Any love for the Bodyguard? Let's see some photos.

I just picked up an M&P Bodyguard. A little different than the one with a laser. Has th M&P waves knurl on the slide. It's a real looker. I haven't shot it yet, but I'm marveling at the design and quality. I'm looking for a good pocket holster for it so if you have any recommendations then thanks in advance.

Last edited:
bodyguard_xlg.jpg

Fits great in my pocket while rocking my country club or work attire. No issues for me at the range yet. Fits the bill for my needs.

It's a Great Summer carry gun. It disappears in the pocket of pants/shorts. It's trigger is GREAT for ensuring you have a nice smooth trigger pull and strengthens your finger muscles by moving the double action only heavy heavy trigger.

tl;dr Had one, sold it, don't miss it.

It's a nice little gun. For me I can't see a use for anything smaller than 9mm. I've never had a situation that I couldn't conceal my Walther P99c even in gym shorts and a t shirt. Even if I wanted a bug it would be a Ruger LCR in 9mm or even an LC9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love mine. Very easy to conceal. I have the laser and it is useless because nobody is gonna turn it on in a personal defense situation. Other than that i love every aspect of it.

I like it. And most importantly trust it. I have never had a problem with mine. I don't know how many rounds I have fired, I guess it's 1500 or so. It always works. I actually like the trigger pull being so long because I never worry about it in the pocket with one in the pipe.

I like it. And most importantly trust it. I have never had a problem with mine. I don't know how many rounds I have fired, I guess it's 1500 or so. It always works. I actually like the trigger pull being so long because I never worry about it in the pocket with one in the pipe.

This x2

Desantis Nemesis or Superfly are popular pocket holsters. Remora makes nice pocket holsters too. The material is VERY grippy so it can be a pain to get in and out of your pocket. Get on the Remora mailing list and wait for a sale. They happen pretty often.

I have body guard with laser. I installed the Galloway trigger kit. BIG difference. Carry in a remora holster. Nice carry gun for summer

I saw an upgrade for the trigger on YouTube. It makes a shorter pull without making it lighter. Mine doesn't have a safety so I see this as an advantage also. I don't think a heavy trigger pull would matter under duress.

- - - Updated - - -

I have body guard with laser. I installed the Galloway trigger kit. BIG difference. Carry in a remora holster. Nice carry gun for summer

That's the video I saw. I may do this at some point.

This. I sent mine to Galloway and had them add in all their internals and trigger work. It was a solid investment for a much improved pistol. I added some Talon Grips and it's good to go. It's become my go-to for carrying while jogging.

No Likey and my brother just bought the LCP custom a week ago and it's just as bad, that new trigger pinches me . Not for me . If I were to grab a small gun like that it would be a Kahr Pm9

I've had one myself(with laser) for over a year now. Had a few issues in the beginning. One or two light strikes with average target ammo, never with self defense hollow points. And the other issue was with the mags causing the slide release to not function properly. S&W was aware of this issue when I called them and they promptly replaced the mag internals. It was a bad batch of followers. After that I never had an issue with the gun. It has about 700 rounds through it now. In fact it took about 400-500 rounds to break in and now it's much much smoother and reliable. No more light strikes with any ammo I use.

I've had one myself(with laser) for over a year now. Had a few issues in the beginning. One or two light strikes with average target ammo, never with self defense hollow points. And the other issue was with the mags causing the slide release to not function properly. S&W was aware of this issue when I called them and they promptly replaced the mag internals. It was a bad batch of followers. After that I never had an issue with the gun. It has about 700 rounds through it now. In fact it took about 400-500 rounds to break in and now it's much much smoother and reliable. No more light strikes with any ammo I use.
One of the reviews I read said they need a little break in. Others claim they shoot right out of the box. I like how you can use a double strike.

One of the reviews I read said they need a little break in. Others claim they shoot right out of the box. I like how you can use a double strike.
I've read the same. It wasn't a bad gun to begin with, but it's a much better gun now. A lot of the bad reviews are from pre-break in performance.

Hot summer days with small pockets in my cloths. I carry the Bodyguard.
If I have more room to carry a little bigger pistol . I prefer my 9mm Shield.

Holding both of them. The Bodyguard fits in your hand making it pack away just about anywhere.

I don't have but a few boxes of ammo threw mine. But they all went off on the first strike.

Mine are the newer M&P marked Bodyguards.

I own two of the Bodyguard and Shield model pistols.
Due to being able to carry more than one gun because of there size.

Back
Top Bottom