• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

I'm skinflinting my way to no primers. LOL. I think you're right and prices aren't coming back. $75-$80 is starting to look really good.
I thought the influx of Aguilas we saw for a short period were going to be good to get prices at $70, but then they practically disappeared (Larry still has some, but pricey).

Now it looks like Fiocchi will be the one. I'm not willing to go full foreign yet.

And this is for Larry's prices......

200w.gif

No large rifle primers anywhere. Can large pistol (magnum or not) primers be used for 308 win loads? I see mixed answers online.
There’s a vendor who’s got brand new Norma primed 308 brass for 50 cents per case shipped.

“This .308 Win brass is made by Norma in Sweden and primed by Norma using large rifle primers made by Norma in Germany. This brass is marked MAI on the headstamp instead of Norma, but it's Norma quality brass at a better than Norma headstamp price. Brass is bulk packaged.”

I thought the influx of Aguilas we saw for a short period were going to be good to get prices at $70, but then they practically disappeared (Larry still has some, but pricey).

Now it looks like Fiocchi will be the one. I'm not willing to go full foreign yet.

And this is for Larry's prices......

200w.gif
I bought some ZSR? to try.
at $70 per I couldn't resist.

Good deal on LRP

Ts usa has almost every kind of primer. In the 83 to 95 dollar range. Plus hazmat etc
This is good to hear. This tells me buyers are FINALLY stopping the "impulse fear" buying of primers. Inventories increase , the gouging middle men "suppliers" now start sitting on large inventories of items and offer discounts to the end gun shops to ensure cash flow, and that puts pressure on the primary mfg to also drop prices. The bonus is also the fact the other Fed / Rem / Win primer mfg's are up to full production again. Then there's the primer mfg "new guy" Expansion Industries out of TX that will hopefully add consumer buying options which adds competition and again prices drop. It's pure economics coming full circle back in favor of the consumer. I'm guessing (hoping) that once you can easily find multiple bricks of any primers at the LGS level they will probably bottom out at $60ish a brick.

Seems like supply is loosening up but prices, to me at least, are still retarded. Got an alert for CCI SPP on the 13th and theyre still available for $94 + tax + ship + hazmat. [thinking] Am I wrong in thinking that $94/1k is ridiculous? Whining about prices is starting to make me feel like an old man :(, but its only been like 3 years and prices are still triple what I remember them. I guess the silver lining is they arent being snapped up in 45 minutes like they had been

Last edited:
Seems like supply is loosening up but prices, to me at least, are still retarded. Got an alert for CCI SPP on the 13th and theyre still available for $94 + tax + ship + hazmat. [thinking] Am I wrong in thinkin that $94/1k is ridiculous? Whining about prices is starting to make me feel like an old man :(, but its only been like 3 years and prices are still triple what I remember them. I guess the silver lining is they are being snapped up in 45 minutes like they had been
No I think it’s full retard as well

Seems like supply is loosening up but prices, to me at least, are still retarded. Got an alert for CCI SPP on the 13th and theyre still available for $94 + tax + ship + hazmat. [thinking] Am I wrong in thinking that $94/1k is ridiculous? Whining about prices is starting to make me feel like an old man :(, but its only been like 3 years and prices are still triple what I remember them. I guess the silver lining is they arent being snapped up in 45 minutes like they had been
Nope, not wrong. Agreed that prices are still F-R.

“good” deal on primers in the classifieds. Imagine a couple years ago thinking $70 per 1k would be a deal 😂

“good” deal on primers in the classifieds. Imagine a couple years ago thinking $70 per 1k would be a deal 😂
It appears some mad lad bought them all

Considering what they cost nowadays, I'd say a Great deal... ;)

Considering what they cost nowadays, I'd say a Great deal... ;)
The cheapest I saw Fiocchi’s in the last month was at $68 per thousand but shipping brought it to $75. Right now I see one place has Fiocchi SRP at $72 per thousand but shipping gets it to $78 or so depending on how many you buy. And Target is sticking to $83 plus hazmat to get you near $90.

If it wasn't for people (not pointing fingers) twisting my arm I wouldn't care because I'd be buying loaded ammo.
I'm not paying 10 cents a pop anymore. Just not doing it.

If it wasn't for people (not pointing fingers) twisting my arm I wouldn't care because I'd be buying loaded ammo.
I'm not paying 10 cents a pop anymore. Just not doing it.

Not when you can buy a case of practice ammo for $240-260. I've been sitting on my primers for two years now , and buying cases of ammo when the prices are right. A few weeks ago KAG Arms had 1000 rds of 9mm for $211 out the door.

I bought 2000 of those berdan primers that came up a few months ago and I kinda wish I bought more. I almost DID, actually…but when I went back a week later they had finally sold out. I’m only planning on using them on my 7.5x55 and maybe a few 7.62x54 brass so they’re not useless after one firing.

I’ve probably got enough GP-11 to get me by for the rest of my life, but I figure it’s probably a decent investment if I never get around to shooting it all. Might as well reuse the top tier brass more than once and stretch out my stash.

How do you deprime berdan? Mechanical is a pain and hydraulic is messy.
Hydraulic. It’s just water, lol.

It’s really not bad if you do the whole operation in a metal or heavy plastic catch pan.

It’s just like anything else with reloading…once you get into the groove, your back starts to hurt from hunching over and you’re only half way done 🤣

Anyone else have the discord app change on them?

I can’t use the reloading page because it’s age restricted. It wants me to login from a desktop and upload a picture of myself to unlock the reloading page.

This is what I get.

74FD1D98-E5F2-4A26-A047-F5442386DDEC.png DCF1057E-C31D-49C2-A6E5-51765C9A9660.png

Back
Top Bottom