Antique Armory-Middleboro, MA

Pleasantly surprised with this shop. East to get to, clean, neat, great selection, and friendly. Owner was eager to talk, explain, and handle any and all questions I had. If in the area, I highly recomend you stop in.

The gun shop is located upstairs. The antique shop ( Spring Brook Treasures ) is on the first floor, and it is adjacent to a house, not a commercial location. There is no sign outside indicating a gun shop is located here. I walked in and thought I was in the wrong place.

Nice shop, very friendly owner. Small shop, but I was surprised at the amount of guns and accessories. Well worth a stop. And if you also like antiques, they have a nice selection. Bring your significant other, let him/her browse the antiques while you check out the guns.
Their business card states hours are Wed - Sun, 10 am - 5 pm, but I would call first.

I've purchased 4 guns from him and he's over an hour away from me. Ted is a former LEO and a really nice guy. Can't say enough good things about him. He has a mixed bag in terms of the types of guns he sells. Lots of antique and modern mixed in. Just have to take your time looking.

Definitely let him know you heard about him through here.

The Antique Armory Best off the beaten path gun shop

Hey I just wanted to put this out there for all to see.
If you love to talk about guns or look at real nice Military surplus type of rifles, or hell even get the best deal around on many different types of shotguns then I want to let everyone know about
Antique Armory in Middleboro. They also have a nice little stock of hanguns and can get almost anything you need.
I wanted to mention this shop because I have been treated so good there that it really is one of the best around. The owner has a true old school attitude and always makes you feel welcome.
There are many many nice rifles that you will not see anywhere else and the price seems to be a bit less than most others.
Examples would be Garands, Mousers, Browning lever actions, even a Glock 21 for less than I have ever seen in a shop.
The main point here is DON'T PASS THIS ONE BY, You will be surprised at what you will find and the service can't be beat.
Thanks
Dan
P.S. Forgot to mention that this shop is listed on the NES forum so you can get directions and all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. I've never been to the shop, but based on your comments, I'll be sure to make a trip down.

BTW, I've been searching for a Mouser for ever, and no one seems to have them! [wink]

This is an awesome idea for thread. Once Ray (milsurps4me) and I finish hitting every mapped gun shop in MA, I'm sure we'll have a few to add.

From the first leg of our trip I think Zenks was my favorite. It's in the Uxbridge area if I remember right, a lot of older reasonably priced long guns. Worth checking out if you're in the neighborhood.

This is an awesome idea for thread. Once Ray (milsurps4me) and I finish hitting every mapped gun shop in MA, I'm sure we'll have a few to add.

From the first leg of our trip I think Zenks was my favorite. It's in the Uxbridge area if I remember right, a lot of older reasonably priced long guns. Worth checking out if you're in the neighborhood.

5 posts down http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69124&page=2

Definitely worth checking out if you're looking for .22 target pistols!

What was the place with the Golds Gym type folks and tons of AR accessories?

Ted is definately a gentleman, and has a great selection of firearms, ammo, and willing to order if he doesn't have what your looking for.[smile]

Road Trip report:
Made it out to Antique Armory today. First of all he needs a sign that says "Gun Shop Upstairs". I walked in and no one was there it was all antiques. So I walked out and looked at the sign again and went back in and saw the stairs and found the guns. Nice shop and very friendly.

I also hit C&F guns. Friendly as usual.

And at Middleboro (I should have know better by now) gun shop I walked in and myself and another guy who was already in there were completly ignored for about 10 minutes. Then he looked at me shrugged his shoulders and left followed by me.

Hit Stricklands on the way home. He seems to be down on inventory. The rack behind the counter where the long guns usually are was pretty bare.

I really like Stricklands...too bad inventory is down. I will have to stop in and see Ron this week one day. One of my favorite shops ever. I will never step foot back into Middleboro or Richies.

The Antique Armory

Ted Finnegan

64 East Main st
Middleboro MA 02346 Hours:Wed-sun 10am to 5pm

I just found this store thanks to a member of NES.
Ted is a great guy who has been in business for 5 years I never new he was their and I go to Reedys archery all the time which is 2 min away.

Ted has a large array of guns for a small shop ranging from the very old to brand new and muzzleloder to AR AK type guns. He also has some rare (in MA) Guns and all at really great prices.

If your in th area give him a shot his store is above a antique shop which give the significant others not in to guns something to look at. It's also nice to have a shop to go to that has Sunday hours.

'Just need to chime in for Ted too!
I stopped in today and spent quite a bit of time just battin' the breeze.
Ted is very personable and very knowledgeable.
He makes you feel welcome and not like an inconvenience.

He's got more than a few rifles and pistols I think I'm going to set aside for.

Most interesting was to see how humble and flattered he was to see that so many have put him on the level as Four Seasons.

Great guy, great shop!

Last edited:
he has a few older 1911s I been eye balling, my daughter also wants to see the "ducky"
stuffed pheasant that he has there. I have been in there a few times now. Daughter in tow.

Personally I make my rounds ACME ARMORMENT, CF guns, Antigue Armoury....Antigue is getting my next mad money

just found Antique Armory thanks to this site, stopped by to take a look at what he has,was not in the market for a gun but ya know how that is, he had one there that caught my eye, now i have a new gun in my collection, great guy nice shop.........

just found Antique Armory thanks to this site, stopped by to take a look at what he has,was not in the market for a gun but ya know how that is, he had one there that caught my eye, now i have a new gun in my collection, great guy nice shop.........

So, whatjaget?

I visited Antique Armory after a friend of mine, who used to work with the owner, recommended it to me. The owner was very friendly and easy to talked to. He had alot of long guns and a good amount of handguns. I purchased a S&W 642 in mint condition with laser grip for what I feel was a reasonable price. He also threw in 50 rounds of target ammo and 20 rounds of personal protection ammo. I returned a few weeks later to have night sights installed on my Glock 23. When he finished I asked what I did I owe him and he told me to get out of here. Most places charge about $40. I can't promise everyone will get hooked up like that, but I have to give Antique Amory two thumbs up and recommend everyone check it out.

Back
Top Bottom