Any experience with this range bag?

Sorry, I can't comment on the quality of the Leapers product, but I can say that I have the same size bag, by a different manufacturer, and the problem I have is, everything but the kitchen sink ends up in it on my range trips...WAY too heavy! [smile]

Bill

Thats what I need, a big bag. Since my wife shoots with me I end up having to pack for 2 with each of us bringing 2 or 3 guns each. I guess that's a decent problem to have.

Thats what I need, a big bag. Since my wife shoots with me I end up having to pack for 2 with each of us bringing 2 or 3 guns each. I guess that's a decent problem to have.

I shoot with my husband also, but I have my own bag. It is easier for everyone involved.. :)
(I have no experience with the bag posted, but it looks decent)

I use a Mike's that I bought at Four Seasons. I usually have 3 or 4 types of ammo in it and my spare magazines, staple gun, eyes, ears, a few basic tools, speed loader and maybe a gun or 2 and carry out my spent brass at the end. It can get heavy so sometimes I carry the guns seperate but it is well built and not expensive.

FYI, I understand your frustration. I waited it out for the Midway range bag. I think it was almost 3 months before it came in. But I snagged it on sale.

It's a pretty awesome bag. Easily carries two guns, holsters, spare muffs, tons of ammo, targets, mags, stapler, room for more. (Just make my hubby carry it. [smile])

The only very minor thing is...when loaded down (and I mean loaded) the shoulder strap will slip to fully extended.

But it's very well made with heavy duty zippers & hardware.

I can't tell you how many times I had other range bags in my hand for 2x the price that were half the size and put them down. It just sux having the wait.

I have the same bag and love it. There is enough room to store what ever you want. The inside has to padded zipped up area's for hand guns with spaces for the magazines as shown in the picture. There is a huge pocket pretty much the size of the bag on one side and two smaller pockets on the other side. This bag is highly recommended by me. Ive had it for over a year and have put tons of weight in it and it has held up great. Worth the money.

I have the bag from Midway and stopped using it. Way to heavy because I couldn't resist the urge to keep putting things in it.

I got a rolling tool bag at Lowes it's great. It's a lot better than a range bag and it holds the same amount of stuff.

AWP Rolling Cargo Tool Bag
Item #: 121002 | Model #: 1L-22322-1
$49.98

I have the bag from Midway and stopped using it. Way to heavy because I couldn't resist the urge to keep putting things in it.

I got a rolling tool bag at Lowes it's great. It's a lot better than a range bag and it holds the same amount of stuff.

AWP Rolling Cargo Tool Bag
Item #: 121002 | Model #: 1L-22322-1
$49.98

Bugsy makes sense. I'm gonna check that one out myself.

Bill

Pretty sure Scrivener has been using the rolling toolbox for years. I remember him recommending the idea some time back.

I prefer to use one lockable box for my pistols and a separate bag for ammo and range gear.

Chris

It is true that the large bags can quickly get overloaded and heavy. I have the spectrum of bags from a Bob Allen range bag (Walmart about $20) to 5.11 Range bag (online $90). I setup each bag for a differnet shooting discipline so I don't have to monkey with swapping gear and I can grab and go. It is really a personal preference an how you envision it being used.

Check out http://www.onthegobackpacks.com and http://www.lapolicegear.com. They both sell 5.11, Maxpedition and La Police Gear sells there own knock offs for much less. They often have closeouts on name brands and deals like free bail out bag with a purchase of 5.11 pants. This is a good size bag I also own http://www.lapolicegear.com/5tapagebagod.html

FYI, I understand your frustration. I waited it out for the Midway range bag. I think it was almost 3 months before it came in. But I snagged it on sale.

It's a pretty awesome bag. Easily carries two guns, holsters, spare muffs, tons of ammo, targets, mags, stapler, room for more. (Just make my hubby carry it. [smile])

The only very minor thing is...when loaded down (and I mean loaded) the shoulder strap will slip to fully extended.

But it's very well made with heavy duty zippers & hardware.

I can't tell you how many times I had other range bags in my hand for 2x the price that were half the size and put them down. It just sux having the wait.

That's my only complaint with the bag. That shoulder strap really sucks for staying at a set length. I just swapped it out with another one from a laptop case or something I had lying around. Works great now.

I also have the Midway bag, it seemed like a good idea at the time, and for a good price, but as has been said, you will put everything including the kitchen sink in it and it gets HEAVY! I am now looking to go with 2-3 smaller bags separating guns, ammo and accessories. I suppose for some of the stronger fellows around its not a problem, but its not working so well for me. Rolling bag is a good idea, but I would still have to contend with stairs and lifting the full weight all at once.

Back
Top Bottom