• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone know where to get Unicorn Droppings (primers) for non ass rape pricing?

Target sports has SPP at $83. Had them forever
I just checked as this sounded like a decent deal. "FREE SHIPPING" on buying a 6K case.. ... until I go to the LAST checkout step and yup I get whacked with a $30 hazmat fee. The positive news is that across the board primer availability is growing , and prices are creeping downwards.

Last edited:
I just checked as this sounded like a decent deal. "FREE SHIPPING" on buying a 6K case.. ... until I go to the LAST checkout step and yup I get whacked with a $30 hazmat fee. The positive news is that across the board primer availability is growing , and prices are creeping downwards.
Everyone charges a hazmat fee. Whether it’s built into the price or added during checkout, depends on the vendor.

AR and Kentucky are the only ones I can think of who sell primers with shipping and hazmat already built into the price.

prices are creeping downwards.
duh?
i still see level of $450 per 5000 before fees/shipping for small #450 cci and the large #200 CCI are still as gone as they were.
still so fecking happy for that last purchase thank you @DW357 once more again.
as it is pointless to talk about of price of something that is simply NOT out there, at all.

Is it me or has bulletsand powder sort of normalized a bit
2019 I paid $279 shipped for Varget seen it for $345 , is it going to get cheaper? Last I seen Varget it was $450
Bullets seem on par with what I last paid for on sale bulk bullets.
H4895 is still not available in 8lb jugs that I can find.
But primers are still $10+/100

2019 I paid $279 shipped for Varget seen it for $345 , is it going to get cheaper? Last I seen Varget it was $450
wat?

:)

seriously, where did you see varget for $450? what are you talking about?
i just checked - valley mofos jerked price from $314 to $348.99 on a #8 jug. high, but, no $450, yet.

H4895 is still not available in 8lb jugs that I can find

The ONE f***ing powder I have been looking for more of. I had an opportunity to buy 16# during peak COVID nonsense and I only bought 8# because someone else wanted the other 8# that was on the shelf. I caved and let them have it even though I had it all but paid for. Now I kinda wish I just told them to f*** off, lol.

wat?

:)

seriously, where did you see varget for $450? what are you talking about?
i just checked - valley mofos jerked price from $314 to $348.99 on a #8 jug. high, but, no $450, yet.
The last time I went looking mid 2020 early 2021 I only found it in stock in 2 places for $450

I just was poking around. I really want H4895 but if I buy a jug or 2 of varget I wont have to worry about rifle powder for a while.

I used to run a group buy with 5 other guys.
2 have passed on and we basically did a big buy back in 2017 I had enough H4895
Put me right in the middle of covid for a planned restock.
By the time the group got together no one had everything we needed for one big order. So we all agreed to wait this mess out.

I have enough to cover my needs for a long time and plenty of 22lr to go plinking until things get better
I like H4895 as it covers a large amount of my needs from reduced loads to my match loads. Its a function of lazy more than anything.
I can just adjust the powder dial on the hopper filled with H4895 and not change powders.

I have 8208 for match loads
Clays for 90% of my pistol needs
Decent stock of W844< should have bought more when that shit when it was $68/8lbs

Im below all the MA limits so looking to get restocked.

Last edited:
The last time I went looking mid 2020 early 2021 I only found it in stock in 2 places for $450
makes sense this way, as at that time it was never in stock for longer than 60-80 seconds.
it is way more sensible now, when #8 are at valley it may last an hour or so, but, the $350 plus hazard and shipping, and a 1 jug limit. sucks.

i stocked up enough of it now for some foreseeable time, though. seems like it was a right decision.

and helps pretty much to rule out any new caliber acquisitions, if they do not work with the 2 powders what i have now - varget and RL16.

makes sense this way, as at that time it was never in stock for longer than 60-80 seconds.
it is way more sensible now, when #8 are at valley it may last an hour or so, but, the $350 plus hazard and shipping, and a 1 jug limit. sucks.

i stocked up enough of it now for some foreseeable time, though. seems like it was a right decision.

and helps pretty much to rule out any new caliber acquisitions, if they do not work with the 2 powders what i have now - varget and RL16.
Well at least you have varget , that covers a lot of ground also.
What I have been doing is finishing off all my 1lb “try” powder supply. For range plinking.
Im getting ready to load up whats left of 1lb CFE223 with some bulk 55s for ringing steel through the beater AR. For the price I paid for that powder and bullets its almost “free”
Although I will stuff some cash away and “buy” my reloads off myself at current replacement costs. On hopes when I really need to stock up again It will be a little less and my cash on deck goes a little further

Looks like MSS added Fiocchi SPP and SRP. Price is not great, more than AR (but AR only has SRP).

Italians to the rescue.

Last edited:
I have tried them. The cups are pretty hard compared to other makes. My competition gun did not like them with the lighter spring set. It will shoot other brands with no problem. All of my other 9mm's have no problem with them.

The failures showed heavy primer strikes, and did go off on a second try. My competition gun is an M&P9, first gen with Apex competition spring set.

I have yet to try them in 38spl. I suspect that my revolvers and rifle will not have a problem with them as they are not set up for competition and typically have no problems even with slightly unseated primers.
Update: These primers suck!

Revolvers have at least one failure to fire per cylinder full with these. Most of my 9mm will exhibit a FTFire every other mag or so. Upon inspection, I find that some of them are slightly smaller in diameter. I noticed this when seating the primers too. Some were really easy to seat while others seemed to take the normal amount of force. I think this is causing the primer to unseat while the round is in the mag/cylinder during recoil. It is usually the 4th or 5th round that has the problem. A restrike does usually still set them off.

No large rifle primers anywhere. Can large pistol (magnum or not) primers be used for 308 win loads? I see mixed answers online.

Back
Top Bottom