Any FFL in or near Cambridge MA for out of state transfer?

They're dicks, go to Collectors.

they are huge dicks.

They won't do transfers, but they will order you something. Back when I was retarded, I ordered a marked up rifle from them. Haven't been back since.

They also have belittled my shopping taste when I've asked them if they had any xxx in stock. These guys certainly know how to run a successful business.

That's not fair. Everyone at LEE has been very good to me.

They're just picky about their clientele because they get yahoos in there all the time.

You just need to show up a few times and gain their trust.
Buy some ammunition from them and talk to Walter a few times.

He'll remember your face and will be happy to help you.

oof. Nevermind- I guess there really is a market for anything. Like paying for "getting treated like shit"

Maybe because BATFE REQUIRES ID info in the FFL's bound book?

Good luck finding someone who'll accept no ID.

Scanning in a DL is no big deal, I'm sure that he could even Email it to the FFL.

The only time I had to provide a copy of my DL was when dealing with a mass FFL. I've sold guns to people all over the country via individual-to-FFL transfers and have never been asked to send a copy of my DL.

It's a ma**h*** thing, I think.

From goal's website

Federal law allows persons to buy rifles and shotguns from a federally licensed dealer in another state, provided all requirements of the buyer’s and seller’s home state are met. Thus, a Massachusetts resident with a Card or License could lawfully purchase rifles and shotguns from gun stores in other states.

However, state law requires that you register that purchase within 7 days of your return to Massachusetts. You would use an FA-10 form, and check off the box on “registration.”

Copies of the FA-10’s are available at many police stations, and through the Firearms Records Bureau at 617-660-4780.

can anyone else confirm if this is legit or is there a risk of a federal felony here, given one DOES file the FA-10?

can anyone else confirm if this is legit or is there a risk of a federal felony here, given one DOES file the FA-10?

You're getting confused. the Remote FFL CANNOT ship the gun to you, PERIOD*, unless it's a repair. All acquisitions must be done IN PERSON at an FFL when getting a new gun. This includes in person at FFLs in another state when discussing full rifles and shotguns. (Handguns, PGO shotguns, and stripped lowers are all state of residence FFL only transfers).

Note also: The FA-10 BS has nothing to do with federal law. You would only need to file an FA-10 if you say, transferred the gun in through a dealer not in MA. If it comes through in MA the dealer does
the FA-10 when transferring it to you.

-Mike

* There is ONE exception- CMP is allowed to ship rifles direct to people as part of their program, but it has its own exemption written into federal law.

Last edited:

An FA-10 is a state form. Filing or not filing an FA-10 has absolutely nothing to do with any federal law.

What, exactly, is your question?

The original posting was concerning a non-FFL shipping a firearm to an out of state FFL, and whether or not two FFLs needed to be involved. That has already been answered -- under federal law, you can ship a firearm directly to an FFL in any state. There might be some state law against this in some states, but I'm not aware of it. Some FFLs won't accept a gun sent to him from an out of state individual.

You can verify this easily by reading the ATF FAQ. Specifically:

Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?
A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Full text here: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html#gca-unlicensed-transfer

Note that in this FAQ, the term "licensee" means an FFL dealer.

If your question is whether a person can purchase a long gun from an out of state FFL dealer, that is also answered in the ATF FAQ:

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?
A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Some states make it illegal for an FFL to sell a long gun to an out of state resident (e.g., MA), and some FFLs won't sell a long gun to an out of state resident.

Last edited:
So they're only dicks until you earn their mystic seal of approval. Gotcha.
Like most gun shops.

I'd just make the trip to Four Seasons. It's less than an hour away and you only have to go there once, but you might find it is good enough to earn return visits. It's not the most popular gun store around for no reason.

Back
Top Bottom