firing range. But police said that Mr. Dicken swiftly drew his own pistol and engaged. He was at the mall in Greenwood, south of Indianapolis, shopping with his girlfriend, and he was legally carrying his weapon. Police recovered 24 rifle rounds, plus 10 from Mr. Dicken’s handgun.
Thanks to his quick action, the mass shooting ended within seconds. “I will say his actions were nothing short of heroic,” said Greenwood Police Chief James Ison. “He engaged the gunman from quite a distance with a handgun, was very proficient in that, very tactically sound, and as he moved to close in on the suspect, he was also motioning for people to exit behind him. To our knowledge, he has no police training and no military background.”

Mr. Dicken hasn’t spoken to the media yet, as far as we know, and not much else is public. “He is requesting you give him time to process and grieve,” Mr. Ison told the press. When he’s ready, give him the keys to the city. Going by the story police are telling, Mr. Dicken put himself in grave danger to save the lives of possibly dozens of strangers.

Mr. Dicken hasn’t spoken to the media yet, as far as we know, and not much else is public. “He is requesting you give him time to process and grieve,” Mr. Ison told the press. When he’s ready, give him the keys to the city. Going by the story police are telling, Mr. Dicken put himself in grave danger to save the lives of possibly dozens of strangers.

Only four months ago, Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb signed a bill to allow carrying a handgun in public without a permit. Mr. Holcomb said the legislation, which took effect July 1, “entrusts Hoosiers who can lawfully carry a handgun to responsibly do so within our state.” One of those Hoosiers appears to have been Mr. Dicken. “We could not find that he had a permit,” Mr. Ison said. “He was carrying legally under the constitutional carry law.”

Many details remain hazy. The attacker’s motive hasn’t been established. Family members said he was in the process of being evicted. He apparently threw his cellphone into the mall toilet. The oven in his apartment was set to a high temperature and contained a laptop and a can of butane. In days to come, the public will learn more about how he purchased his guns and whether there were missed red flags.

But the police chief couldn’t have been clearer about Mr. Dicken’s heroism. “Many more people would have died,” Mr. Ison said, “if not for a responsible armed citizen that took action very quickly.” That’s worth meditating on for states like New York, which are trying to make it all but impossible for responsible gun owners to take their weapons anywhere in public."

The Left always prefers sympathetic dead victims to survivors. Especially if the survivors eliminate the threat themselves. Ignore the Twits on Twitter.

People who are afraid of being bitten by a snake, struck by lightning or attacked by a shark are unimpressed with logic or statistics. Their minds will not be changed. Many anti-gun people are like that. Trying to reason or argue with them will not work.

Fifteen seconds from the attacker‘s initial shot until he was down, with 10 shots fired by The Hero, That’s a pretty quick OODA loop.

View attachment 640080
That is an extraordinarily short amount of time to react, since he must have sprung into action without any appreciable delay. Maybe his mental readiness to accept that a mass shooting was in progress was improved by being new to concealed carry and also being out on a date--the possibility of it occurring had already crossed his mind for no statistically better reason than a person might think about winning the lottery after buying a ticket. And kudos to him for letting his lawyer do all the talking.

Whether 30 or 40 yards (or even 50’), 8 out of 10 is fine shooting.
Yep - obviously not firing each round and looking over his sights to assess hits. First hits usually win, they say. COM/Head shots in first rounds fired are nice, but any shots on target count.

Wonder if he followed the attacker’s fall to the ground and kept firing until empty? Unless he had a 10rd mag with an empty chamber, probably not a mag dump. It probably took time to register he’d downed the attacker and he just kept on target pulling the trigger.

My last qualifier, I only knew I’d either missed completely or dropped them all in the black ring. Feedback (visual/audible) is good.

What I was told from an instructor who had been in a gunfight is that you won’t know whether you hit or not. It isn’t Hollywood — you won’t see your hits on the perp. He stops or he doesn’t stop; that’s the only feedback you can expect. So keep shooting until he stops or you run out of ammo.

Back
Top Bottom