Anyone a member of 200 Sportsman Club or Singletary Rod and Gun?

I am moving into the area and both of these clubs are within 5 minutes of my house. Anyone a member at either one? I would love to see what both have to offer. Singletary requires an existing member sponsor and 200 Sportmans says to go down and talk to someone at the clubhouse for membership.

I went to 200 today and talked to a few people there and they werent very helpful. Just wondering how hard it is to get into there?

Any help anyone could give me would be great. Thanks.

Matt

I am looking at joining Singletary as well. It is right up the street from my house, maybe a 4 mile ride. I am just waiting to get up there to take a look at the club.

Here's my 2 cents:

I'm a member at both places. I hate going to the Singletary range because I get harassed constantly by what appears to be old people with nothing better to do than question my membership, who I'm with, etc. Their range is very nice though.

The 200 club is a lot more relaxed and laid back about the matter- their range requires you to go off-road a little bit but it really isn't a big deal. The range is in decent shape- could use some work done to it, though.

I think the 200 club is less expensive. If you had to join one, join the 200 club IMO.

Thanks for the info. I'd like to check them both out, I have also heard good things about Hamilton in Sturbridge, but it is hard to beat the fact that Singletary is so close.

Here's my 2 cents:

I'm a member at both places. I hate going to the Singletary range because I get harassed constantly by what appears to be old people with nothing better to do than question my membership, who I'm with, etc. Their range is very nice though.

The 200 club is a lot more relaxed and laid back about the matter- their range requires you to go off-road a little bit but it really isn't a big deal. The range is in decent shape- could use some work done to it, though.

I think the 200 club is less expensive. If you had to join one, join the 200 club IMO.

200 was my first choice since it is pretty close to the house <1 mile. When I went in and talked to the guy in the clubhouse, they said they dont just hand out membership applications. I had to get it from and be sponsored by a member but I do not know anyone there. Makes it kind of tough. They told me to come hang out at the bar and talk to the guys here and there but then they tell me it is members only. I was really confused!

Matt

I'm actually in the area of both Singletary and 200s. My dad and I just got into the sport and have been asking a lot of friends, and none of them seem to know anyone that is a member either. I'd like to find someone that would show me around and give me advice and knowledge about the sport. I've also heard the same things about Singletary and the harassment.

Singletary, from what I have heard is a PITA. Lots of bosses. I have not heard much about 200 except it is more of a bar that has a range rather than a range that has a bar. Personally I don't like any shooting club with a bar. There are enough sober idiots at the range without adding alcohol to the mix

I've heard the same about both as well. I'd rather have lots of bosses than be around people drinking though.

Here's my 2 cents:

Do you know what the dues are for Singletary ? Interested in sponsoring someone ?

I am a member at Hopkinton but would like to join another club where I can shoot steel cored ammo.

Huh? I can only speak of Singletary since I am a member there and have not yet been to the 200 sportsmen's club.

Singletary has a very nice long outdoor range and holds organized shoots that are often open to the public. There is a 100 yard pistol shoot this Sunday. http://www.singletaryrodandgun.com/newsletter.pdf

Membership is easy to obtain and the application and rules are posted on their web site. http://www.singletaryrodandgun.com/memfrm.html

The range is very accessible and I think it is a good idea that members try to ensure that non-members are not using/abusing our range though I have NEVER seen any type of "harassment" nor even been questioned by other members while using the range. I'll admit that MAY be attributable to the fact that I have my club membership button clearly visible on my range bag. [grin]

I will admit that there are two sets of membership @ Singletary. (As there used to be at Hopkinton)
1. Shooters.
2. Drinkers.

I'll stop in for a cold beverage after the pistol shoots finish on Sunday's but most all of the people I see inside, I never see @ the range.

Huh? I can only speak of Singletary since I am a member there and have not yet been to the 200 sportsmen's club.

Singletary has a very nice long outdoor range and holds organized shoots that are often open to the public. There is a 100 yard pistol shoot this Sunday. http://www.singletaryrodandgun.com/newsletter.pdf

Membership is easy to obtain and the application and rules are posted on their web site. http://www.singletaryrodandgun.com/memfrm.html

The range is very accessible and I think it is a good idea that members try to ensure that non-members are not using/abusing our range though I have NEVER seen any type of "harassment" nor even been questioned by other members while using the range. I'll admit that MAY be attributable to the fact that I have my club membership button clearly visible on my range bag. [grin]

I will admit that there are two sets of membership @ Singletary. (As there used to be at Hopkinton)
1. Shooters.
2. Drinkers.

I'll stop in for a cold beverage after the pistol shoots finish on Sunday's but most all of the people I see inside, I never see @ the range.

That seems pretty fun. I talked to some guy at Whistle Stop and he told me that if I ever do/can join, to get my hours in asap. I really would have expected them to require more than 6! Like the other clubs, the only difficult part is finding a sponsor.

I am heading to the meeting tonight to join. I went to the field day a few weekends ago and shooting there with a member a few weeks ago. I really liked the range and it is 4miles from my house which is a big bonus!

Back
Top Bottom