Anyone Heard Of Star Firearms

A friend is thinking about purchasing a Star M45 Firestar. It is a nice looking and feeling gun, plus the price is right. We have never heard of the company before. Deos anyone know about this company, is the quality there, are they still in business, are they reliable? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

Last edited:
phillip, STAR is a Spanish gunmaker with a pretty good reputation for quality. It's not one of the fly by night Spanigh imposters. They've been around a long time, and produce many guns some under different brand names.

I've use the Firestar, and my only real complaint was it is heavy. While that is a good thing in some ways, it wasn't the most cofortable carry gun

Depending on the price, and when the gun was made, you might be very happy with one.

This is their home page: http://star-firearms.com/cgi-bin/gm1/index.shtml

Star made some pretty good guns. They are no longer in business.
Spare parts are very difficult to impossible to find.
I have a Model 28 that I rarely shoot these days because if I break it, well you know.

they used to make a very small (for the era)45 auto 6 shot and 4 inch barrel as I recall aluminiun frame A famous gun writer of the day George Nonte thought the world of them BTW Mr. Nonte has passed on

Star pistols

I own two of the firestar p40 and they are great carry guns. Compact but a touch heavy but if using a hot load the extra weight helps with the recoil. The only thing that I would tell you to check is make certain that the magazine will drop free of the well on its own. I had to take both of my guns to a smith and have the wells honed and polished to make certain they would drop without interference. Hate to have a magazine stick in the middle of a gun fight.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom