Anyone Going to Shot Show in Jan Orlando FL??

Just seeing if any new englanders are going to the shot show. I have an extra bedroom available for rent if you are. Two twin beds. 90/ NIGHT per person

Was planning on it but changed those plans in lieu of another vcation. Go to Disney every yr at least once, sometimes twice and having the accomodations there (Disney vacation club ;) makes it a easy and quick hop to SHOT. Maybe another yr. Have better plans for next yr's trips.

I'm in for Friday & Saturday with the Systema Booth with Jim Conway & Andy Langlois.

And the Raven Breakfast Meeting Saturday Morning.

See You all there.

Embassy Suites Jamaican Court look us up.

Last edited:
Roger that! But test driving the AR Platform is a little low ball isn't it. Even if it is made by a great manufacturer - like LMT. I couldn't count all the rounds I've got out of an AR /M-16 platform in Semi/Full or Civie/Military. Now talk something like H&K or FN, and you get my VIP Bar Pass!

One year (SHOT) I got a late Invite to the Formal Glock Party, only problem was I didn't bring "Formal Attire". Screwed again.

Last edited:
Don't you have to be invited or have a "connection" within the gun industry? From what I've heard, you can't just walk in like any other gun show.

You do, but in practice it's not that hard - all you need is an FFL to be willing to say you are on staff (chances are someone on NES can help out). What takes "connections" is getting invited to some of the private by invitation w/ticket only parties put on by the vendors.

The best kind of badges are "exhibitor" (so you can walk in if you get there a bit before the opening bell in the morning) and "retailer" (which means that exhibitors will see you as a prospective customer, rather than someone sucking up booth space).

Where is everyone staying?

Jim & I are are at the Embassy Suites Jamacian Court.

We are in for Friday & Saturday events.

Also see us at the Westford NES get together.

The Bar at the Peabody Hotel is a good Place its right accross from the Convention Center.

Last edited:
i rented a condo right next to the convention center. If anyone is stuck with lodging we have a room with a queen bed for rent. 90.00 a night...no minimum. condo has a full kitchen and pool and ammenity access

Went last year in Vegas. What a blast! Couldn't make it this year unfortunately. I hope to be there next year though back in LV I think. Altezza, yes, you have to be "someone" who has some relation to the gun industry in order to get a pass. It is not like a regular gun show where you pay your $6 and walk in to browse. But it is not usually hard to find a way to get a pass. Press passes (so you can take pictures) are hard to get, but ANY business even REMOTELY related to guns can get passes. I saw people from mortgage companies and insurance companies and all kinds of wierd things that were a stretch in terms of relation to firearms. It is also a sprting goods show too, so clothing, outfitters, etc. I would imagine if you were a registered guide you could get in easy too. THey have a whole Airsoft and paintball section too, so that is another avenue to get a pass.

If you get a chance to go, DO IT!!! It is WAY overwhelming. You will just walk around in a daze and then all of a sudden you will find yourself on the plane home going, "What the hell just happened, and what is all this crap in my carryon?" HAHAHA!!!

Last edited:
ill be there 2 ,,it just wasnt planned..was going to be in florida anyways and then i see the dates in the shooting industry news magazine..tickets online are 20.00 but at the show 50.00 ,,,6 of us are going...the hotels were x-spensive through the shotshow websight but my friend found them at the marriot 3 rooms for 150.00 total for all three,,he,s always getting deals online..c-ya...there

SHOT show

I'll be there Thursday to Sunday. Any get togethers planned? What's there to do at night? A little different than Vegas [frown]

Chris

WHO CAN GET US INTO AN EVENT?
WOULD BE THE FIRST QUESTION.

BACK UP PLAN COVER & CONCEALMENT LOCATION FOR DRINKS AND SANDWICHES.

MIKE NASTEK
JIM CONWAY

CELL # 1-978-815-1764
FRIDAY OR SATURDAY NIGHTS

Do Norteast Shooters a favor at SHOT

To those that Attend SHOT (I am one), I challenge you to collectively Debate all those Gun and Gun related companies that do not do Business in New England (Specifically Massachusetts), while you are there.

An Example would be Glock, Most MA LE Agencies carry Glock, but they don't ship to MA. Further, their GSSF (Shooting Match) is not held in MA, even thou many of us MA Gun Owners have Glocks. Yes, I know the GSSF is dependant on Gun Club willingness and co-operation. But Still, can't they fit 1 ?? in New England proper.

Or how about Century Arms? They won't sell surplus ammo in MA., but you can buy a used GI Pistol Belt from them.

Or how about Scharch / Top Brass? They are a reloading supply Company, that won't ship once fired brass to MA. WTF?

This list is not all inclusive, there are other (Many Other) Companies, that won't ship to MA. (Rock River, Les Baer and on and on)

Let them know, they are losing business!! Then go to their PRIVATE PARTY AND DRINK ALL THEIR BOOZE!

shot show party

I heard Harris Publishing (Combat Handguns, Guns & Weapons) is having their event Thurs night at 6pm at the Peabody Orlando Resort - Orlando room. Although its invite only I heard they don't check invites or turn people away.

Now just need parties for Fri and Sat night......

Just a rough idea, I rented a good size condo next to the convention center, depending on how many people would show I can make a dinner for people or we can find some food somewhere and all get together. Just let me know.

Got your text, sorry for the delayed response. I can try you again tomorrow. I have always wanted to attend one of these and am going to try to make it happen being that I can get a dealer pass!!

Back
Top Bottom